📯 Costumed Odin – New Season 3 Costume – 5* Holy/ Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 costume is released: Costumed Odin

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Odin, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Odin.

Costumed Odin

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Fighter
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 3 Midgard
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Rage of Grimnir
  • Deals 90% damage to all enemies.
  • Deals additional 25% damage per each Holy shield on the board, up to 290% damage in total.
  • All allies get +8% mana generation and a further 3% increase per each Holy shield on the board for 3 turns, up to +38% mana generation.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack decreased to 784 from 800.
  • Defense is increased to 802 from 788.
  • Health is increased to 1475 from 1463.
  • Deals 90% damage to all enemies, which can go with 25% / holy shileds up to 290% instead of flat 225% damage.
  • Instead of giving 24% mana generation ailment to enemies, which can go up with 4% per Holy shileds up to 64% now gives 8% mana generation buff to allies, which can go up with 3% per Holy shileds up to +38%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Odin ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Odin.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Odin and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Odin worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Odin on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Odin ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Odin as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Odin Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Odin’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Odin and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Odin, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Odin when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Odin, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Odin (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Odin), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Odin (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Odin worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Odin would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Odin’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Mana Generation Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Odin compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Odin’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Odin’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Odin’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Odin is better ?

• Normal Odin
  • Costumed Odin

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Odin worth giving Paladin Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Odin is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Odin is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Odin worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Odin then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

3 Likes

Well, he looks drastically different from beta. Now he is just Odin with bigger numbers. Major disappointment. Not at all worth summoning for.

12 Likes

The same joke as Frigg lol

12 Likes

Cursed Odin and 20 characters!

Wtg, lazy devs, just a straight up buff $$$$

They changed it. Not worth summoning at all.

1 Like

Lol was just about to say the same thing rofl

Although still my favorite character from the past the costume makeover is far below than what I would expect from a new costume. :sob: So I agree it’s not worth it!!!

2 Likes

I believe he will be top META hero as it is :slight_smile: WATCH!

Shame my leftover tokens werent able to snatch him.
Fighter talent is huge on this boy, he can go tank and bust you open quick while buffing allies extensively.

You wont go yellow vs yellow tank :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was possible to vote in the poll before the hero was released, based on beta information. Looking at votes, most of them as of now were made on the basis of beta information, and not the final hero in the game. I know that it is possible to change the vote, but how many would do that? @PlayForFun perhaps it would be better to wait with the polls until the hero is released. Recently there are numerous changes between beta and game, so if people vote on beta basis, the polls can be misleading.

7 Likes

I believe this is no longer correct now that Costume Odin has been released live drastically different than this?

4 Likes

Clearly votes were based on Beta stats and specials, to which is no longer relevant. Require some reset on this thread with regards to what has just been released.

4 Likes

big downgrade
i never had odin and this costume doesn’t interest me now

i think the votes need to be reset as it is misleading now and SG will think he is good.

The idea if same colour tile dependency is a failure on attack

5 Likes

The revision on Odin costume is a joke lol. Same as Frigg costume. Terrible move by SG.

3 Likes

I think this is the best Odin i’ve ever seen. Current one is on bench. I’m not pulling till Heim gets featured. Hé! He’s better than the fish!

1 Like

Straight up paid hero buff. What a joke. My Odin has been benched for some time now, and what, the devs expect people to pay to bring him up to speed?

3 Likes

A cOdin that made him variable-speed is one thing. But… spending in order to very slightly increase his numbers — depending on the tiles on the board — and change him to Fighter? (Possibly at the expense of having to re-path his emblems?)

It doesn’t help that cOdin’s art is… while not a cFrigg debacle, still IMO a downgrade from how awesome he looks in original form

5 Likes

I have the following question:
If Odin before the final release had a beta ability, people had received it with joy and in the survey you could see clearly how they saw it as a step up from other costumes… Why has Zynga considered turn him into an UNTESTED hero like they already did a few months ago with Frigg’s costume?

I’m sorry but I can’t understand it. Can someone explain it to me in a reasoned way? :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

Yes, it is now completely different.
I have updated the OP with the changes.

I have also reset the “primary purpose” poll too, and replaced the mana generation debuffer to buffer.

2 Likes