📘 New Fables of Grimforest Challenge Event – FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

The New Version of the Fables of Grimforest Challenge Event is live!

The Challenge Event began at 2019-12-04T08:00:00Z (08:00 GMT)

:dizzy: What’s New!

:family_man_woman_girl_boy: New Grimforest Family

Much like Atlantis Heroes, Challenge Event Heroes will now have a Family Bonus when multiple unique heroes are used on the same team.

Grimforest Family Bonus for 2/3/4/5 Heroes:

• +3%/6%/10%/15% attack
  • +5%/10%/15%/20% defense

:woman_superhero: New Heroes/Bosses:

Snow White – 5* – :snowflake: Ice

Puss in Boots – 5* – :fire: Fire

Pixie – 3* – :sun_with_face: Holy

:man_superhero: Returning Heroes/Bosses:

Boss Wolf – 5* – :new_moon_with_face: Dark

Red Hood – 5* – :fire: Fire

Rumpelstiltskin – 5* – :snowflake: Ice

Hansel – 4* – :leaves: Nature

Gretel – 4* – :sun_with_face: Holy

:game_die: Slightly Adjusted Summoning Odds

These are the same that went live previously for Knights of Avalon, Pirates of Corellia, and Riddles of Wonderland.

The Summoning Odds are still very similar to before, with slight adjustments.

Please note that Challenge Event Heroes are amongst the lowest odds of any Hero in the game. Even with a large number of Summons, you are very likely not to get Challenge Event Heroes, particularly 5*.

I highly recommend setting and sticking to a budget for Summoning to avoid overspending and frustration.

APPEARANCE RATES
Rare Classic Hero: 63.1%
Epic Classic Hero: 20.8%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.5%

Rare Event Hero: 7.9%
Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
Legendary Event Hero 1.0%

BONUS DRAW
Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

:orange_circle: New Challenge Coins

Challenge Coins can be received from Challenge Event Rewards, as well as from new “rare enemies” called a Suspicious Chest that appears at random in Challenge Event Stages.

10 Challenge Coins can be used for a free Summon from the Challenge Event Portal.

Challenge Coins appear to be copper colored (more orange than EHT and ETT), and are pentagon shaped with each of the 5 Challenge Event Family symbols on them. They can be saved and used across Challenge Events, they’re not specific to one Event.

The premise of Suspicious Chests is similar to the concept of Orichalcum Seadragons appearing at random during Atlantis Rises and dropping Atlantis Coins, which can then be used for Summons. One difference is that Suspicious Chests only drop a single Challenge Coin — but you only need 10 of them for a Summon, not 100.

In-Game Tooltip Text for Challenge Coins

Used for a free summon at the Event Summon. You need 10 coins for one summon.

This item can be received as loot from a Rare Challenge Event enemy.

More Details on the Suspicious Chests

They appear at random in a mob/monster slot. 3 useful things to note:

1. The Suspicious Chest have an Elemental Barrier that reflects all direct damage and status effects from the same element.

2. The Suspicious Chest is “Invulnerable” and “Shielded,” which means that it’s “Vulnerable to damage only during the turn before it attacks.” This is an intrinsic attribute, not a Status Effect, so it can’t be dispelled, and shouldn’t be removable, even by Guardian Chameleon. The Chest shows the word “INVULNERABLE” below it at all times, and the pop-up information when you tap and hold on it shows “Shielded,” along with the explanation above.

3. Defeating the Suspicious Chest adds 5000 bonus points to the Stage Score.

Suspicious Chest Screenshots (Note that these screenshots are from Avalon, thus the Ice reflect)

Shielded Suspicious Chest, can’t be damaged:

One turn before attacking, the Suspicious Chest opens and can be damaged or killed:

:triangular_flag_on_post: New Stages, Bosses, and WE Costs

There are now 15 Stages for each tier of the Challenge Event (Rare, Epic, and Legendary), and they have new Bosses and WE costs, many of which are effectively reduced vs. the current Challenge Events.

@Mariamne has prepared an update to her fantastic infographic:

:spiral_calendar: New Event Duration & Schedule

The starting time for Challenge Events has shifted backwards one day, and the duration has been extended from 3.5 days to 4.5 days.

This will of course provide more time and WE to complete Stages, but will also likely affect competition as well.

:tada: New Rewards

The Rewards have been fairly radically improved.

The brackets are still broken up by number like the current Challenge Events, not percentage like Raid Tournaments, but the brackets are vastly larger, and the loot for lower brackets is substantially improved.

There are also more Emblems in the Completion Reward for each Tier.

Click for Rare Tier Rewards (remember, this may very likely change)
Heroes Avatars Flasks Tokens Coins Ascension Mats Battle Items Crafting Ingredients
Rank 1 Gretel Pixie 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 10x Challenge 2x Tomes of Tactics, 1x Mystic Rings, 2x Trap Tools, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Sturdy Shield, 1x Compass, 1x Hidden Blade, 10x Dagger, 10x Training Manual 10x Time Stop, 10x Revive Scrolls, 10x Potent Healing Potion, 10x Arrow Attack 10x Dragon Bone, 10x Midnight Roots, 10x Firestone, 10x Oil
Ranks 2-10 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 5x Challenge 1x Mystic Rings, 1x Tome of Tactics, 1x Hidden Blade, 2x Trap Tools, 10x Dagger, 10x Training Manual 10x Timestop, 10x Revive Scroll, 10x Potent Healing Potion, 10x Arrow Attack 10x Dragon Bone, 10x Midnight Roots, 10x Firestone, 10x Oil
Ranks 11-1000 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 2x Challenge 1x Mystic Rings, 1x Trap Tools, 10x Dagger, 10x Training Manual 10x Timestop, 10x Revive Scroll, 10x Potent Healing Potion, 10x Arrow Attack 10x Dragon Bone, 10x Midnight Roots, 10x Firestone, 10x Oil
Ranks 1001-10000 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily - 10x Dagger, 10x Training Manual 10x Revive Scroll, 10x Potent Healing Potion, 10x Arrow Attack 10x Midnight Roots, 10x Firestone, 10x Oil
Ranks 10001-100000 - - 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x ETT, 1x Daily - 10x Dagger, 10x Training Manual 10x Potent Healing Potion, 10x Arrow Attack 10x Firestone, 10x Oil
Ranks 100001-500000 - - 1x WE 1x Daily - 10x Training Manual 10x Arrow Attack 10x Oil
Ranks 500001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - - -

Rare Tier Completion Reward

• 1x WE Flask
  • 3x Challenge Coin
  • 10x Ranger Emblem
  • 10x Paladin Emblem
  • 1x Orb of Magic
  • 1x Revive Scroll
Click for Epic Tier Rewards (remember, this may change)
Heroes Avatars Flasks Tokens Coins Ascension Mats Battle Items Crafting Ingredients
Rank 1 Snow White Gretel, Hansel 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 20x Challenge 2x Royal Tabard, 1x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Tome of Tactics, 1x Magic Rings, 1x Warm Cape, 2x Sturdy Shield, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Orb of Magic, 2x Hidden Blade, 20x Leather Armor, 20x Adventurer’s Kit 20x Super Mana Potion, 20x Super Antidote, 20x Axe Attack, 20x Antidote 20x Orichalcum Nugget, 20x Fine Steel, 20x Iron Ore, 20x Large Bone
Ranks 2-10 - Hansel 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 10x Challenge 2x Royal Tabard, 1x Magic Rings, 1x Warm Cape, 2x Sturdy Shield, 1x Orb of Magic, 1x Hidden Blade, 20x Leather Armor, 20x Adventurer’s Kit 20x Super Mana Potion, 20x Super Antidote, 20x Axe Attack, 20x Antidote 20x Orichalcum Nugget, 20x Fine Steel, 20x Iron Ore, 20x Large Bone
Ranks 11-500 - - 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 3x Challenge 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Sturdy Shield, 1x Orb of Magic, 1x Hidden Blade, 20x Leather Armor, 20x Adventurer’s Kit 20x Super Mana Potion, 20x Super Antidote, 20x Axe Attack, 20x Antidote 20x Orichalcum Nugget, 20x Fine Steel, 20x Iron Ore, 20x Large Bone
Ranks 501-5000 - - 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily - 1x Hidden Blade, 20x Leather Armor, 20x Adventurer’s Kit 20x Super Antidote, 20x Axe Attack, 20x Antidote 20x Fine Steel, 20x Iron Ore, 20x Large Bone
Ranks 5001-50000 - - 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x ETT, 1x Daily - 20x Leather Armor, 20x Adventurer’s Kit 20x Axe Attack, 20x Antidote 20x Iron Ore, 20x Large Bone
Ranks 50001-250000 - - 2x WE 1x Daily - 20x Adventurer’s Kit 20x Antidote 20x Large Bone
Ranks 250001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - -

Epic Tier Completion Rewards

• 2x WE Flask
  • 5x Challenge Coin
  • 20x Fighter Emblem
  • 20x Sorcerer Emblem
  • 1x Compass
  • 1x Sturdy Shield
  • 1x Revive Scroll
Click for Legendary Tier Rewards (remember, this may change)
Rank 1 Puss In Boots Red Hood, Boss Wolf, Rumpelstiltskin 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 30x Challenge 1x Tome of Tactics, 2x Farsight Telescope, 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Damascus Blade, 2x Mystic Rings, 2x Orb of Magic, 1x Trap Tools, 2x Hidden Blade, 2x Warm Cape, 30x Sharpening Stone, 30x Practice Sword 30x Dragon Attack, 30x Bomb Attack, 30x Turtle Banner, 30x Minor Mana Potion 30x Meteor Fragment, 30x Grimoire Dust, 30x Potent Leaves, 30x Common Herbs
Ranks 2-10 - Boss Wolf, Rumpelstiltskin 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 15x Challenge 1x Tome of Tactics, 1x Farsight Telescope, 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Mystic Rings, 2x Orb of Magic, 1x Trap Tools, 2x Hidden Blade, 2x Warm Cape, 30x Sharpening Stone, 30x Practice Sword 30x Dragon Attack, 30x Bomb Attack, 30x Turtle Banner, 30x Minor Mana Potion 30x Meteor Fragment, 30x Grimoire Dust, 30x Potent Leaves, 30x Common Herbs
Ranks 11-100 - Rumpelstiltskin 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 5x Challenge 1x Farsight Telescope, 1x Mystic Rings, 2x Orb of Magic, 1x Trap Tools, 2x Hidden Blade, 2x Warm Cape, 30x Sharpening Stone, 30x Practice Sword 30x Dragon Attack, 30x Bomb Attack, 30x Turtle Banner, 30x Minor Mana Potion 30x Meteor Fragment, 30x Grimoire Dust, 30x Potent Leaves, 30x Common Herbs
Ranks 101-1000 - - 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily - 2x Orb of Magic, 1x Hidden Blade, 1x Warm Cape, 30x Sharpening Stone, 30x Practice Sword 30x Bomb Attack, 30x Turtle Banner, 30x Minor Mana Potion 30x Grimoire Dust, 30x Potent Leaves, 30x Common Herbs
Ranks 1001-10000 - - 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x ETT, 1x Daily - 1x Orb of Magic,30x Sharpening Stone, 30x Practice Sword 30x Turtle Banner, 30x Minor Mana Potion 30x Potent Leaves, 30x Common Herbs
Ranks 10001-100000 - - 3x WE 1x Daily - 30x Practice Sword 30x Minor Mana Potion 30x Common Herbs
Ranks 1000001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - -

Legendary Tier Completion Rewards

• 3x WE Flask
  • 7x Challenge Coin
  • 50x Druid Emblem
  • 50x Ranger Emblem
  • 1x Hidden Blade
  • 1x Warm Cape
  • 1x Trap Tools
  • 1x Revive Scroll

:alarm_clock: New Completion Rewards Time Cutoff

Completion Rewards will now be given even if the final stage is completed after the event ended.

This was a frequent request from players. One of the recent discussion threads can be found here: Challenge event glitch – Didn’t Get Completion Reward for Finishing After Event Ended

:link: Related Threads

14 Likes

You forgot to change this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was lucky to get Red Hood, Gretel and Hänsel with the last appearances of this event (it was even the first event when I started this game back in spring 2018). I’m looking forward to the family bonus. And who knows, maybe I’m lucky enough to get another sibling of the family with my challenge coins.:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Fixed, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Keen keen keen!

