🏯 Ametrine - 4* Dark / Purple from Ninja Tower

New Ninja Tower hero is released: Ametrine

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Ametrine, as well as your thoughts on him.

Ametrine

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Barbarian
C
Charge
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 778 609 1378
4/80 902 706 1598
Origin Family
Ninja Tower Ninja
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Blur of Steel
    • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana:

• 1x Mana Charge:
      • Dispels buffs from the target.
      • Deals 220% damage to the target.

• 2x Mana Charge:
      • Dispels buffs from the target and nearby enemies.
      • Deals 255% damage to the target and nearby enemies.

• 3x Mana Charge:
      • Dispels buffs from all enemies.
      • Deals 300% damage to all enemies.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Ninja Heroes have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Ninja Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 5% / 10% chance to dodge normal attacks and Special Skills
  • 5% / 10% chance to counterattack with 60% / 90%< of the damage recieved

The two effects have individual sequential procecing. So one may not trigger while the other might.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Ametrine from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Ninja Tower Heroes (Epic & Legendary) [Part of The Beta Beat V32]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Ametrine ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Ametrine.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Ametrine and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Ametrine worth summoning for?

• Would you use Ametrine on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Ametrine ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Ametrine as an opponent?

• Would you give Ametrine Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Ametrine’s character design?

• If you Summoned Ametrine and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Ametrine, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Ametrine when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Ametrine, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Ametrine (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Ametrine), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Epic Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 17.5% chance of summoning Ametrine.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 69 times out of 100, you’ll get Ametrine by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Ametrine by pull 156 (46,800 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Ametrine by pull 240 (62,400 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 31 out of every 100 people won’t get Ametrine by the 20th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::zero: times, 309,196 of those players wouldn’t get Ametrine
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Ametrine by the 156th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :one::five::zero: times, 56,280 of those players wouldn’t get Ametrine
  • 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Ametrine by the 240th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::four::zero: times, 10,013 of those players wouldn’t get Ametrine

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Original Discussion topic on old Ninja heroes:

Round 1 Ninja Hero topics:

Round 2 Ninja Hero topics:

Round 3 Ninja Hero topics:

Beta Information:

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Ametrine (post release)

:question: Is Ametrine worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Ametrine would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Ametrine’s Primary Purpose is?

• Dispeller
  • Damage Dealer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Ametrine compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Ametrine’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Ametrine worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Ametrine is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Ametrine is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options
1 Like

Thank you for setting this up @PlayForFun

Ametrine is one of the elite 4* heroes, have two copies at +20 and she delivers. The dispel before damage is key. When she was released Kage was the only other one with that, now there are several more but it remains a a hugely useful ability.

Excellent stats, does real damage and can survive a bit. One to wish for if you don’t have her. She ought to age well because her special is so good even in these days of new mega heroes.

8 Likes

Yeah, I don’t use her as much now since my Dark team is stacked, but I love how she just laughs at Krampus/BK’s taunt or Sif’s riposte and hits multiple targets before dispelling at 2nd and 3rd charge.

2 Likes

She was useful back when BK was the tank of choice.

Pulled her :sunglasses: What emblem path yah take.

This is what i did with her

1 Like

I did att>def>hp
20 emblems gets her to 827 attack

3 Likes

One was all out attack, she has been stripped of emblems (temporarily) so those can be used by a shiny new 5* Barbarian.

The remaining Ametrine is Def/HP

Leaving her like this:

I expect that she will be limit broken once I have the materials. I chose to keep her in this version because I want her to live longer and value her debuff more highly than her pure damage. Her damage is decent but she facilitates bringing several other AoE hitters that do the actual finishing and for that she needs to live.

IF I were only using her in 4* arenas I would have chosen the attack path version but vs. emblemed and Limit Broken 5* she simply needs to live.
In a 4* universe she is a killer, in 5* she is a support hero in my view.

10 Likes

Does anyone have a full attack path talent + LB Ametrine AND a purple elemental def down hero (panther, sergei)?

I would like to see her exact hit on second charge (9tile) against a full talent and LBd defense, supported by the elemental def down.

I have LB Ametrine but DEF/HP….just working on Sergei,…max now and it is going +20 LB DEF/HP…

@Jronny here you go…

I tried my emblem path which was a bit of both. I wanted her to have better hits but also more health and def so split it pretty evenly ignoring the mana recharge and healing 2% more paths.

She was MVP in one of my raid tourney flags today - her 3x charge killed off Griffin, Cilian and Aodhan. With only Gormek left from the enemy, I won easily - everyone on my side had less than half health and Lancelot was dead. Go go Ametrine!

4 Likes

I pulled her just now so I’m wondering since there is no info in the initial post…

What do you think is Ametrine worth Limit Breaking ?

• YES
  • NO

0 voters

If you would emblem Ametrine then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

I am interested to see the results too. I suspect it may be roster dependent.

I limit broke mine as she was my best dispeller (and dispels before hitting). But if you have another good purple dispeller (e.g. cSeshat, Ana-Belle, cSabina, Onyx etc.) she may not see much play.

I’ve since replaced her with Ana-Belle in my purple stack. But I’ve also pulled Amethyst today and am interested to see how a 5-tile combo with Sergei, Ametrine (to knock out taunt) and Amethyst works together.

Her LB stats (sword path) are 891-681-1505.

2 Likes

I recommend the sword path!

Let me know what you think of the video.

3 Likes

She’s one of few dispel-first damage-later (or immediately after) heroes so she’s still worth a lot. Even if you have Kage, Louhi and what have you. I like to use her during events too when I run purple mono.

About limit break, no wrong path but depends what you want to use her for. I went with most damage and Glass Cannon build, but if you want her for dispel then more HP and def can’t hurt. If you have Sapphire that dodge can extend her survivability somewhat.

5 Likes

Does anyone have her stats with double aethers

In the OP you can see how her properties look at 4/90 but without any emblems.

1 Like