📯 Costumed Thor – New Season 3 Costume – 5* Holy/ Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 costume is released: Costumed Thor

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Thor, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Thor.

Costumed Thor

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Paladin
VF
Very Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 3 Midgard
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Energy of Mjörnir
  • Special Skill has a different effect on consecutive uses in the following order:
  • 1st:
    • Deals 185% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies get -25% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.
  • 2nd:
    • Deals 260% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies get -35% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.
  • 3rd:
    • Deals 290% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies get -54% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Thor from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Thor ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Thor.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Thor and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Thor worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Thor on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Thor ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Thor as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Thor Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Thor’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Thor and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Thor, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Thor when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Thor, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Thor (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Thor), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Thor (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Thor worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Thor would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Thor’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Accuracy Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Thor compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Thor’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Thor’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Thor’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Thor is better ?

• Normal Thor
  • Costumed Thor

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Thor worth giving Fighter Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Thor is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Thor is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Thor worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Thor then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

3 Likes

I have two maxed +20 Thor’s, would be awesome to get the costume, however I will not over do it in summons :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

My baby creation, come to PAPA! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What the original Thor should have been. This should have been a buff, not a costume

21 Likes

So this guy needs to fire three specials to match the strike of the new ninjas at first charge? LOL.

9 Likes

Yes. Sad, isn’t it ? Zynga should just rework Thor.

4 Likes

Definitely wont be breaking the bank, already have several Drake Dong costumes

1 Like

Doubt I’ll get him, my first summon, Skadi #4 :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:
why do this always happens :laughing: The costume whould have gone nice with my two Thors

4 Likes

Very fast blind all is a very good skill. He will fire definitly earier than all those Khufus and Gosecks. The damage is indeed very low, but Thor is one of these Heroes that I always underestimate… I would welcome him with open arms :smile:

2 Likes

Aaaaaaaaand i got him :heart_eyes: Perhaps I should write about 5 stars more often…

3 Likes

Congrats, I really wanted him as I have two leveled and got Skadi instead, won’t go chasing as that never ends well for me, will try tomorrow’s offer and that’s about it. Unless SG release a super deal which I doubt :upside_down_face:

They put so much thought into this new costume… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s hard to take some of these costumes seriously as we already know the power creep has surpassed what they are releasing for costumes already. They did a nice job with season 1 double costumes and talents as it allowed room for the power surge of new heroes…. But this misses the mark imho.

2 Likes

I think this costume is a joke. 18+ tiles just to see his full potential. Blind can easily be cleansed. Epic fail imo

1 Like

Blind is great against Anne and Khufu and the blind to all very much improved. For that reason alone he is potentially worth emblems. VF is often needed as fast is often too slow in this meta. Sure blind can be cleansed, but at VF, he can just keep reapplying.

1 Like

This hero is still trash. 12-tiles to hit all with weak damage. Too slow.

1 Like

Tor is controversial character… it is very good that he damages to all and it is mean to earn totaly more hitpoint… more useful in bloody tournaments and attacks in war… but now with paladin ability we have defender who (with promotion to life and protection) can spoil the opponent’s attack…Make your choice what to do…

Pair him with Bastet = Win :medal_sports:

2 Likes

Anyway all heroes of yellow cards are in rather high demand in the war