šŸŽ… Augustus -- 5* Nature / Green from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

@OldCynic do you consider to review Augustus? Please consider Augustus vs Max :pray:

Happy gaming

1 Like

I donā€™t understand why they still design heroes like him. He is close to useless outside of f2p-rosters.

On the one hand they create more and more heroes who push the meta even further towards fast heroes and on the other hand there is Augustus. A slow healer without any contribution to win a batttle.

Even in rush why would you want to use a slot for a hero who does not contribute to winning the battle?

1 Like

Not everyone plays with a 7 or 8 tile insta win team. He is an amazing support/heal hero that will keep your other 4 heroes alive for however long you need to get the other tiles to win the battle. Id love him on my FTP account, and just as much on my PTP account of 4 years - he would instantly make my main raiding team. Even if you are the type of player that doesnā€™t like to use slow heroes in raids then for events, auto farming etc he would just be brilliant

2 Likes

For Wars i only have 12 slots for support heroes and they are primarily offcolor cause my main color is build around a killstack.

I know that you are a pretty smart player and utilise even heroes like noor to some success. However my assumption is more of a general rating and i indeed pointed out that he can be useful on f2p rosters.

How should a slow hero support a team if you have to be able to win the match with 9 tiles at most? You would need to pair him with a fast supporter to ensure that he provides his value to as many heroes as possible. He needs a build around him that allows him to shine which is something i expect to do from a support hero and not the other way around. Furthermore beside survivability he doesnā€™t offer any offensive support either. His usage is limited to one role and you are pretty reliant to a good board even if you play rainbow or 2/1/1/1.

Edit:
He only protects against Khufu but has no answer to Ludwig and has to be lucky to be able to offset Alfrike.

So thatā€™s what i mean with limited usability.

1 Like

I agree, I would use him. The health boost is amazing imho. Someone mentioned Brontes from styx could fire Ahmose in 9 tiles, the same would be true obviously for Augustus. If I remember correctly you take multiple healers into battle. So although they both heal, I donā€™t think it would be redundant. Brontes would bring your health up so the boost is greater. Great and overlooked hero. Slow heroes arenā€™t trash anymore imho, they just need to be used correctly. Cheers!

2 Likes

Itā€™s all personal preferences at this point. Youā€™re arguing with the guy who defends lughaidh since his debut. You play hyper offense, so of course Augustus doesnā€™t fit your play style.
I donā€™t know what limited is by your definition, but priority cleanse is certainly not limited utility. Not a lot of heroes have priority cleanse

1 Like

Yeah indeed that priority clean combined with high overheal is strong but is it strong enough on a slow hero against e.g. double panther ?

How much usability do slow heroes offer if you cannot push them to 9 tiles against the top meta heroes on defense?

At least from my point of view a slow hero must be a gamechanger. Clean + Heal + Def Up does not help you beat the defense, it doesnā€™t increase damage it just keeps alive what is remaining. Furthermore if you got those tiles to charge him how many tiles will there be left on average?

I think he is being hugely underrated. Love him in beta. Once he fires youā€™re golden.

4 Likes

that is still a specific high tiered scenario pertaining to you, youā€™re expecting a fish to climb trees. No hero is perfect and they canā€™t counter everything. Sure, he canā€™t counter MA, but he can absolutely counter el-nadaha and any buff inhibitor with his priority cleanse. I find that youā€™re putting in too much expectations into this hero, focusing on his weakness instead of his strengths

I find it highly annoying that every discussion out there about slow heroes boils down to mana speed and tiles, itā€™s a huge turn off every time I read stuff like this

You are entitled to your own opinions. I too value offense over defence as well and would rather pick a offensive hero over a defensive one. But to just say a hero that is slow and defensive canā€™t be useful in 7/8/9 tiles, doesnā€™t seem right to me.

The only objective argument you made so far is the lack of tiles. Yeah after he charges, how many green tiles would there be for him to maximize his effects. Thatā€™s the weakness for any tile manipulation hero.

3 Likes

Looks like a great hero. Only problem is that he is a slow green healer of which there seems to be legion. If I didnā€™t just finish levelling Costume Heimdal, in addition to MN and Lady of the Lake he would be high on the wish list. If I could reset Costume Mother North I would level this guy ahead of her considering my roster composition. Congrats to all who get him.

3 Likes

Thanks for the hint. Iā€™m trying Brontes between Winifred and Augustus

He can make both fire in 9 tiles

1 Like

Augustus for sure imo. Mn is useful in less scenarios i believe

1 Like

Just reading his special skill should be enough to realize that he has potential in some peoples rosters. Iā€™m a bit more on the defensive side, and if i got him, oooo instant max

3 Likes

I like him. I dont care if heā€™s slow and defensiveā€¦those two things got me through my first 2 years in gameā€¦ my first love was heimdall!!
I would be grateful for the addition of this heroā€¦

6 Likes

Gullinbursti, Vivica, Heimdall and many other healers have slow mana and are overused I thinkā€¦ Iā€™m also working on Azgustus so that he can be at his max as soon as possibleā€¦ Personally, Iā€™m very happy that I got 2x Augustus right awayā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this is awesome. may I know how many charges do Brontes need (1, 2, 3) to make the slow hero become 9 boards to issue skills? Thank you in advance

His second charge at 9 tiles will set off a slow hero assuming you have the right troop equipped to that slow hero.

2 Likes

Hmmā€¦

4 Likes

Just got him and leveled up asap

Iā€™m using him with ana-belle. They both are very useful in a same time

3 Likes

its funny the.above said a slow heros needs to be a game chnagers. With 7 green tiles this heros gives thes team +80% defence and a full overheal. Augustus can give your team 2 lives sounds game changing

4 Likes