📯 Odin – New Season 3 Hero – 5* Holy/ Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Releasing: Odin!

Odin

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Paladin
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Midgard
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Fury of Grimnir
  • Deals 100% damage to all enemies
  • Deals additional 18% damage per each Holy shield on the board, up to 244% damage in total
  • All allies get +8% mana generation, and a further 2% increase per each Holy shield on the board for 3 turns, up to +28% mana generation.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jan 2021

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Odin from the last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Odin?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Odin.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Odin and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Odin worth summoning for?

• Would you use Odin on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Odin?

• What heroes would you take when facing Odin as an opponent?

• Would you give Odin Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Odin’s special?

• What do you think of Odin’s character design?

• If you Summoned Odin and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Odin, and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Odin when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Odin, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Odin (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Odin), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Featured Legendary Hero?
Below odds are current as of June 30, 2020. Odds will change as additional S3 5* heroes are added to the “non-featured” hero pool.

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.43% chance of summoning Odin.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 13 times out of 100, you’ll get Odin by pull 100
  • 51 times out of 100, you’ll get Odin by pull 500
  • 76 times out of 100, you’ll get Odin by pull 1500
  • 89 times out of 100, you’ll get Odin by pull 1500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Odin by pull 2073
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Odin by pull 3186

Putting that in Perspective

Gems cost $99.99 US for 10,000. A 30x Summons costs $83.99 US.

• 87 out of every 100 people won’t get Odin by the 100th pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $281.97 USD to summon 100 times, 870,000 of those players wouldn’t get Odin.

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Odin by the 2073rd pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $5,805.92 USD to summon 2073 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Odin.

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Odin (post release)

:question: Is Odin worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Yes, but only when the Featured Hero
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Odin would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Odin’s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer
  • Support/ Secondary Damage Dealer
  • Mana Generation Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Odin compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Odin’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Odin worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Odin is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Odin is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

He is gonna be crazy good. I see him being better than Thor and Loki both.

6 Likes

Odin is on par with Frigg. Crazy. :exploding_head:

We will see holy tanks again.

8 Likes

Just pulled him. With a single coins pull!

He’s been nerfed a bit since beta, but still looks good.

He’s a paladin so I’m thinking he’d make an acceptable tank.

Screenshot_20201126-075739_Empires

11 Likes

Oh! Of course, mine is only 1/8. Maybe he hasn’t been nerfed. We’ll see at 8/8

20 facepalms

4 Likes

That would be nice, but yellow tanks are tough to field due to purple being heavy in the dispel department. I pulled Mica at the ninja event and thought to use him at tank but yellow tanks just seem to be at a big disadvantage due to purple heroes out there so I put that idea aside.

That being said I think Odin is a GREAT hero overall.

3 Likes

He should be an excellent flank also. Imagine Frigg - BK - Odin in the middle. Wouldn’t put him beside a dark tank though obviously.

4 Likes

No changes from beta. Op updated :slight_smile:

Could you take a screenshot of a whole hero artwork? In the portal I’ve seen a beautiful wolf lying at his feet.

1 Like

managed to get lady loki with 50 pulls - i guess it’s not terrible :slight_smile: could be worse

1 Like

I am not overly impressed with him.

Damage has potential but making it dependent on the board leaves it unreliable; as a mono or 4-1 player I want heroes special to make up for the bad boards, and not win me games which I would win anyways with the on-color shields. AoE hitters are also by default less desired than strong single target hitters; why hurt all and let them fire if you could take one down or significantly cripple most dangerous targets.

Which leads me to the second point - yes, mana buff is always a good thing, especially if you can turn around Telly’s debuff at a fast speed. But it’s again helping to win the matches that are likely already won. For hitters, I value debuffs more than buffs. For supports, I don’t mind lack of hit if the buff/utility is significant. He falls somewhere in between. When the buff was undispellable in beta, it seemed he would make a solid support for few scenarios. Now when it’s just a normal buff and dependent on the board again, I don’t quite buy it.

He’s not a useless hero but not strong enough to replace a hitter in my team and not supportive enough to replace a support in my team. Greedy for quite valuable class emblems. Worth considering as a tank? Well, stats are not very tanky but god speed for those trying. Good hero for emerging benches for sure. Worth chasing? I don’t know, I’m kinda waiting for Thor.

7 Likes

Think he’s more for raid offence to support slow mana heroes, he’s shaky on defence though. But the support for slower heroes is much appreciated even on defence

1 Like

When I raid purple tanks I take 4 yellows + Ariel with me, and one of my yellows is Guardian Owl.

Ariels mana buff does help of course, but it does not change Owl to charge every second move; in reality it makes him charge with 5-8 tiles instead of 6-9 tiles - given that in real life use after a mana buffer fires some heroes already do have some mana, some tiles can already ghost etc. It isn’t as big of a change as it seems on paper. It can make all the difference in one match out of couple, but same can be said about many other skills.

2 Likes

The max Odin buffs is 29% though. So he might stand out a little bit more from the rest of the mana buffers. But I agree Ariel has more ultility than Odin

Well my point here is if I am playing with a strong yellow squad and there’s 7+ yellow tiles on the board after I already had 7 yellow tiles (which is how many you need to charge Odin… and all the other fast and very fast yellows you took with you) then I don’t think I need to care about the mana buff all that much - I already dance on their graves.

2 Likes

I do like the wolf, that’s my favorite part of the art :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Tried to get him with a 30 pull … and … not one 5* star hero appears
But I did receive 6 x By-ulf

18 Likes

Story of my life. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

And now I want him so bad… Just because of this wolf…
But I pulled Berden instead. :woman_facepalming: