🏯 Cobalt - 5* Ice / Blue from Ninja Tower

New Ninja Tower hero is released: Cobalt

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Cobalt, as well as your thoughts on him.

Cobalt

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Wizard
C
Charge
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 863 739 1547
4/90 988 845 1770
Origin Family
Ninja Tower Ninja
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Katana Rain
    • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana:

• 1x Mana Charge:
      • Deals 320% damage to the target.
      • The attack has a 60% chance to bypass defensive buffs. This includes counterattacks.

• 2x Mana Charge:
      • Deals 355% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
      • The attack has a 85% chance to bypass defensive buffs. This includes counterattacks.

• 3x Mana Charge:
      • Deals 390% damage to all enemies.
      • he attack has a 100% chance to bypass defensive buffs. This includes counterattacks.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Ninja Heroes have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Ninja Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 5% / 10% chance to dodge normal attacks and Special Skills
  • 5% / 10% chance to counterattack with 60% / 90%< of the damage received

The two effects have individual sequential processing. So one may not trigger while the other might.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

March 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Cobalt from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Ninja Tower Heroes (Epic & Legendary) [Part of The Beta Beat V32]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Cobalt ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Cobalt.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Cobalt and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Cobalt worth summoning for?

• Would you use Cobalt on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Cobalt ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Cobalt as an opponent?

• Would you give Cobalt Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Cobalt’s character design?

• If you Summoned Cobalt and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Cobalt, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Cobalt when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Cobalt, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Cobalt (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Cobalt), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Cobalt.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Cobalt by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Cobalt by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Cobalt by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Cobalt by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Cobalt by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Cobalt

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Cobalt by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Cobalt

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Original Discussion topic on old Ninja heroes:

Round 1 Ninja Hero topics:

Round 2 Ninja Hero topics:

Round 3 Ninja Hero topics:

Beta Information:

Feedback Poll - Cobalt (post release)

:question: Is Cobalt worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Cobalt would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

Cobalt’s only Purpose is Dealing Damage.
So I have not added poll for this.

:question: What do you think of Cobalt compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Cobalt’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Cobalt’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Cobalt worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Cobalt is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Cobalt is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

Poor cobalt, officially outclassed by ruby. So of course I got him instead of her

3 Likes

I got Cobalt as well. He may be slightly outclassed by Ruby, but he’s still an overall solid hero. I nearly ha e him maxed out

1 Like

Congratulations on Cobalt! Would have loved to have him! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Too many blue projects, too little emblems for him. Back he goes in line :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Got him as well.

Ruby maybe outclasses him but I have lack of blue attackers so he’ll serve me well. And he’s still powerful. Ruby may cripple enemies but Cobalt will kill them outright with his bypass and possible Jinx talent trigger. And with Onyx he’ll have that tasty family bonus.

5 Likes

you’ll love Cobalt. I already maxed him.

3 Likes

I have a question. Do Cobalt x3 charge always bypass C Kadilen/Inari dodge and Margaret/Jade dodge ?

He don’t, dodge skill isn’t consider a def buff

6 Likes

Really, dodge isn’t defensive buff. Could you post a picture ?

I don’t have a picture but @Grajek is right. C Kad’s dodge works against Cobalt. I have both, use them regularly.

5 Likes

I initially thought that it was a bug and opened a thread, here we go:

4 Likes

Is Cobalt now outdated because of Sobek? When I compare Sobek with Cobalt’s second charge (average speed), Sobek just seems way better especially with a very high chance of his passive. Would there be any use case to use Cobalt over Sobek? :thinking:

1 Like

Sobek is better, there are some corner cases where Cobalt has slight advantages e.g. vs defenses that steal mana and if you’re lucky paired with other Ninjas for dodge/counterattack passives. But Sobek can output damage faster and is hugely better in VF.

If you had both at level 1, Sobek is the easy choice. Cobalt is by no means bad now, but he is definitely a step below S class heroes now. W3k and war depth are still valid cases for his use however.

3 Likes

If you have two other ninjas and using them then Cobalt is better because of that family bonus. That dodge and counter help a lot. Though honestly I have 4 maxed ninjas and Cobalt is the only one I don’t use, but because I have both blue ninjas and Zircon fits me better, what with deluge of dispellers and defense downers.

1 Like

The only point of attention is that Sobek special bypass counters but his passive don’t

Cobalt hasn’t this issue.

But all in all Sobek is superior

2 Likes

Who pairs well with cobalt besides other ninjas? I want to get to charge three, but how is his attack on charge 2 with like c1 Kiril?

If you have Sobek, cobalt is really great at just his 2nd charge as it usually means he can hit at the same time as Sobek which means s massive damage to 3 and potentially taking out 3. Both are great when facing counterattacks together.

1 Like

kiril, athena, frida, Alasie c, adlinda, tethys, Richard… etc.

many blues work well with him