Fables is the only one where I don’t have a legendary Hero yet… Hoping for Snow White (dispel then damage, same as Kage) & Puss in Boots (mega minion maker)… Also wouldn’t mind Red Hood or Rumple…

Such big dreams and all I’m likely to get is Pixie if I’m lucky :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I completely forgot about this event coming and used my 10 pull at Christmas. Getting Leonidas and Grimble was ok, but I actually wanted to get almost all of the event heroes from this one. (well don’t really care about rumpel but still) Well I will try with whatever event coins I can collect I guess.

Crossing my fingers hoping for Boss Wolf in a x10 summon. :crossed_fingers: That would be the best b-day present ever (I only say that because in Hawaii it starts tonight).

6 Likes

Happy birthday, and good luck for your pulls!

Hopefully I can steer all the bad luck away from you; as I will make some pulls in Grimforest as well. I have 0 heroes from the event (I made one 10x long ago and came up empty). So I’ll be happy to receive any of them. My biggest wish is for one of the red 5*, as that is the color RNG has shorted me in 5* depth.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if I should pull at this event. I spend enough money on the game to get all the important 4* heroes, but not enough for the 5* heroes. Since I already have Hänsel, I guess this event is not really worth it anymore. I don’t know if I would would use Gretel much and the 5* I wont get anyways. The 3* hero looks nice, but then again: I always get the Challenge Events done anyways.

It’s a bit sad that the new event heroes are all 3* and 5*. The 3* are mostly useless, the 5* impossible to get unless you pump hundreds of bucks into the game. Since I already have every important 4* hero of every event, there is not much go for anymore.
At least we have costumes now. They actually help to improve my roster a little bit. I will probably pump my 5500 gems into those, when they show up again.

2 Likes

I’m in a similar situation, so I’m personally waiting for Season 3, and just stockpiling gems from the best offers in the meantime.

7 Likes

@Gemela…20 caracteres etc etc

1 Like

I’m excited to see what the adjustments are on rewards! Can’t wait​:wink::+1:

My one 5* from s2 is mitsuko and tomorrow snow white makes her less useful on defense. She’s my tank. I have other 5s but ugh. Funny that they changed all this reflect dispel stuff like frida used to debuff her despite taking reflect damage but now mitsuko reflects it all. It was nice having a great hero for a bit. Luckily the rates are small and the new hero pool is growing so fast hopefully not many will have her or use her in front of other blues.

I haven’t paid attention in the previous Challenge Events since they went to 15 missions from 10. Are the first 10 levels the same color enemies? Also any idea when the 15 mission graphic might be available?

Here is one I found floating around. Usually @Mariamne updates them on this thread just after the event goes live:
🌟 Memento Challenge Events

12 Likes

Yeah, no boss wolf but got a few of the Fables heroes (Hansel and Pixie), and a few more vanilla heroes that I was missing.

I Had enough gems left over for a single summon and one of the vanilla healers that has eluded me for soooooo long finally appeared. Mr. Dapper Noble himself, Rigard. Oh, kinda forgot to mention Grimble #2

3 Likes

Great pulls. Lianna from coins and 10pull! :grinning:

Where is the family bonus :confused:

5 Likes

A humble 10 pull + coins.

Not going to overdo because I already got the hotm and don’t like Grimble anyway. So this is what I got…

My first Gretels! And a Pixie!

The only hero I’d be happy about here would be Snow, but even if I got her, she’d be waiting a year for scopes with my other blues awaiting ascension. So I’m gonna pause here. Not sure if I want a 3rd Grimble, perhaps I am still getting one from a humble 10 pull on Atlantis :face_vomiting: Ofc went 100+ pulls for Neith and nada…

5 Likes

I literally got 10 3* classic heroes in my 10-pull. It’s such bull crap. When you get that they should at least give you a pity draw…something! Give me a darn Skittleskull at a minimum!!! It’s so effing maddening that I want to throw my phone. Those Smal Giant a-holes probably read these posts and just laugh while rolling around in our money. Eff it…I’m done pulling. I’ll probably now read a post from someone who gets Snow White, Puss, and a Boss Wolf on a 10-pull (plus a couple HOTM).

3 Likes