Challenge event glitch – Didn’t Get Completion Reward for Finishing After Event Ended

I just completed legendary tier of challenge event. After killing off final board, game went to leader board & says event ended. I did not get any of my rewards for completion of legendary tier–nada. Put in all that time & effort for no reward? No way!

4 Likes

The same thing happened to me. The final screen went into a loop. I noticed before it looped that it gave me a final score of 0, even though I killed all bosses and used up so much stuff to complete the stage.

4 Likes

If you complete a Challenge Event after it ends, you won’t get the Completion Rewards.

It sounds like that’s likely what happened, given the timing.

There’s a fairly lengthy discussion about this over here:

5 Likes

It happened to me as well. It seems to be something well known in the forum. I just wonder if it’s known due to experience and hearing about others or if this info is in the rules or somewhere in-game…

Since you can keep going on war and quests, i thought the same applied to events…

I mean, i understand not giving the points for ranking, but the completion loot? Why not? Or why not pull you from the battle when event ends since showing everybody their global ranking at the time it’s over is so important?

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

That’s crapola. If you start the board before end time, should give you rewards. Just like with a war hit. Got enough issues with ascension items in this game to get chintzed on a tier completion by a matter of seconds just about pushes it over the edge for me.
May be the universe saying find something better to do with your free time.

2 Likes

Empires & Puzzles: Come enjoy some disappointment.

2 Likes

Same thing here…
20 characters

I completed the Epic tier over a day ago. I did not receive my tier completion rewards either.

1 Like

I just heard: All tier completion rewards are paid from the SG CEO’s own personal loot stash. He keeps it in a treasure chest in his office, under his mahogany executive desk. Word is he hates giving out ascension items & will avoid doing so any time he can.

All makes sense now.

2 Likes

Sorry, first time to the forum and didn’t know where to put this. Tried posting a new post but couldn’t do it somehow. Having system issues, I just finished the legendary mode of the wonderland event, but I started the level when there was 16 mins or so but then I must have beaten it after the event ended. I got to the message saying “You’ve surpasses our expectations…” by one of the wonderland characters (the green one), but the system got stuck and wouldn’t go further, so I had to log out of the game and log back in. When I did, I got one free summon token for participating in the event and nothing more. Will I get the rewards from beating the legendary level? I used all my battle weapons like dragon and sand time clock to beat the last one, I don’t want all that to go to waste, it was my first time ever beating the legendary event. Can anyone help? Or where do I go to bring this up to the system people??

You can see the history at: Menu - Options - Support - Recent Activity

If they pulled you before the fight was over, you wouldn’t get monster kills toward your wanted chest, and you wouldn’t get the normal stage loot for completing a fight in the world (heroes, troops, crafting mats, etc.).

I think part of the confusion is that the Event completion rewards are associated with the Event itself, not with the particular fight. If the Event is no longer active when the fight completes, then there are no Event rewards to be triggered.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me and it has made me reconsider the game. If the app allows you to start a battle within the event time frame it must allow you to complete it regardless of when the event ends. Period. If the matter ended up in court the developers would lose. The amount of gems necessary to complete some of those battles can amount to approx $30 a pop. The payout for a tier completion is…worthless outside the game. Developers should take this seriously before it costs them more than it needs to.

2 Likes

I have the same story. Until this weekend’s Wonderland event, I had never felt that the challenge events were worth my time. (I know they have good loot, but it’s too time consuming with my heros.) With about three hours left this morning, I started the four star (elite?) events because I needed the fine gloves from the completion rewards. Of course, on my fourth or fifth try on the last fight, I finally won after an approximately fifteen minute battle, but all I got for my efforts (and my entire morning) were the battle rewards and the measly participation tokens. I was so disappointed especially after spending that much time. I still deserve those rewards even though I finished a little late. Even if I had looked at the time left in the event before starting the last battle, I would have had no idea that I would have missed out like that. I thought it was a mistake until I viewed their support page about this issue. I know this probably seems dramatic, but this was almost enough to turn me off of this game. I don’t think that I should have been kicked out of the battle like some people have suggested because then I would have missed out on the battle rewards which were pretty good. I think people who go over time should be eligible for earning the completion rewards, but not increasing their ranking. That seems like a reasonable compromise.

3 Likes

Right. You cant take 75 or 175+ gems for a battle continuance, then end the reward mid battle. This is some crap business ethic on SG. I literally completed final board within seconds, and only thing to show for it is a lame grey token & less resources than what I started with. This issue needs to be addressed, because its present state is highly problematic, unfair & confusing.
Let us battle, expend resources &/or gems, then pull the rug.
Even titan hits warn that time is about to expire.

1 Like

If you’re spending a bunch of gems to complete a given Tier, then you’re not ready for that Tier of the Event yet. The events require no gems to complete.

5 Likes

Ok, this makes sense. I hadn’t thought about it.

And, honestly, since i am not in dare need of the rewards, I don’t really feel all that annoyed (except for my gems), I just feel this was not so clear for players and considering that it diverges from the pattern of wars and quests, there really should be some kind of warning about the time for the event…

@Garanwyn, is there any kind of info about this detail on the event rules? Anyway to learn about it before we learn through disappointment?

1 Like

Me too, it was way before the end of the event.

1 Like

That’s beside the point. How people decide to take on a tier is a part of the game and a personal choice. The people selling gaming services to a customer which is what I am have to follow consumer protection laws and practices. Allowing a customer to proceed and initiate a game and failing to award the tier completion award as promised is wrong and leaves them open to paying a real life penalty that costs time and $$$!