Costumed Rigard (Secondary Costume) - 4* Dark / Purple from Season 1

New Season 1 Secondary Costume is released: Rigard

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Rigard, as well as your thoughts on Rigard.

Rigard

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Monk
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
4/80
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
Origin Family
Season 1 Classic
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, this Hero gets 10% reduction to damage received from status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Transfigure
  • Boosts health of all allies by 410. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • All allies get +40% defense for 3 turns.
  • Cleanses status ailments from all allies.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Classic Family

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Rigard from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 3 of Secondary Season 1 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v54]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Rigard ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Rigard.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Rigard and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Rigard worth summoning for?

• Would you use Rigard on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Rigard ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Rigard as an opponent?

• Would you give Rigard Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Rigard’s character design?

• If you Summoned Rigard and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Rigard, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Rigard when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Rigard, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Rigard (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Rigard), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Rigard (post release)

:question: Is Rigard worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Rigard would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Rigard’s Primary Purpose is?

• HP Booster (Immediate)
  • Defense Buffer
  • Cleanser

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Rigard compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Rigard’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Rigard’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Rigard is better ?

• Normal Rigard
  • Costumed Rigard (Old Costume)
  • Costumed Rigard (Secondary Costume)

0 voters

:question: Is Rigard worth giving Cleric Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Rigard is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Rigard is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Rigard worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Rigard then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

Should have priority cleanse, doesn’t stand out too much

2 Likes

Considering his costume can be obtained only from the Costume Chamber, yes, I totally agree.

1 Like

His health boost is certainly a very welcome addition and his defense buff make him a great support hero. I am very happy I got him

1 Like

Definitely makes it easier for me to build a defence team. My go-to healer+cleanser is currently non-costumed Ariel, but I also would prefer to have Tinsel or Guardian Hippo on my team as well, and with both being blue it’s hard to find positions for them if I bring Ariel. He’s basically costumed Ariel as purple, but with defence buff instead of mana gain, but then again he gets a mana boost for himself from his costumes and the S1 super talent is nothing to scoff at.

3 Likes

Just pulled him today. Extremely happy because of the over heal AND the defense up. I typically bring 2 healers when raiding and would never bring Costume Rigard with Boldtusk because their attack up didn’t work together. This is now ideal for me!!

8 Likes

its Defense Up, not down.

I meant that but my brain and fingers don’t always work together. I’ll edit it, thanks!

1 Like

Sorry, I haven’t leveled too many secondary costumes yet - if I want to LB1 the C2 costume, do I have to level all 3 versions to 4-75 (LB1) to get the full C2 costume bonus?

for each costume that you level, in the case of multiple costumes, the stats will go up. In the case of LB you need to LB the original version first before LB any of the costume and the same apply with the stats, each LB version will increase the stats

1 Like

Thank you @egeovannyam . So you LB the original card and it increases stats (and allows you to LB the costumes). If I LB C2 it increases the stats again. And if I go ahead and LB C1, it will also increase the C2 stats again?

Check the stats for each level of LB base on the costumes on the OP

2 Likes

LBing the first costume won’t do anything to the C2 stats. I have Li Xiu’s 2nd costume double LB. The original is at 4-75 (first level of the double LB, not the last one of the first LB), the 2nd costume is at 4-80 and the first costume is at 4-70 and she gets the maximum benefits of the costumes even without the first LB on the first costume. If you only want to LB Rigard once and use his 2nd costume, LB the original,don’t give that base form any feeders, leave the first costume at 4-70 and focus on the 2nd costume.

3 Likes

You just need to get all 3 versions to 4-70 to get the max costume x2 bonus of 15-15-20-5. Limit break doesn’t affect that.

Here’s my alt’s c2Rigard. He’s at 4-54 while the original and C1 are already at 4-70.

3 Likes

Thanks very much @Liam_K @anon73591153 :100: that’s exactly what I was wondering. I suppose the Cx2 bonus icon should appear too when you’ve hit that full bonus point. Like your 4-54 one still shows the C1 bonus mask.

Yup. It should look like this when all 3 are maxed

3 Likes

Hi all,

Today I got a second costume for Rigard. What is the reason the second costume is better than the first one?

He boosts hp :), first costume is also not the best choise for equalizer wars.

2 Likes

Yes. C2 Rigard is more versatile with Def up, cleanse and boost, it can be use for war defence/attack and even events and tourney too. C1 is more practical for Titans as it provides att up.

3 Likes