đŸ”” [Oct 16, 2019] Trials of Shadows Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It seems like everyone’s getting the reset token. I already had more than I needed, actually (3-4 times in war chests
)

1 Like

@zephyr1 - would it be worthwhile to update the thread title to indicate a reset token is available for completing this trial, like we do with the thread for the recruits II quest?

1 Like

I don’t do the recruit qeust if I already know that there is no token.
The trials on the other hand are always worth completing for the emblems, so I don’t see the point in knowing beforehand wether they have a reset token or not.

4 Likes

Historically trials involving rogues and sorcerers have been problematic for me as I have very few of either leveled up. Last time my team seems to have been:

However, this time around it was time to swap in some new additions.

Quite the upgrade. These heroes don’t synergize well with one another, but Lady is so OP she makes any trial where I can bring her a joke.

9 Likes

My team last time.

My team this time. I rotated Jackal in so that he could earn his last emblems. I brought Musashi in to take advantage of Jackal’s debuff.

• On the bench: Scarlett, Tony Danza, Jackal #2, Mitsuko, Nat 3.70, Ameonna

Without Scarlett in the lineup, I brought bombs to help keep Jackal alive. I had no issue getting to the bosses, and focused on Dom. She evaded a few specials, which was annoying. Marjana’s burn finished her.

I had no issues dropping Scarlett and Skittles. Emblems to Mitsuko and Jackal, trainer to Alberich.

Jackal in his max attack glory.

8 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The last few times have been very easy, so I decided to swap in Danzaburo for fun, since I don’t have a lot of occasion to use him.

The Battle

Danza fit in nicely for more tile damage, and he threw swords and bottle multiple times, and only froze a couple times, so that was fun.

I used 5 Antidotes to keep the attack debuffs from slowing me down, but otherwise only needed 1 Healing Potion when Sabina was getting picked on a lot.

So still definitely an easy time.

Shiny New Emblems

Jackal will step up once to +16, though I’m saving Iron for a building upgrade at the moment, so that’ll wait a bit.

Ameonna is 4 Emblems short of stepping up to +4.

Snack for Later

King Arthur will eat the Trainer Hero, but he’s currently at 3-69, so I have to wait until after ascending him later today to get the full XP from the Trainer Hero.

11 Likes

Still using the same team as before but I will make a change probably for next one as I got Peters from the Pirates event. He just hit 3.1 so should be max by then. This time I went with Scarlett, Kelile, Mitsuko, Domitia, Sabina(3.4x). Goes pretty smooth and didn’t need any items like nukes.

Wonder why we get a blue hero though since there is not a single blue monster or hero in the whole trial.

4 Likes

My team last time:

My team this time:

Just a bit stronger. I’m in the same boat having an unleveled Sabina like @expired. As soon as I can, she’s getting leveled up. I have Peters and Ameonna to combat the attack debuffs. The team being a little stronger definitely helped. I used arrows, mana pots, healing pots, and a bear banner. Skittleskull was the first one I targeted and the first one to go, Scarlett and Domitia dodged enough specials to stay alive and as I dumped tiles on them they picked my team apart. 75 gems later and then I picked them apart. Scarlett first and Domitia took out Ameonna, Peters, and Quintus before I finally claimed victory. I might be crazy but I’m set on maxing Ameonna’s emblem tree and with Marjana and Alice both being rogues I’m trying to split between the two. The trainer hero will be a part of finishing Valen so I can get to work on Captain of Diamonds/Miki/Thorne.

8 Likes

My team this time:

• Domitia +8
  • Sabina +20
  • Danzaburo 4^70
  • Kelile 4^70
  • Skittleskull 4^70

Compared to last time, Sabina is up 1 talent, and I reset Danza once I maxed Domitia, so Danza is back down to 4^70 while Domitia is up to +8 (from 4^50).

Danza must have forgiven me for taking his emblems, because he showed out in all his Danza-y goodness today. First mob wave - swords. Second mob wave - swords. Third mob wave - swords. It was so ridiculous that I actually entered the boss wave without him charged because he made the mobs too easy!

Per usual, I focused on Skittleskull, who lacks the ability to evade my snipers. I vowed last time that I would bring antidotes to this fight. I remembered that vow about the time I got to the boss waves. Ugh. Anyway, Danza promptly charged and threw bottle, so the early part of this fight was a joke with the bosses hampered by Skittles’ attack down and Danza’s def buff. Right about the time they both ran out, I set off a nasty combo that, unfortunately, charged all the bosses’ mana, and resulted in Kelile dying and me using a crap-ton of healing potions. No worries; another bottle from Danza and attack down from a bomb (the only battle item used), and we keep on truckin’. Killed Boss Skittleskull, and from there, it was just a battle of attrition. Danza threw swords three more times (no snowflakes!), which means the only reason this wasn’t over quicker was that stupid evade talent. Still, Boss Domitia and Boss Scarlett were missing with regularity, so Sabina was sitting over there kinda bored with nothing to do!

Not enough rogue emblems for Domitia to claim another talent. (She just got to +8 with emblems from the previous stages.) Holding sorcerer emblems right now. If I get Skittleskull’s costume early on, I may end up giving the emblems to her. If not, I’m leaning toward ascending Ameonna (3^60) and turning her into a nuclear weapon with her attack stat. Trainer hero goes to Thorne, who gets a nice little tune-up before the Trials of Justice this weekend. He probably won’t be maxed, but he’ll be getting close.

5 Likes

I have finished all the trails since they were released this is the second one that gives reset emblem
The first one was sunday (6th oct) so maybe its a new feature, we will need to wait for the whole trails cycle to finish and repeat it self to know if its random, all (or some) trials give reset emblem, is it a whole cycle, etc

Always check @zephyr1 trials threads usually i finish them within 10-15 mins of release (except the one that comes during challenge event), and if there are any changes or reset emblem is there i will post immediately

5 Likes

This is the second time. Piety (three trials ago) was the last one.

2 Likes

Same team as last time. Changed some troops, as i finally obtained a blue 4*

Fight wasn’t too hard. Board was bad and Scarlet decided to dodge everything i threw at her, so eventually my Scarlet fell.
Skittle died first and then Dom and Scarlet where on the verge of their personal death.

Emblems for Alice
Sorcerer emblems on the bench
Trainer for Miki

8 Likes

This is a weaker trial for me. This time though, I had Guardian Jackal with +9 talents, so that helped. I brought 5 Super Antidotes, 5 axes, 5 bombs, and 2 Dragon Attacks.

My team was:
Sabina: MAXED
Kelile +12
Margaret: 3/55
Jackal +9
Quintus: 4/63

A before photo (first level, last stage):

Just before I won:

The emblems are going into stock, as well as the second reset emblem. The trainer hero was fed to Triton. Much deliciousness.

9 Likes

I didn’t get a screenshot before I started the battle cause I didn’t want to jinx it, but I went in with this unleveled team (I know I need to do better)

Packed 2 timestops, antidotes, healing potions, and axes. And COMPLETE!! The board was definitely on my side and the timestops really helped.

EDIT: I also did better with my troops lol I have a lvl 4 mana red that was in there instead of the lvl 1 crit. and I think they were swapped on Marj and Scar. :woman_shrugging: whatever, I beat it :rofl:

6 Likes

Added my new squeeze Marjana into this Trial at the cost of Scarlett:

I may swap out Quintus next time and put Scarlett back in the mix to take out Skittles quicker. Meh. I brought it down to the wire and used some battle items to help close it out:

Although it makes it interesting when it gets this close, I also wouldn’t mind a “super easy” Trials lol. I’m giving some serious thought now to beefing up Sabina with all my emblems to help with that. If I ever have enough food/iron :rofl:

7 Likes

I have no Rogue or Sorcerers - not upgraded anyway haha.
Peters at 2.44 and Layla maxed.
Then I had Danzabaro or whatever his name is, Gil-Ra and someone else
 none of which had one point spent on them.
I did Stage 1, not sure i i will even try Stage 2 as I have a feeling I might die at the boss if I don’t bom them haha.

A couple of emblems were fine though so no complaints from me

1 Like

Sabina

Antidotes

Danzaburo replaced by Domitia

Old Team:

New Team:

No effect.

10 Healing Potions
10 Antidotes
5 Bomb Attacks

6 Likes

Only Gill-Ra went down, after Skittleskull had been defeated so I had no need to use my Miracle Scroll.

I have Mitsuko as well at level 4.10. Domitia at 3.40. Both still have a ways to go in levels before bringing either.

Though frankly I still find Gill-Ra to be quite useful when heavily emblemed for this class quest: she is my only def- hero allowed, which greatly helps in defeating bosses with match damage.

8 Likes

Sabina +14
Skittles +3
Inari +1
Scarlett +9
Domitia 3/70

I also have Margaret +1, but figured that two greens isn’t very helpful against red mobs + boss Scarlett. Skittles comes along for the handy attack debuff (with both Skittles and Scarlett, I was able to have the attack debuff active all the time).

Sadly, no usable Blues in these classes for me (no way I’m bringing Graymane along).

With Inari’s dodge, Sabina’s heal and the 2 attack debuffers on my team, this wasn’t all that hard. Used a couple dragon attacks to soften the bosses up, and a few mana potions for some timely heals and dodges.

Emblems to Sabina and Scarlett.

4 Likes

Used one 5* titan shield and enjoyed watching the bosses killing themselves. The 3* trainer will go to Miki.

3 Likes