📯 Odin – New Season 3 Hero – 5* Holy/ Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Odin and Ariel buff should stack right? Since they are different in how they are applied?

Talking about mana regen ofc :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t have thought so as they are both mana gen buff. Frigg and other Def down don’t stack so I assume this won’t either but don’t have him to confirm…

Was really looking forward to him and pulled him already. Like Frigg, has a great opportunity to really punish leaving his color tiles on the board

1 Like

I don’t think so. Are both mana generation boost and I believe one overwrites the other.

Tested it out just to confirm. No they do not stack. The mana generation gets overwritten.

2 Likes

No, they’re the same buff. Just different %.

They don’t stack.

4 Likes

Shame… Here goes my idea of undying team setup where slow heroes get to be fast :stuck_out_tongue:

Mother north, Ariel, Odin, Ursena, Alberich

Weak finishing power, but we arent going anywhere :smiley:

3 Likes

Finally we got a male Valhalla hero. The past five months have all been female

2 Likes

He may not suit your playing style or needs, but he is a lot like Frigg, who has shown herself to be an excellent hero. I’d love to have him for a raid team.

7 Likes

Frigg- hyper offense hero
Odin- hyper support hero

The problem with Odin on Def is that the mana gen is unreliable. He’ll keep firing and the mana gen will keep rewriting. A powerhouse on offence but Def is not as desired.
Still a really good hero though and would really love to pull him for the support he gives

4 Likes

I will add to my prior post that he is not ideal in a stack. In a stack, you’ll use all matches to do damage and charge your heroes. When he fires, the boards will be worse on average tgan if you take him off color.

Does that equate to crazy good? I don’t see either of those heroes as particularly good. I’m really hoping that someone here can convince me of his power, because I’m itching to pull, but I just don’t see it. His mana buff doesn’t seem to last long enough to dependably bring you across any of the important mana break points, nor is it large enough to make a difference if you can only make one match in the desired color before it wears off. Seems like a pretty solid flank to a Clarissa or Ursena tank though.

3 Likes

Well, I don’t think so. With a purple tank, your opponent will stack yellow, use yellow tiles and won’t leave them on the board. So when Odin will be ready to cast his special, he won’t make a lot of damages/buff.

2 Likes

Ursena and Clarissa both already have significant bonus damage vs Yellow. If you stack yellow against them you’re either going to kill them before they fire or you flat out lose. Pretty dicey gamble, and I don’t see encouraging people to take that gamble as a particularly bad bet.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Got him from a single pull

Is he good enough to use in a defense team? My team runs ursena as tank and joon in the wing. Both full emblemed

8 Likes

I think he’ll be a solid flank instead of Joon at wing

3 Likes

This is a fallacy. I have both Frigg and Ratatoskr and when they are ready to fire, often times are there a ton of green shields left on the board.

2 Likes

Odin is a amazing hero. I really would like to get one.

1 Like