General Yin - 3* Nature / Green from Journey family

New Journey hero is released: General Yin

This thread is for discussing strategy related to General Yin, as well as your thoughts on General Yin.

General Yin

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Barbarian
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55 589 575 793
3/60 727 710 980
Origin Family
War of the Three Kingdoms Journey
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Enchanted Axe Swing
  • Dispells buffs from all enemies.
  • Deals 180% damage to all enemies.
  • Deals additional 8% damage per removed status effect, up to 276% damage in total

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Journey Family Bonus

Journey Family:

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:
50% / 75% / 100% chance to increase the duration of each status effect that is cast by the hero by 1 / 2 / 3 turns.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as Heroes fighting alongside them receive the following perks in War of the Three Kingdoms:

• +10% attack, +3% defense, +7% health

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to General Yin from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Journey Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v55]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of General Yin ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on General Yin.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to General Yin and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is General Yin worth summoning for?

• Would you use General Yin on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with General Yin ?

• What heroes would you take when facing General Yin as an opponent?

• Would you give General Yin Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of General Yin’s character design?

• If you Summoned General Yin and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned General Yin, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of General Yin when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about General Yin, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving General Yin (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving General Yin), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Rare Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - General Yin

:question: Is General Yin worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of General Yin compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of General Yin is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does General Yin’s Special Skill match General Yin’s Base Stats?

Note this means General Yin’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think General Yin’s Primary Purpose is?

• Dispeller
  • Damage Dealer (Immediate)

0 voters

:question: Is General Yin worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think General Yin is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think General Yin will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

:question: What do you think is General Yin worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem General Yin then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

Not bad, dispel is rare (duh) among 3*, and priority dispel is, well, only on this one. Slow speed may be a problem though. And another hit-all green 3* after Goopy and Zarel.

3 Likes

I think this will make the 2nd priority dispell 3*…Joukahainen from Kalevala also has priority dispell. It will be great to have another option for sure, especially useful for the crazy 3* Rush Tournaments these days (I actually really like them, craziness and all :joy:). Plus, having an option that is available more often would probably be beneficial to some as well. Though, I do wish that the Element was different. Nature already has Mnesseus…

5 Likes

This is just like with Carol and the family bonus that does nothing :frowning_face:

10 Likes

Oh, we just have 3* Caitlín :smile:.

Anyway, I think he is 3* that has the best art work ever now. I mean his art work is comparable to those 5*.

9 Likes

I always have loved the Wo3k artwork… he’s a desirable 3* I just wish the portals were kinder

I think both General Yin and Carol are son-in-law and daughter-in-law of their family :rofl:.

3 Likes

Why not give him an effect? Is that purposeful SGG?

1 Like

I think he’s there to support other journey heroes. Which is kind of stupid because he’s the only 3* hero of his kind. You won’t bring him into 4* territory

3 Likes

Can anyone explain why he dispels buffs, but the additional damage is base on status effects? Is that supposed to mean buffs? Or am I missing something?

He deals the additional damage according to the buffs he removed

Some ppl say Yin is bad.
But not in this situation:

Brienne give Yin +145% atk boost.
Plus enemies have THAT MUCH BUFFS:

Wich mean he’ll deal 260% DMG to all boosted with Brienne to almost Wu Kong level(Without misses!).
If this would be 3* tournament I guess all enemies will be almost dead.
But cuz of it was war be attacked for:

But it’s still not worse than nothing
Edit: I just realized that c3Obakan resisted dispell by passive so Yin dealt 27% less DMG, wich is also sayin’ why they get that small amount of DMG.
But we don’t have toons (edit 2: except Gan Ju and Valen, but IMO no one’s using them on defense) in 3*, so problem solves itself:)

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! Just maxed him recently and am trying him out :slight_smile: