🎅 Peppermint -- 5* Dark / Purple from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

New Santa’s Challenge (Christmas) Hero is released: Peppermint

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Peppermint, as well as your thoughts on Peppermint.

Peppermint

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Sorcerer
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 888 901 1573
4/90 1016 1031 1800
Origin Family
Santa’s Challenge Winter
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Putrid Perfume
  • Deals 250% damage to all enemies.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All enemies receive 280 Poison damage, and an increase of 16 damage per each Dark shield on the board over 4 turns up to 408 damage.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Christmas (Winter) Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Winter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 heroes:

• +2% / +3% health for Minions
  • +5% / +10% attack for Minions

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2023 (Big Balance Update)

November 2023 (2nd Balance update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Peppermint from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Santa's Challenge Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Peppermint ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Peppermint.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Peppermint and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Peppermint worth summoning for?

• Would you use Peppermint on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Peppermint ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Peppermint as an opponent?

• Would you give Peppermint Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Peppermint’s character design?

• If you Summoned Peppermint and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Peppermint, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Peppermint when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Peppermint, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Peppermint (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Peppermint), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Peppermint (post release)

:question: Is Peppermint worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Peppermint would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Peppermint’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Minion Summoner
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Peppermint compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Peppermint’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Peppermint’s Base Stats?

Note this means Peppermint’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Peppermint worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Peppermint is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Peppermint is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Peppermint worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Peppermint then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

a dark sorcerer in the Christmas event? Now I really hate this game

3 Likes

I like peppermint and also butterscotch :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Is the card really underwhelming. I saw Tinsel, that card is a keeper. but somehow this card feels pretty ordinary.

2 Likes

he is weak, nothing changed from the beta dispite the feedback saying he is underwhelming

1 Like

whee!!! another purple poisoner!! to stack on top of the other poison DoT heroes that I have. Does the damage increase if you have Karnov’s special activating the tile?

They are ok, but definitely not to the level of the latest very strong heroes. I am in doubt if I should max them or not, although I do need dark heroes.

It’s funny though how nobody jumps to defend Peppermint like they did with Fortuna :slight_smile:

There has to be a dud in every portal. Peppermint is the dud

And they are all coming to me :smiley:

I knew he was below pair as i pulled him from the coins. I have a thing for poor dumps from every portal.

2 Likes

I was [un]lucky enough pull him. Not impressed.

2 Likes

I got Peppermint too. Instead of complaining about pulling a 5 star, I am trying to think how can he fit in my roster. I have C Krampus and Pengi. Now I am comparing Pepper with Bera for the tank position. His minion is weaker but he deals more damage along with similar poison DOT. His status is much better than Bera and he probably can deal 500-600 direct damage even with mediocre 250% AOE. Plus, he gains family bonus for their minions. After all that analysis, I would like to hear the feedback from you. Do you think that he is better than Bera for the tank position along with C Krampus and Pengi?[poll type=regular results=always chartType=bar]

• Bera tank with Krampus/Pengi
  • Peppermint tank with Krampus/Pengi
    [/poll]
2 Likes

I replied to your other post. This card would be obsolete even in 2020. His stats are just ok and with emblems and LB can make it better. The attack may just tickle slightly higher than what Grimble does. 300 to 450 max

Bera gives constant poison, she cuts mana on death. Her minions are beefy. She is fast. And the enemy doesn’t have a minion counter and cleanser on time, her friends can be setup for tge kill shot pretty fast.

1 Like

C. Panther is older and does much more at fast

Ogima too

This is a mokkar + minion summoning.

For small decks like mine it fits but the hero power unbalance is unbelievable.

1 Like

Peppermint needs a huge buff at his birth. 300% damage to all is the minimal and hopefully passive bonus can be added to winter family too.

2 Likes

This seems to be the stocking filler hero for this Christmas. A boring hero and outdated at day 1. Guess SG are trying real hard to avoid last years “pengi/ c krampus” debacle… only positive thing to say about peppermint is she will not be nerfed!

2 Likes

Your poll is not working due to not having a space before the code for it.

Otherwise, I also would go with Bera more, I think. Its minions are too frail and will get killed easily. I was also considering her as a new tank (I have problems find a suitable one after the Xno nerf), but I still haven’t found something to convince me to max her. And she is too “average” to deserve aethers and for tank you need the extra brought by the aethers, otherwise she will just have smaller stats than limit broken older heroes.

2 Likes

Bera. Her big benefit at tank is that mana cut on death. So even if get the tiles to take her out early you’re still not charged up to immediately damage the rest of the team.

Yes, I realize that. I actually started a new poll just for that. It seems that Bera has a huge lead right now.

1 Like