Queen Guowang - 5* Holy / Yellow from Journey family

New Journey hero is released: Queen Guowang

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Queen Guowang, as well as your thoughts on Queen Guowang.

Queen Guowang

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Sorcerer
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 859 896 1733
4/90 982 1026 1983
Origin Family
War of the Three Kingdoms Journey
Image Aether Power Description
fiend-resist Fiend Resist At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new Fiends for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: The Queen’s Radiance
  • Deals 330% damage to all enemies.
  • All allies get 10% mana every time an enemy uses their Special Skill during 4 turns. Mana is received at the end of the Special Skill. Mana will not be received if this status effect is removed during a Special Skill.
  • The caster gets Vengeance for 4 turns. If Vengeance is dispelled by a Special Skill, all enemies receive 525 damage.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Journey Family Bonus

Journey Family:

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:
50% / 75% / 100% chance to increase the duration of each status effect that is cast by the hero by 1 / 2 / 3 turns.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as Heroes fighting alongside them receive the following perks in War of the Three Kingdoms:

• +10% attack, +3% defense, +7% health

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased to 778 from 773.
  • Damage is increased to 330% from 250%.
  • Accuracy decreasing effect is removed.
  • Damage on Vengeance is increase to 525 from 350.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Journey Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v55]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Queen Guowang ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Queen Guowang.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Queen Guowang and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Queen Guowang worth summoning for?

• Would you use Queen Guowang on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Queen Guowang ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Queen Guowang as an opponent?

• Would you give Queen Guowang Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Queen Guowang’s character design?

• If you Summoned Queen Guowang and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Queen Guowang, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Queen Guowang when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Queen Guowang, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Queen Guowang (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Queen Guowang), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Queen Guowang (post release)

:question: Is Queen Guowang worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Queen Guowang would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Queen Guowang’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Accuracy Debuffer
  • Mana Increaser
  • Damage Dealer (on dispell)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Queen Guowang compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Queen Guowang’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Queen Guowang’s Base Stats?

Note this means Queen Guowang’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Queen Guowang worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Queen Guowang is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Queen Guowang is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Queen Guowang worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Queen Guowang then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

2 Likes

If she’ll be released this way (and SGG has a habit of nerfing heroes right before release) she’ll be pretty broken. Mana generation when opponent casts specials and if you dispel her then you take damage. That is if your dispel even hits because your dispeller is blinded, so you need to cleanse (and optimally heal) as well. Terrific.

13 Likes

Sure… Why not. At this point… I’m just doing pulls indiscriminately… Free ones at least… Because it’s just a constant deluge of new heroes.

1 Like

The only way to counter this hero completely is to inhibit or steal. Stealing should not trigger her vengeance and if it does, it’s a bug
It’s the meta where hatter becomes relevant again

4 Likes

Next meta tank potential?

3 Likes

Sounds…insane… lol…
20 Guowangs

1 Like

c.Panthee would be perfect agaisnt this her. The queen would be truly be bad ■■■ if the mana was undispelleable .

I wish i got hippo, even without an attack his special is better than queen dmg with vengeance and a mana buff

Intended to be a green tank. If players bite.

Just get xiahou dun, Cao Cao at hand. Her tactics don’t work against those minions

Well I like her…won’t complain about getting her but not expecting miracles since I have cut back my spending by quite a bit due to my recent bad luck in the portals…just feels futile to spend lately…I enjoy all the Wo3k hero art and hope to get her this time around…maybe she’ll be my change of attitude.
Good luck everyone :blush:
May the portals show you kindness

14 Likes

Well, one thing is that W3K portal 5* got a boost, from 1.2% to 1.6%, so they’re on par with S2-S5 in this regard. Second is that there are now featured heroes for 1.0% total, so queen has 0.33% - not much but better as if she was not. Epic W3K have same rate as before though, so you have higher chance to pull any W3K 5* than to pull Journey 4*.

4 Likes

Yes I saw the updates and since I have had absolutely no luck with the portals…also not fond of the carousel changes (superstitious as it may be) …that said, might be too little too late for me as my spending is now about 1/3 of what it once was and absolutely no desire to chase after heros that wait at 3/70 for impending balance adjustments…
I wish you much luck!

2 Likes

Want this one as its a really nice def option but i guess game will send one more of the useless ones from this portal :expressionless:

This is why I chose the Hatter.

1 Like

Another holy journey hero? Would have thought they would mix it up a bit.

1 Like

Huge damage boost from 250%>330% relative to beta. And more damage for vengeance. But blind gets removed.

3 Likes

can we call it a buff?

I’m confused. Have we had ‘vengeance’ before? Is it just something that’s there to cause damage if it gets dispelled?

Whoops. Wrong word choice. Meant to put boost.