📯 Costumed Sif – Season 3 Costume – 5* Holy / Yellow Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 costume is released: Costumed Sif

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Sif, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Sif

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Cleric
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 3 Midgard
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Golden Strings
  • Increases the mana of the caster and nearby allies by 15%.
  • The caster and nearby allies counterattack with 125% of the damage received for 4 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies reduce all received damage by 40% for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Sif from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 1 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v49]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Sif ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Sif.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Sif and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Sif worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Sif on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Sif ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Sif as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Sif Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Sif’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Sif and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Sif, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Sif when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Sif, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Sif (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Sif), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Sif (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Sif worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Sif would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Sif’s Primary Purpose is?

• Mana Increaser
  • Riposte
  • Received Damage Reducer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Sif compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Sif’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Sif’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Sif is better ?

• Normal Sif
  • Costumed Sif

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Sif worth giving Rogue Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Sif is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Sif is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Sif worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Sif then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

A new yellow tank meta? Liked her before in double formation, now you could even bring here Xnol like in standard formation.

1 Like

Imo she still loses out as tank because she doesn’t have recovery like xnol. Xnolphod doesn’t have a lot of checks while sif has some already.

Is she better then Xnol? Don’t think so, she just effects her neighbours and gives 5% less mana then xnol who effects all. Furthermore, purple is the strongest colour when it comes to dispel.
Way too many counters to rely on her.

C-Sabina, Ametrine, Onyx, Seshat, Kageburrito, Domitia, Panther, Diaochan just to name a few.

just tried for her, 60 pulls and just one HOTM to show for it…not sure she’s worth more than that so I’ll call it quits now

I think on offense she’s going to be a powerhouse. When I see a team of just all nasty hitters, especially w xnol as tank, I take Azmia and/or ferant and let them kill themselves. I would love to have her for raids/war. On defense she’s going to be meh. I personally think she’s worth more pills but it depends partially on how you play the game.

Although it is a valid strategy, you need 9 Tiles before Xnol goes off and in this case you would be able to win anyway in the majority of cases. I am a big fan of riposte but the tile requirement makes it less reliable then any 7 tile sniper-kombo.

I was just wondering is Sif could charge in less tiles: costume bonus 5%, mana node 2%, troops x %…

1 Like

She can charge in 8 tiles with 19% managen, which is the biggest improvement i think.

What about: costume 5%, maná node 2%, zabhog 5%, magic troop 20%, I suppose that’s the maximum she could reach.

Not enough sadly, you would need 34% to charge her with 7 tiles

1 Like

Got her :slight_smile:

Now I need to setup double C.Sifs as flanks to middle Xnol and snipers in wings…

Ready for KHUFU to tell him FU.K HU :smiley:

8 Likes

I love her art work. :heart_eyes: Oh, the dream to have a hero like that :pray: :yellow_heart: :star2:

2 Likes

Love her artwork too!

Thats why I was second guessing to pull or not, since I was trying to keep all tokens until Baldur showed up :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think you misunderstood, I like riposte on offense especially if xnol is at tank on the opposing team. If the team goes off it’s done. I have a very fast dark team I could use as well but I prefer not to do that against xnol tanks. For me she’d be a nice addition.

1 Like

No i did get you. I just wanted to mention that you need those 9 tiles before Xnol goes off. So the strategy of riposte is build around the assumption that you will get those tiles. Otherwise its likely that your riposte hero goes off too late.

Its all about math here and riposte heroes are less effective simply because they are slower. This is even more relevant against a speed tank like Xnol.

2 Likes

Ok, I misunderstood, fair enough. But if you are using riposte and don’t get your tiles, it’s no different than using any other strategy because he’s most likely going to fire on a mediocre board anyway. In an ideal situation, I love riposte for heavy hitting teams, I’ll leave it at that. Cheers!

On demand of higher powers, I present you my golden wife

10 Likes

I just got her too congrats!!!

2 Likes