New Tower of Magic Hero Released: Motega
This thread is for discussing strategy related to Motega, as well as your thoughts on him.
|Tower of Magic||Magic|
|Fiend Resist||At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new Fiends for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
Ability: Heal on Full Charge
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have 50% chance to recover 15% health for all allies. If the Special Skill is fully charged, the chance is 100%.
|Special Skill: Stalling Butterfly Swarm|
The new heroes form the “Magic” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:
- 50% / 75% / 100% chance to cast +5% mana generation stack on a random ally when this hero casts their Special skill.
Maximum stack size: 10
Note: Family bonus can be triggered on the first and second mana charge too.
The new heroes have passive abilities too, which can be triggered on the second mana charge only.
Changes from Beta
There appear to be no changes since Beta.
Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Tower of Magic Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v39, v41]
What do you think of Motega ?
This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Motega.
Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Motega and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.
Some Popular Questions for Discussion
Is Motega worth summoning for?
Would you use Motega on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?
Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Motega ?
What heroes would you take when facing Motega as an opponent?
Would you give Motega Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?
What do you think of special?
What do you think of Motega’s character design?
If you Summoned Motega and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Motega, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*
|Avoiding Overspending & Heartache|
|Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?|
It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Motega.
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
- 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Motega by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
- 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Motega by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
- 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Motega by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
- 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Motega by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)
Putting that in Perspective
85 out of every 100 people won’t get Motega by the 100th pull
If 1 Million players each spent
$259.97 (US)to summon times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Motega
5 out of every 100 people won’t get Motega by the 1800th pull
If 1 Million players each spent
$4,671.53 USto summon times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Motega
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
[WARNING] A Summons Experience - Chasing Guardian Panther - A Warning for Chasing Heroes
What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about "unfair pulls")
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
Wondering About Your Personal Situation?
Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.
If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.
Related Threads You May Be Interested In
- 🧪 Early Information on New Tower of Magic Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v39, v41]
- 🧙 Milena – 5* Ice / Blue from Tower of Magic
- 🧙 Cristóbal – 5* Nature / Green from Tower of Magic
- 🧙 Agrafena – 5* Dark / Purple from Tower of Magic
- 🧙 Nadezhda – 5* Fire / Red from Tower of Magic
- 🧙 Anton – 4* Nature / Green from Tower of Magic
- 🧙 Anastasia – 4* Holy / Yellow from Tower of Magic
- 🧙 Sergei – 4* Dark / Purple from Tower of Magic
- 🧙 Dölgöön – 3* Nature / Green from Tower of Magic
- 🧙 Kornel – 3* Fire / Red from Tower of Magic