🧪 The Beta Beat (v27) – Season 3 Heroes, Provinces & Gameplay, Valhalla Summon Portal; Mar/Apr HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

Agree. But Man… so much patience is required to wait for the hero to reach full mana… at raids it’s worst, unless it has a tank role.

I would be more for power reduction and increased speed. :wink:

Beta Update

Beta has reopened, with the return of the Season 3 Heroes, as well as the introduction of the first Season 3 Provinces and gameplay.

@DaveCozy has offered to update the Season 3 Heroes and the upcoming HOTM threads (Telluria and Malosi) with the balance changes in this Beta, so those will come as he completes them.

In the meantime, I’ve added a new thread for the Season 3 Province & Gameplay (also linked in the top post of this thread for easy reference):

=> 🧪 Early Information on Season 3 Provinces & Gameplay [Part of The Beta Beat V27]

4 Likes

Beta Update

Season 3 Beta 4 is now closed.

Another round of Beta is planned shortly, aiming for as early as later today.

4 Likes

Beta Update

Beta has reopened, with balance changes and additional Season 3 content.

@DaveCozy will be updating the information on Malosi and the Season 3 Heroes accordingly.

4 Likes

Beta Update

Beta is now closed, while a new Build is prepared.

Beta is expected to reopen later today or tomorrow for testing of the updated version.

4 Likes

Beta Update

Beta has reopened, with balance changes to Heroes and several other updates.

The Season 3 Valhalla Summon Portal has also been updated with “fixed” Appearance Rates — as such, I’ve now detailed it here:

=> 🧪 Early Information on Season 3 Valhalla Summon Portal [Part of The Beta Beat V27]

2 Likes

Beta testing has closed this morning.

4 Likes

Official Release Announcement & Notes

9 Likes

The amount of Loot Tickets received from War Loot and Wanted Chests has decreased slightly.

Ah, because they were soooo plentiful what the hell sgg

8 Likes

Doesn’t this give you hope that those amazing suggestions in the “New ascension mats for s3 heroes” thread might be implemented someday too? :rofl:

1 Like

How many days will Valhalla last?

27-02 to ???

2 Likes

That’s one of the things I’m trying to find out.

3 Likes

Plz run into March, plz run into March, Plz run into march.

7 Likes

27-02 a 01-03?

2 Likes

I don’t think we have confirmation yet, right @zephyr1?

1 Like

No, we don’t have confirmation yet.

2 Likes

“Counter attacker’s base damage can’t be higher than the defender’s current health.”

What does this exactly mean? Can anybody describe it with an example?

Your Aife does 1000 damage to my Boril. Currently, your Aife would take 1250 damage no matter what.

AFter the change, because my Boril only has 15 hp, your Aife will only take 15 damage.

Don’t quote me on this, this is just what I understand from @zephyr1’s posts.

5 Likes

Moderator’s Note

I asked the Small Giant Staff a few common questions about Season 3, and got back answers:

How long will the Season 3 Valhalla Summon Portal be open each month?

The Valhalla Portal will be open from Thursday 7am UTC until Sunday 7pm UTC.

The first Valhalla Portal will be open from 2020-02-27T07:00:00Z until 2020-03-01T19:00:00Z

The announcement says, “Available Season III Legendary heroes change each month” and the Release Notes day, “The available Season III Legendary Heroes, as well as the available Heroes of The Month, change each month” — we know there will be new Legendary Heroes coming, but does this just mean new ones will be added each month, or does it mean that they’ll be rotated, and some available this month won’t be available next month?

New Featured Legendary Heroes will be added each month, and the old featured ones will be added to the pool.

Can you confirm that Valhalla Coins are available only from completing Season 3 Stages? (i.e. they’re not in loot anywhere)

Currently, that is the plan, but it’s still being discussed.

5 Likes

Whenever I see that sentence (albeit that I’ve seen that post many times) I sit up straight and hope to see they decided to fix Atomos, Mok-arr, Thoth & Margaret. Throw JF into that list too. Somehow I always end up with all the junk 5* heroes. Allas, it’s only S3 tweaks. Crawling back under the blanket now, call me when something changes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes