šŸÆ Quartz - 5* Dark / Purple from Ninja Tower

New Ninja Tower hero is released: Quartz

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Quartz, as well as your thoughts on him.

Quartz

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Cleric
C
Charge
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 810 834 1645
4/90 927 955 1882
Origin Family
Ninja Tower Ninja
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Incite Ki
    • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana:

• 1x Mana Charge:
      • All allies regenerates 204 HP over 2 turns.
      • All allies get +34% attack for 2 turns.
      • Cleanses status ailments from all allies.

• 2x Mana Charge:
      • All allies regenerates 624 HP over 3 turns.
      • All allies get +44% attack for 3 turns.

• 3x Mana Charge:
      • All allies regenerates 940 HP over 4 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.
      • All allies get +54% attack for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus (same as the existing)

Ninja Heroes have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Ninja Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 5% / 10% chance to dodge normal attacks and Special Skills
  • 5% / 10% chance to counterattack with 60% / 90%< of the damage recieved

The two effects have individual sequential procecing. So one may not trigger while the other might.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jan 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Quartz from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 2 of Ninja Tower Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v43]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Quartz ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Quartz.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Quartz and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Quartz worth summoning for?

• Would you use Quartz on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Quartz ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Quartz as an opponent?

• Would you give Quartz Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Quartzā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Quartz and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Quartz, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Quartz when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Quartz, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Quartz (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Quartz), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

Itā€™s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Quartz.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Quartz by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Quartz by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Quartz by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Quartz by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Quartz by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldnā€™t get Quartz

• 5 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Quartz by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldnā€™t get Quartz

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Original Discussion topic on old Ninja heroes:

Round 1 Ninja Hero topics:

Round 2 Ninja Hero topics:

Round 3 Ninja Hero topics:

Beta information:

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Quartz (post release)

:question: Is Quartz worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Quartz would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Quartzā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer (Over Time)
  • Attack Buffer
  • Cleanser

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Quartz compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Quartzā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Quartzā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Quartz worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Quartz is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Quartz is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

1 Like

I just pulled him and he seems just kind of Meh. Any thoughts?

Just by seeing him, he is a 5* version of c rig. If youā€™re looking at skills alone, then only his 3rd charge is better then c rig. Personally, I think agrafena is better in terms of buffs. But I donā€™t have either so donā€™t take my advice too seriously

1 Like

He heals for 45 less health than Rigard-C and 4% less attack, on his second charge. He really seems like he is not that good at all. At the very least they could have put his cleanse first

5 Likes

But he can cleanse your team in 5 tiles if needed. Iā€™ve been playing around with him and quite like him due to the flexibility.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve just got him, but whyā€¦ I mean why I always get the worst of best!
I have also Jade, Agrafena and Salmon Loki!

I should make them a team!
Not the A-team but another nameā€¦ any ideas?
:rofl:

4 Likes

Agrafena is by far not the worse. Sheā€™s just the standard vanilla buffer, but still reliable

2 Likes

Pulled him this morning, so now need to care -.-

Imho what justifies his existence is the 1st charge. At ultrafast speed you get +34% attack and cleanse. Pair that with C Victorā€™s -24% defense and at 6 tiles you can get significant advantage over the enemy, however for limited number of turns. Fastest cleanse possible in the game canā€™t be meh.

Unfortunately, as the charges build up, he doesnā€™t scale all that well. 2nd charge is where he loses terribly vs C Rigard, itā€™s not worthy of a 5 star new Ninja. 3rd charge becomes interesting again, but at this amount of tiles you could charge Alfrike whose gamewinning potential is far better.

2nd charge is enough to get max tile dmg on titans when paired with Miki. But same is true for C Rig. So I can hardly see Tabards worth with just slight return on survivability there.

So torn a bit on this guy. Feels like he needs something extra to sell better.

9 Likes

Great review and analysis!

As it seems heā€™ll be a support hero (3/70) but not a top tier one!

His 1x charge cleanse is also very potent (currently, he and Milena are the only very fast cleansers in game).

This is especially effective vs strong very fast or fast heroes, who can tank and when you have bad board. Great counter to C. Gravemaker, for example :slight_smile:

Second charge is similar to C. Rigard like Tydup also noted. 3* charge is great beacuse of the undispellable healing.

I think I found a niche for him in my roster. My secondary purple war squad after maxing C Victor recently, I think I will rebuild it to something like:

Quartz - C Victor - Clarissa - Onyx - Jabberwock/C Sartana/Hel/whatever

Should be quick and deadly, and I can see a value there replacing C Rigard with Quartz. Only need to find enemies without cleansers.

1 Like

I think Quartz and Milena has a role to play in future as well, since heroes are more potent already at faster speed and very fast cleanse will translate later :slight_smile:

I think Quarkz is a strong all round healer. Heā€™s a super Rigard, but he gives you options that Rigard canā€™t. Heā€™s just a nice versatile healer (who actually Cleanses). But itā€™s hard to follow Ruby anywhere.

I wrote a full review here. Thanks!

7 Likes

The +34% Atk to the entire team at very fast is pretty awesome in my opinion. Pairing with other very fast heroes like Hannah (first charge), Sergei, Kage, Clarissa, Costumed Victor, etc can provide pretty good synergy. Heā€™s also versatile enough to bring in teams of other elements where you can utilize the attack up with def+elemental def down. Also a nice counter to those nasty defense down heroes on defense such as Frigg and Morel with the very fasy cleanse. Overall, I think heā€™s a pretty good hero; not game changing but definitely a good hero to have. Whether or not to fully ascend this hero; itā€™ll depends on your roster and if he fits your teams. Best way to know is to get him to 3.70 and play with him in raids against your alliance members and see for yourself if he works for you.

6 Likes

I always appreciate the work you put into those reviews! Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

I got Quartz and I think of putting him next to Wolfgang and Davy Jones in a Team with Quenell and another hart hitter. Or maybe Milena for maximum Heal&Hitting-Powerā€¦ Now I just need some tabardsā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m the sameā€¦got 2 jades and a mica, Mok-Arr and Atomos (when he was REALLY bad)ā€¦at least I didnā€™t get the salmon!

1 Like

You can replace one with Sergei perhaps Clarissa?

So I pulled him today, is he any good? I have c rigardā€¦Also have the Squid on 20.

I still have him on 3.70. First pulled Xnolphod, then Ludwig.

My thoughts on him above are still valid. Heā€™s the fastest cleanser in the game - and that makes him superior to Xnolphod if you face team with severe and fast ailments. For that niche, itā€™s worth having him; but for general use, Xnolphod is more universal.

I also use him on yellow titans, even though heā€™s only on 3.70. I wouldnā€™t say that alone would convince me to max him though.

I still think heā€™s my next purple to max, unless I pull a better one. Pulled better one twice already in the last 2 months thoughā€¦ Handy to have nothing to get excited about. Would be much better if the heal was instant.

1 Like