🏯 Shale - 4* Fire / Red from Ninja Tower

New Ninja Tower hero is released: Shale

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Shale, as well as your thoughts on him.

Shale

Rarity Element Class
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:fire:
Fire/Red
Wizard
Mana Speed Attack Defense Health
C
Charge
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
Origin Family
Ninja Tower Ninja
:dizzy: Special Skill: Channel Ki
    • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana:

• 1x Mana Charge:
      • The caster regenerates 411 HP over 3 turns.
      • Cleanses status ailments from the caster.

• 2x Mana Charge:
      • The caster and nearby allies regenerate 549 HP over 3 turns.
      • Cleanses status ailments from the caster and nearby allies.

• 3x Mana Charge:
      • All allies regenerate 714 HP over 3 turns.
      • Cleanses status ailments from all allies.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Ninja Heroes have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Ninja Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 5% / 10% chance to dodge normal attacks and Special Skills
  • 5% / 10% chance to counterattack with 60% / 90%< of the damage recieved

The two effects have individual sequential procecing. So one may not trigger while the other might.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Shale from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Ninja Tower Heroes (Epic & Legendary) [Part of The Beta Beat V32]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Shale ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Shale.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Shale and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Shale worth summoning for?

• Would you use Shale on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Shale ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Shale as an opponent?

• Would you give Shale Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Shale’s character design?

• If you Summoned Shale and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Shale, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Shale when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Shale, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Shale (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Shale), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Epic Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 17.5% chance of summoning Shale.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 69 times out of 100, you’ll get Shale by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Shale by pull 156 (46,800 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Shale by pull 240 (62,400 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 31 out of every 100 people won’t get Shale by the 20th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::zero: times, 309,196 of those players wouldn’t get Shale
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Shale by the 156th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :one::five::zero: times, 56,280 of those players wouldn’t get Shale
  • 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Shale by the 240th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::four::zero: times, 10,013 of those players wouldn’t get Shale

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Original Discussion topic on old Ninja heroes:

Round 1 Ninja Hero topics:

Round 2 Ninja Hero topics:

Round 3 Ninja Hero topics:

Beta Information:

Feedback Poll - Shale (post release)

:question: Is Shale worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Shale would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Shale’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer (Over Time)
  • Cleanser

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Shale compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Shale’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Shale worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Shale is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Shale is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

Pulled this my first ninja :blush: … well it ain’t… gonna get leveled in a hurry maybe not at all.
If anyone finds a use for him please let me know.

I wasted mats on him. He’s useless at all. He can be used maybe for farming or tournaments.

1 Like

I really don’t know, but the question “How do you think Shale is best used?” have only 4 voters. Probably more will vote if there an option “no use at all” :woman_shrugging:

I ate mine, no regret, still hoping for Ametrine to come :joy:

1 Like

Extremely useful in the Magic tower based on her class.

1 Like

Levelled him up long ago when I got him, hoping for a decent red healer… Well he ain’t that. Tough to say what he’s meant to be. An unloved child of SG, sick dream of someone who thought they design a well balanced hero while they designed an abomination. Needless to say I stopped using him shortly after that. Probably should have eaten him but there’s still hope in me he’ll get his fix when someone competent looks at him.

Poor guy, he doesn’t really need all that much to become useful, just make his effect apply to all allies regardless of charge… Healing over time isn’t anything special after all, he’d still be rather mediocre with cleanse being his only advantage over the old Boldtusk… Nope, it would take 5 minutes of work of a developer to fix this but SG politely refuses.

2 Likes

Just let him heal all team at every level of charge. That’s it. They don’t even need to change anything else. Gimmicky cleansy and healing level can stay.

1 Like

I think in 4* RT he may have some use with Ametrine and Sapphire. That family bonus is nasty. That way he may be useful tank. But yes, unlike Ametrine and Sapphire he’s more niche. Would be much more useful if he would copy Quartz’ skill pattern.

I fed 2 copies of him, keeping none.

He is not useless, he has a use. However, his execution of that use is so inferior to the closest counterpart C Rigard that as it stands he is not worth using. If you desperately need a cleansing healer specifically in red (e.g. for cleansing adjacent Noor so she can use her special against Bera) then he can be utilised, sub-optimally.

1 Like

Of course this is who I pull with my single coin pull, lol. On the other hand, it could just as well have been another Prisca or Dawa, so I’ll take it. He’ll get my feeders from playing map stage.

1 Like