🧙 Sergei – 4* Dark / Purple from Tower of Magic

New Tower of Magic Hero Released: Sergei

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Sergei, as well as your thoughts on him.

Sergei

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Druid
M
Magic
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 715 674 1468
4/80 829 781 1702
Origin Family
Tower of Magic Magic
Image Aether Power Description
special-armor Special Armor At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +40% defense against Special Skills for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: When this character casts their Special Skill, they have 50% chance to deal 100% damage to all their enemies. If the Special Skill is fully charged, the chance is 100%.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Stalling Midnight Moon
  • 1x Mana Charge:
    • All enemies get -54% defense against Dark for 3 turns.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • All allies get +100% normal attack for 5 turns. Stacks with similar effects up to maximum of +160% normal attack.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Magic” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Magic Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% / 100% chance to cast +5% mana generation stack on a random ally when this hero casts their Special skill.
    Maximum stack size: 10

Note: Family bonus can be triggered on the first and second mana charge too.
The new heroes have passive abilities too, which can be triggered on the second mana charge only.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Feb 2022

Apr 2022

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes since Beta.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Tower of Magic Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v39, v41]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Sergei ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Sergei.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Sergei and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Sergei worth summoning for?

• Would you use Sergei on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Sergei ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Sergei as an opponent?

• Would you give Sergei Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Sergei’s character design?

• If you Summoned Sergei and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Sergei, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Sergei when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Sergei, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Sergei (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Sergei), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Epic Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 17.5% chance of summoning Sergei.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 69 times out of 100, you’ll get Sergei by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Sergei by pull 156 (46,800 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Sergei by pull 240 (62,400 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 31 out of every 100 people won’t get Sergei by the 20th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::zero: times, 309,196 of those players wouldn’t get Sergei
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Sergei by the 156th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :one::five::zero: times, 56,280 of those players wouldn’t get Sergei
  • 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Sergei by the 240th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::four::zero: times, 10,013 of those players wouldn’t get Sergei

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

7 Likes

Feedback Poll - Sergei (post release)

:question: Is Sergei worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Sergei would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Sergei’s Primary Purpose is?

• Defense Debuffer
  • Attack Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Sergei compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Sergei’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Sergei worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Sergei is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Sergei is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options
4 Likes

This is the hero to really shoot for IMO. Both charge moves are extremely useful!

11 Likes

I agree, wouldn’t mind getting him instead of a 5* Very usefull 4*!

4 Likes

Will he change the meta for monthly events? Will those without him be able to compete for the top 500?

2 Likes

I don’t think I can remember a more anticipated 4-star

9 Likes

i hope this -38% is just for a 1.1 Sergei @cap

Still waiting for the 4* elem def drop BLUE.

sergei, falcon, jackal, almur are for the people who dont spend
panther, marjC, leoC, fogg/eve, frida/arthur for the people who spend

2 Likes

oh, and the 3x4* from MT look like they are brothers

Hope I get this dude… If yah ain’t got panther he yaah next best option… Def worth maxing and emblems.

2 Likes

Will people use Panther with Sergei?

Very doubtful… But on a raid or war having both could be handy with a aoe… Even if you have one panther, serg still value In MT and war attack team when stack purple.

3 Likes

Would it be fair to say, Sergei should replace my constant missing Wu Kong vs titans? I need this hero for sure!

7 Likes

Must have for anyone without Miki/Tarlak or Panther. I have Miki and Panther and will still try to get him, even if for just 4* Challenge Event tier. Not good for defense, but who the hell cares?

5 Likes

This hero will easily justify being limit broken to make him a quasi 5 star. He seems like a 4 1/2 star already.

2 Likes

He’ll be good for mythic for you when Panther/Miki are used up.

2 Likes

My new most wanted hero and 4*? Hell yeah, basically small version of Panther and Miki in one hero!

This is the one that most of player are waiting for. Let’s see how easy SG will allow us to get it.

1 Like

Wasn’t this guy nerfed? I thought I saw some graphics showing the elemental down at -38%.

That special skill description was displayed how can you encounter him in the event as a boss.
This hero was never needed in Beta.

2 Likes

I’ve never gotten panther so I’m banking gems and buying offers just to make sure I pull this guy. He’s the last EDD I need for titans I have all the other colors covered.

1 Like