🧪 Early Information on ROUND 4 Legendary Season 3 Heroes (Gefjon, Lord Loki, Odin, Thor) [Part of The Beta Beat V31]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the ROUND 4 Legendary Season 3 Heroes.

For information and discussion on Season 3 please see: 📯 Season 3 (Valhalla) – FAQ & Links

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

ROUND 4 Season 3 Heroes

Gefjon – 5* – :fire: Fire

Click for Beta Information (extremely likely to change)

Gefjon Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*

Attack: 772
Defense: 766
HP: 1258

Class: Ranger
Realm: Muspelheim
Element: Fire :fire: (Red)

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Maiden’s Command

• Steals minions from the target.
  • Deals 500% damage to the target.

Lord Loki – 5* – :snowflake: Ice

Lord Loki Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 774
Defense: 743
HP: 1312

Class: Wizard
Realm: Jotunheim
Element: Ice :snowflake: (Blue)

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Trickster’s Mischief

• Copies target’s Special Skill and uses it as if it was the caster’s own Special Skill.

• If the target does not have a Special Skill, or it can’t be copied, the following Special Skill will be cast:

Villain Swing

• Deals 275% damage to the target.

Odin – 5* – :sun_with_face: Holy

Odin Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 762
Defense: 751
HP: 1330

Class: Paladin
Realm: Midgard
Element: Holy :sun_with_face: (Yellow)

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Fury of Grimnir

• Deals 80% 100% damage to all enemies.
  • Deals additional 22% 18% damage per each Holy shield on the board, up to 256% 244% damage in total.
  • All allies get +8% mana generation, and a further 3% increase per each Holy shield on the board for 3 turns, up to +29% mana generation.
  • All allies are immune to buff dispels for 3 turns.

Thor – 5* – :sun_with_face: Holy

Thor Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 749
Defense: 735
HP: 1394

Class: Fighter
Realm: Midgard
Element: Holy :sun_with_face: (Yellow)

Mana Speed: Very Fast

Special Skill: Power of Mjölnir

• Special Skill has a different effect on consecutive uses, in the following order:

1st:

• Deals 255% 280% damage to the target.
    • The target gets -40% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.

2nd:

• Deals 255% 280% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
    • The target and nearby enemies get -40% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.

3rd:

• Deals 255% 280% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies get -40% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

28 Likes

Thanks, @DaveCozy, for providing this and helping @zephyr1.

7 Likes

Lord Loki
Quick thought: love the idea! Inherently he’ll be “better” against teams with slower heroes
Role: offense. Bad AI could make Loki not great on defense

Do I want Lord Loki: Yes, more so than any HOTM yet to come this year. I see myself using Loki most against teams with slower heroes. I don’t need to copy Gravemaker’s special. I’d much rather copy Boss Wolf’s or Alby’s. I did realize that the more enemies you kill, the less you’ll have available to copy. It opens up so many options on an attack.

Gefjon
Quick thought: minion stealer and finally a fast red sniper (other than Marj)!
Role: Fast sniper. Probably more offense than defense due to AI not targeting minion generators automatically.

Do I want Gefjon: Yes, more so than any HOTM yet to come this year. I can always use more fast snipers. Similar to Lianna, but with the ability steal minions before hitting them. Great new special with a type of red hero we’ve wanted for a while.

Odin
Quick thought: small damage, but a fast mana buffer could be great for a yellow stack with Viv as your hero.
Role: Fast damage, mana buffer

Do I want Odin: Yes more so than any HOTM yet to come this year. I’m going to guess I have 5 tiles on the board after being fully charged. That’s 190% damage to all at fast speed. He’s on par, yet different enough from other fast damage all heroes.

Thor
Quick thought: love the new idea! A very fast hero is always desirable.
Role: Very fast weak sniper and accuracy debuffer

Do I want Thor: Yes more so than any HOTM yet to come this year. The damage to all on the third try will be interesting as there will probably be holes in the enemy formation. He gets stronger as the game gets longer.

All four of these heroes are exciting and powerful. They’re all better than any HOTM we’ll get the rest of this year.

I’m trying to think through who I most want.
Odin is last for me. On attack I’m not a huge fan of mana buffing due to the way it’s a 1 or 0 when you get mana and also small buffs don’t often help (4% elemental link).
Thor and Gefjon are my top 2. Loki is very nice. My worry with Loki is that most teams use fast heroes. So now I have an average hero copying a fast special. I’m just better off having the fast hero. I also often kill the most dangerous hero first, which leaves less valuable specials.

Maybe we all should have listened to everyone that said don’t use coins until we know all of the heroes.

16 Likes

Wow. Just wow. Thor looks insane

Gefjon not too shabby either

5 Likes

Regarding Thor, just in case anyone is wondering:

His skill cycles like so: 1st → 2nd → 3rd → 1st → 2nd → 3rd… and so on. Tapping and holding on his status window tells you what his current range is at.

19 Likes

@Korf had a good point and others I’m sure had the same thought - but will anyone be around to kill by the time he gets to his 3rd special phase?

Lol is it overkill? PVE definitely handy…

On the other hand: Imagine having him in the corner of your defence team. You’ll be dead if you leave him alone

3 Likes

Thor seems broken to me, but I guess his damage is a bit lower than some, and it’s not always AoE, which reduces it. But, still, very powerful.

Loki just looks like fun. Although as you say, situational. But imagine Alfrike on the field… seems like a hard counter.

6 Likes

Forget about bringing a healer. Need healing? Zap Telluria

Need super healing and on verge of death? Zap Raffa

Need a good snipe? Zap Kage…

Pretty versatile

15 Likes

When might this batch be released? Any guesses on timeline?

Loki is very flexible, I want her.

She can be sniper, area hitter or healer as you wish and what ever available on the opponent team.

1 Like

Loki is probably the biggest slap in the face of all very slow heroes - just target Alfrike and enjoy the fireworks lol

15 Likes

When are these heroes expected to go live? :eyes:

Lord Loki
Lord Loki looks like a great hero in my independ opinion.

1. He needs a player with a brain to work. So he will probably get some very bad reviews. He should also not be placed in defence.
  2. His special can be adjusted to the situation. Just image how powerful Rumpelstilzchen would be if you could chose the effects.
  3. He will be devastating against slow mana heroes
  4. He also has an effect during normale waves in quests Unlike unbuffed Margaret or Inari

Only downside:
WHY villian swing!? This need to be corrected as fast as possible! Rename it to mischievous swing or so

10 Likes

I was thinking about aiming her skill to AZLAR in costume.

Welcome to burning hell…hahaha

3 Likes

Since Loki , thor and Odin comes , this is the end of S3 legendary wave . Oh wait what about Ymir?

1 Like

These are all exciting heroes, hopefully they will not be nerfed too much during the beta.

This red sniper… I like it.
tenor (1)

14 Likes

Perhaps Ymir is the Ursena of S3 then? Tho I still haven’t progressed in the S3 story past the end of first province of the latest release lol so not sure where story is at this point in time.

Anyone cluey enough on Valhalla-related mythology to notice any significant figures still missing?

I’m curious how Gefjon works against Telluria since Telluria has innate resistance to minion removal. I’m guessing this hero good against every other minion hero except Telluria :frowning: Or maybe she does because technically it’s minion steal and not removal, yes, I know, it’s a very fine line but clarity would help out.

2 Likes

Could be a distinction between removal and stealing…? Stealing being superior to removal…latter is just destruction? No idea

Kind of like what they did with “removes undispellable effects” for Chameleon which was pretty cheapskate

4 Likes