🎅 Ginger -- 5* Nature / Green from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

New Santa’s Challenge (Christmas) Hero is released: Ginger

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Ginger, as well as your thoughts on Ginger.

Ginger

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Ranger
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1032 1007 1753
4/90 1181 1153 2006
Origin Family
Santa’s Challenge Winter
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Hasty Trigger Finger
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
  • For the next 3 turns, this character deals 500% damage to a random enemy each time any other ally casts their Special Skill. [*] (Damage is dealt on the first Special Skill cast of each character per turn.)
  • All allies’ except the caster’s Special Skill deal an additional +20% damage for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Christmas (Winter) Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Winter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 heroes:

• +2% / +3% health for Minions
  • +5% / +10% attack for Minions

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Minion HP is increased from 7% ot 10%.
  • Aether Power is changed from Counterattack to Regen.
  • Damage is increased from 450% to 500%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 Christmas Heroes (Santa's Challenge) [Part of The Beta Beat V62]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Ginger ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Ginger.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Ginger and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Ginger worth summoning for?

• Would you use Ginger on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Ginger ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Ginger as an opponent?

• Would you give Ginger Ranger Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Ginger’s character design?

• If you Summoned Ginger and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Ginger, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Ginger when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Ginger, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Ginger (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Ginger), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Ginger (post release)

:question: Is Ginger worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Ginger would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Ginger’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Summoner
  • Damage Dealer (Conditional)
  • Special Skill Damage Increaser
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Ginger compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Ginger’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Ginger’s Base Stats?

Note this means Ginger’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Ginger worth giving Ranger Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Ginger is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Ginger is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Ginger worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Ginger then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Had 2 eht got ginger, how good is she going to be ?

1 Like

Pretty much like the Hippo, just with stronger hits but only to a random enemy. Hippo deals damage to all, but less. I think she is a solid Hero. Congrats! :+1:

3 Likes

Her hero is updated with the changes.
Polls are now enabled.

Hippo hits all when a special is cast. Darkfeather…when an ally’s special is cast, all allies have a 50% chance of hitting. Ginger hits one random enemy whenever an ally casts their skill. Did I get that correct?

Honestly, she is a decent hero with that unusual skill/buff. Very hard hitting, but I prefer Darkfeather and Hippo. Congrats to those who summoned her! And good luck to those trying.

6 Likes

I am thinking of use Darkfeather, Hippo and Ginger together, with two very fast/fast hero. It sounds a massacre.

6 Likes

But I am sure their buffs will somehow cancel each other’s unless they fire in a specific order. But maybe it will work :smile:

1 Like

On that order. Hippo and Ginger will overwrite Darkfeather’s buff on them.

3 Likes

I have been using Darkfeather and Hippo. If Hippo is unleashed first, Darkfeather will overwrite Hippo. However, if Darkfeather fires first, his buff takes hold, and Hippo won’t overwrite it. So when you do the thing. Hippo’s buff will hit all, then Darkfeather will do its random hits.

I do not know how Ginger will affect this. I’m guessing that you would fire Darkfeather first, then Ginger and Hippo. The problem is that when you fire their specials again, the buffs won’t activate. Seems like it will only go for the other heroes.

Just pulled her. That random hit will be crazy when she is maxed.

Ginger is 1-12 ( special 1-8)
Hippo is 4-90 ( 8 -8)

1 Like

rapid mono they all skill together and then in succession for each hero who skills she starts shots of 1300 and more damage… and she’s still 85… imagine her at 90… I created a really crazy rapid mono with her… .

2 Likes

Thanks. Looks like Ginger and Hippo’s effect will co-exist. Won’t overwrite each other.

Yes, she is more powerful than I thought (probably due to the buff). I just tested in a green stack. Nine tiles and she killed an LB2 Aradia and half- killed an LB2 Gelert. I cast her and 3 other greens. She hit Aradia for 1198, Gelert for 1246, and Aradia again at 1179!

All also at 85 only! I didn’t even need to use her attack buff!

3 tokens and I got Ginger. I think she is not as good as Hippo.
I don’t have Hippo, but I got Darkfeather.
Is that ok to use Ginger and Darkfeather together? or they will overwrite each other?

1 Like

Already tested Ginger and she is fun to use. She hits like a truck albeit randomly.

1 Like

Question - does Ginger increase hippos special to 245% per hit in this case? Same for Darkfeather, would it increase to 290%?

Gingers buff doesn’t seem to increase the damage hippo does

1 Like

Yes, darkfeather will overwrite Gingers buff , and if she fires after him she will overwrite his buff on her. Same as hippo and Darkfeather interaction

They work great together just have to watch when you fire them

1 Like

You can use hathor and Milena fast specials and heal