🎅 Augustus -- 5* Nature / Green from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

New Santa’s Challenge (Christmas) Hero is released: Augustus

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Augustus, as well as your thoughts on Augustus.

Augustus

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Druid
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 854 912 1633
4/90 977 1043 1869
Origin Family
Santa’s Challenge Winter
Image Aether Power Description
heal-increase Heal Increase At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +50% increase for any healing received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Wishdom of the Gnomes
  • Cleanses status ailments from all allies.
  • Boosts health for all allies by 690. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • Boosts health by additional 30 per each Nature shield on the board, up to 930 boosted health.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All allies get +34% defense and a further 6% increase per each Nature shields on the board for 5 turns, up to +82% defense.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Christmas (Winter) Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Winter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 heroes:

• +2% / +3% health for Minions
  • +5% / +10% attack for Minions

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

November 2023 (2nd Balance update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Augustus from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Santa's Challenge Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Augustus ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Augustus.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Augustus and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Augustus worth summoning for?

• Would you use Augustus on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Augustus ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Augustus as an opponent?

• Would you give Augustus Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Augustus’s character design?

• If you Summoned Augustus and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Augustus, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Augustus when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Augustus, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Augustus (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Augustus), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Augustus (post release)

:question: Is Augustus worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Augustus would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Augustus’s Primary Purpose is?

• Cleanser
  • HP Booster (Immediate)
  • Minion Summoner
  • Defense Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Augustus compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Augustus’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Augustus’s Base Stats?

Note this means Augustus’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Augustus worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Augustus is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Augustus is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Augustus worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Augustus then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

Isn’t Augustus just a green passepartout but with overheal and additional priority cleanse?

But he also has a frog…

4 Likes

I was chasing MN but I ended up with Augustus.

At least he’s a green 5* healer something I’m lacking

The overhealing is very impressive

3 Likes

The only other Augustus of pop culture I can think of, Augustus gloop from Charlie and the chocolate factory

Poor Hypnotoad…
Subjugated to a messy guy w/ Cheerios in his beard! :frog:

1 Like

I’m farming using him at 2/60. I take it back.

He’s an amazing healer even slow. Considering troops and green tiles he has been boosting healing average 900 hp.

And he cleanses first

Not mentioning his amazing defense that usually hits 81%

I’m impressed. He will be on my team for elemental quest

8 Likes

im just playing around hes unleveled at boosts health by 100% this froggy is on fire… i love the art.

2 Likes

I reallly want an Augustus avatar sadly they only make available the same ones that we all have already

4 Likes

Not sure what to think of him. Got him with the 17 EHTs i had saved up. Out of the 17, i got him, Buddy (dupe), Frosty (dupe), and the new gnome dude that has been beat up. There seems to be mixed feelings about him. I don’t have Passe though, so he might work. Being a druid instead of a cleric is a bonus too.

Not sure why there would be mixed feelings about him. He looks to be an amazing support hero, one of the best in the game

8 Likes

I will definitely get him to 3/70 and see how he works out. Hopefully my feelings will change about him. They did about Khufu. I wasn’t happy about him when i got him, but he is one of my favorites. Hopefully Augustus will be up there with him.

1 Like

Augustus is just melendor transformed into a gnome

Just got him. I really like him, but having already 4 5* Nature healers (3 slow), he will have to wait…

I managed to pull him with coins from PoV. I didn’t expect anything from the portal, so I won’t spit on him.
He seems to be a Lidenbrock/Passepartout mix, however Passepartout is average mana and blue while Augustus is slow mana and green. That means Augustus will be ready to fire when not to much green tiles will subsist on the board (while Passepartout requires blue tiles to charge and green ones in order to maximize his special).

I’m quite happy with him, even though I already own Lady of the Lake as my main green healer, Francine-C as cleanser and barely use Mother North as my second green healer.

1 Like

Guess the mixed feelings are because the slow green hero slot has already so many possibilities…
(I know that Arco is Avrage)

6 Likes

Can also add TotoMax to the list hehe.

1 Like

he looks great
i hate that Christmas minions are 7% HP

they all got nerfed before they got released because SG hated krampus costume

1 Like

Can someone do comparison between Max (Toto) and Augustus, pls :pray:
Both are slow green healer. But which one is best and why?

Happy gaming

1 Like