🏯 Ruby - 5* Fire / Red from Ninja Tower

New Ninja Tower hero is released: Ruby

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Ruby, as well as your thoughts on him.

Ruby

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Barbarian
C
Charge
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 883 788 1554
4/90 1010 901 1778
Origin Family
Ninja Tower Ninja
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Crimson Calamity
    • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana:

• 1x Mana Charge:
      • Deals 290% damage to the target.
      • Reduces the mana of the target by 25%.
      • The target gets -14% mana generation for 2 turns.

• 2x Mana Charge:
      • Deals 330% damage to the target and nearby enemies
      • Reduces the mana of the target and nearby enemies by 50%.
      • The target and nearby enemies gets -24% mana generation for 3 turns.

• 3x Mana Charge:
      • Deals 370% damage to all enemies.
      • Reduces the mana of all enemies by 100%.
      • All enemies get -34% mana generation for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus (same as the existing)

Ninja Heroes have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Ninja Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 5% / 10% chance to dodge normal attacks and Special Skills
  • 5% / 10% chance to counterattack with 60% / 90%< of the damage recieved

The two effects have individual sequential procecing. So one may not trigger while the other might.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Ruby from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Ninja Tower Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v43]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Ruby ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Ruby.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Ruby and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Ruby worth summoning for?

• Would you use Ruby on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Ruby ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Ruby as an opponent?

• Would you give Ruby Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Ruby’s character design?

• If you Summoned Ruby and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Ruby, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Ruby when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Ruby, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Ruby (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Ruby), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Ruby.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Ruby by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Ruby by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Ruby by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Ruby by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Ruby by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Ruby

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Ruby by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Ruby

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Original Discussion topic on old Ninja heroes:

Round 1 Ninja Hero topics:

Round 2 Ninja Hero topics:

Round 3 Ninja Hero topics:

Beta information:

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Ruby (post release)

:question: Is Ruby worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Ruby would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Ruby’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Mana Cuter
  • Mana generation decreaser

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Ruby compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Ruby’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Ruby’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Ruby worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Ruby is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Ruby is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

#BrokenAF.

20characters

30 Likes

Would love to have her but not chasing with these odds. Literally worst odds for OP hero in the game.

I feel it only exists to frustrate normal players who aren’t keen to throw 5000 USD at a portal just like that. Meanwhile, whales on the other part of the world already cooking gems.

16 Likes

I’m not a camel so I don’t count straws but this hero is definitely one of the reasons I have been f2p for over a month. I’m not going to be jealous of those that get the new OP heroes, I guess I just don’t care any more which probably means my time on E+P is limited.

On a more positive note at least I get ring side seats to watch Rome burn :fire:

16 Likes

Naw I could never chase Ruby! Never ever limit break too!!!

I’m in two minds whether to spend any accumulated coins in this portal. Mainly I’m just waiting for the troops. I wouldn’t go all out (as far as I ever do, which is not a lot) for this one hero as we all know the odds, and if it’s as ludicrously OP as we’re expecting it’s going to get a sharp nerfin’ before much longer.

Haha - I can’t get any ninja hero - so I’ll probably end up getting a dozen rubies

1 Like

Err, I understand we need a little bit of power creep for new heroes to keep players interested and summoning. But a 100% mana cut on a triple charge, AND 370% damage to all, AND -34% mana regen to all seems more of a leap than creep. Any two of those three would be fine, or maybe even all three as long as the numbers were a bit smaller. If he goes off on a triple charge (or even a 2x charge), it’s over, you can’t recover from that.

Most overpowered hero ever IMO. Makes Milena, who was only just released, look like a S1 hero.

14 Likes

This hero is even more powerful than Cobalt, I think… and makes Jade look like an absolute amateur.

11 Likes

But, run Ruby and Cobalt together and they can clean house

If you summon all the 5* Ninja can you join them together to make a Megazord?

14 Likes

Players: let’s reduce our spending to show SG/Zynga we don’t like the direction of the game

SG: here’s a ridiculously overpowered hero to tempt you to open your wallets back up

4 Likes

I will pass this portal, I like strong heroes but not and like this, she will be nerfed after her release so I just don’t want to wast my money.

1 Like

I’ll wait for Christmas

Can I just confirm that the 3rd -34% effects all & not target and NB? Thanks!

• 3x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 370% damage to all enemies.
    • Reduces the mana of all enemies by 100%.
    • The target and nearby enemies gets -34% mana generation for 4 turns.

Op af. But hey, whales need to chase something again in this portal right?

I think this topic should be in player guides, with rest of the hero one’s…

2 Likes

Sorry, I have just checked my pictures taken from Beta.

This is the correct:
All enemies get -34% mana generation for 4 turns.

I have fixed this in the OP here and in the Beta beat topic too.

2 Likes

Good observation.
I have moved all 3 new Ninja hero topics to the Player Guides section.

It was in General Discussion as the old Ninja Hero topics where there.

1 Like

I just can’t see this hero not getting nerfed.

I mean, we had Milena, who does 380% to all, but she slow and needs a double charge (as slow as a ninja triple charge), who’s a bit unreliable in that her single charge isn’t that useful. So while she is powerful with her second charge, there are drawbacks. Ruby on the other hand will be very powerful even with a single or double charge because those targets take damage, lose mana, and will struggle to regain it.

Then we had e.g. Ludwig. 6-turn taunt - awesome! Except that he doesn’t do defense up like the other taunt heroes, so he’s extremely vulnerable to tiles. Plus he gets shut down by Mist, Malosi, Hatter, and several other heroes. So again, a powerful hero, but not invincible.

Where’s the negative for Ruby? I’m just seeing an IWIN button. Single charge, double charge, I guess that is OK. Powerful. But that triple charge… I wouldn’t summon in this even because I just don’t see him not getting nerfed. Why spend gems on a hero that will be nerfed? And if he’s not nerfed, we’re left with this incredibly powerful hero dominating all top defenses and offenses. It’s a lose-lose. The only solution is to tweak him before launch, but I’m not holding my breath.

4 Likes