📘 Pixie: Fables of Grimforest – Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Fables of Grimforest Hero: Pixie!

:bar_chart: Stats

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:sun_with_face: Holy/Yellow Cleric Average
:crossed_swords:
Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
427 436 848

:family_man_woman_girl_boy: Grimforest Family Bonus

:dizzy: Special Skill: Pixie Dust

• Deals 290% damage to the target.
  • Automatically does 21% damage to the target when the target’s mana is full and reduces their mana by 50% for 3 turns.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Pixie from her last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Pixie?

This thread is for initial thoughts and discussion on Pixie.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Pixie and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is she worth summoning for?

• Would you use her on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Pixie Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of her special?

• What do you think of her character design?

• If you Summoned Pixieand would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Pixie, and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Pixie when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Pixie, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Pixie (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Pixie), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Challenge Event Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a Challenge Event Hero?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 56% chance of summoning Pixie.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 80 times out of 100, you’ll get Pixie by pull 20
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Pixie by pull 37
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Pixie by pull 56

Putting that in Perspective

• 20 out of every 100 people won’t get Pixie by the 20th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 20 times, 200,000 of those players wouldn’t get Pixie

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Pixie by the 37th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 37 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Pixie

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Pixie’s Game Mechanics?

Click for Info on Creating Player Guides

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Pixie.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in Player Guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Pixie.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

6 Likes

Seams like a very solid 3* if they are your thing.

2 Likes

Better than solid ahha. She’s a 3* version of Hansel who is arguably one of the best 4* heroes around.

I’d say that pixie is going to rocket to the top of the 3* pile. Will be keeping 2 of her for sure.

3 Likes

Hansels little sister.
Easy to get and to level.
Nice little - what is she?
An elfish dragonfly?

5 Likes

Don’t you think she’s more like a 3* version of Gretel, since she’s Average and Yellow, like Gretel, and Hansel is Fast and Green? :thinking:

Or were you thinking she’s more like Hansel because she’s single target?

3 Likes

Maybe a daughter of Hansel and Gretel… :wink:

7 Likes

Hansel is very useful in raiding, but Proteus is more useful for triple bosses.

Would like to see change to fast mana speed to match Hansel or target and nearby to match Proteus.

Since I do not raid with 3* heroes, and Pixie is competing with Melia, Gan Ju, and 3x Bane, I do not see Pixie being a core Challenge event rare tier hero for casual Challenge event players.

I could see 3x to 5x Pixie being useful on a 5x yellow ( mono yellow) team. But Pixie’s weak attack stat would be a disadvantage on a 5x yellow team.

Seems similar to Vodnik, a decent hero with an ability that is more useful on a 4* / 5* hero.

(🏴‍☠ Pirates of Corellia: Vodnik – Thoughts & Discussion )

4 Likes

Useful on a very fast tourney, otherwise not all that useful if you have enough of the fast holy 3* heroes.I might keep as many as two, and max one if I ever get her. Not planning on pulling for this event, though.

1 Like

I find her very useful for challenges, stages 13-15, to take out the most annoying boss.

4 Likes

Wincest? :thinking: But she’s not human, right? She’s a chunky fairy.

Mana control on 3* heroes sounds great. I hope I get a few pixies for my 3* team.

2 Likes

Hoping to just get Gretel here. Hansel’s mechanics are good but it’s not foolproof as he and Gretel affects one target. I guess pixie is here for the yellow stack support

I got her along with Hansel in a x10 pull. Was hoping for Boss Wolf in that equation but I am good with those two as I don’t have them.

Took 70 bloody spins t get the pixie… One more 10 pull brought in a second.

Both locked up ready for feeding :smiley:

1 Like

Wanted her and got her. She’s more Gretel’s little sister, I think.
Art: Her proportions are a bit too much incorrect, comparing her arms to her legs :confused:

Oh and the description error in the German card was copied over from Hansel and Gretel :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Would like to see change to fast mana speed to match Hansel or target and nearby to match Proteus.

That would make her OP compared to other 3* heroes. She is already one of the best 3* to date. Also, her special attack percentage is quite a bit higher than Hänsel’s.

Since I do not raid with 3* heroes, and Pixie is competing with Melia, Gan Ju, and 3x Bane, I do not see Pixie being a core Challenge event rare tier hero for casual Challenge event players.

For high rankings in challenge events definitely not due the low attack stat. However, she could be useful for players who have trouble with the last three levels.

I could see 3x to 5x Pixie being useful on a 5x yellow ( mono yellow) team. But Pixie’s weak attack stat would be a disadvantage on a 5x yellow team.

I’d rather use her in PvP fights as single yellow so that she can prevent a nasty opponent hero from firing if the tiles of my 3 or 4 stack colour fail to come. Hänsel being fast mana works great for this, will have to try if Pixie at average mana is similarly useful.

1 Like

She got Gretel’s speed with Hansel’s single target range.

I suppose for 3* rarity this kind of Mana sabotage is fine like this. At fast she would’ve been a bit ridiculous.

Yeah I think casual players would prefer to just go for Melia or Bane more.

But even in competitive play for high scores, Pixie’s stats and speed is just not good.

However, I have noticed that all event 3*s so far are, ironically, not good at competitive event play. All of them are instead very good at raid tournaments – which seems to be the intended design of all these heroes.

• Bauchan – stats too defensive, better to have emblemed Jahangir for a hit-all red hero to help with crowd control.
  • Vodnik – mana requirement to deal more damage is meh and needs to be set up against bosses. Okay for casual play, but for competitive scores Gato is prefered
  • Shrubear – purely defensive, not useful for high scores.
  • Pixie – attack stat is low and effect not useful for quick boss kills. Bane is a far better sniper
  • G. Bat (released January) – effect not worth it when chasing high scores, having dead teammates greatly affects score. Better to have Chochin for a crowd control purple hero (who does damage to target and nearby, rather than minor damage to nearby – this is much better for triple bosses, despite Bat’s higher damage output to target).

But all these heroes are very strong for raids – defense teams and offense teams alike.

9 Likes

Wanted Gretel, got Pixie instead. She will definitely be fun in Raids, especially for very fast tournaments. The costume for Tyrum was probably released as her counter.

these new event 3* star heroes are really a lot more interesting than the majority of the season 1 ones. In order to stay relevant, Greymane etc. will need some awesome costumes.

1 Like

Greymane is food, I don’t want a costume for him Oo

2 Likes

Well, they could turn him into a usable hero with his costume. As they are now, Greymane, Dawa, Prisca, Renfeld, Karil, and Isshtak are trash compared to other 3*. A costume with a nice special could make them relevant and interesting again.

2 Likes

These three actually have a very specific purpose: crowd control for challenge event high score runs. Spread damage is helpful against lower level minion waves, and particularly against the triple bosses, which helps with the amount of mana potions that you have to use for high scores. By spreading damage, lets me kill bosses quicker with items and follow-up snipers.

Costumes for them, imo, would be very welcome to boost their damage output in these runs.

Dawa to a lesser extent… she is the worst one and I wish she dealt more damage to match the other 2 ramming rush users. You can accomplish the same damage (kind of) by using Melia / Arman instead. The only difference is that Dawa deals more damage to the target, and usually the center boss in the later triple boss Challenge Event levels has the most HP too.

Also Karil has no purpose if you have Gunnar’s costume – as Gunnar + Gato to spread damage is better now. But me without Gunnar’s costume, I use Karil for this current event.

3 Likes