Heifeng Guai - 4* Dark / Purple from Journey family

New Journey hero is released: Heifeng Guai

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Heifeng Guai, as well as your thoughts on Heifeng Guai.

Heifeng Guai

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Rogue
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 727 678 1498
4/80 843 787 1737
Origin Family
War of the Three Kingdoms Journey
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Black Tassel Spear Sting
  • Deals 285% damage to target.
  • The duration of cleansable status ailments is reset for the target.
  • The target get -35% defense for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Journey Family Bonus

Journey Family:

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:
50% / 75% / 100% chance to increase the duration of each status effect that is cast by the hero by 1 / 2 / 3 turns.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as Heroes fighting alongside them receive the following perks in War of the Three Kingdoms:

• +10% attack, +3% defense, +7% health

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Heifeng Guai from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Journey Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v55]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Heifeng Guai ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Heifeng Guai.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Heifeng Guai and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Heifeng Guai worth summoning for?

• Would you use Heifeng Guai on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Heifeng Guai ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Heifeng Guai as an opponent?

• Would you give Heifeng Guai Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Heifeng Guai’s character design?

• If you Summoned Heifeng Guai and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Heifeng Guai, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Heifeng Guai when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Heifeng Guai, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Heifeng Guai (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Heifeng Guai), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Heifeng Guai (post release)

:question: Is Heifeng Guai worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Heifeng Guai would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Heifeng Guai’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Ailment Duration Reseter
  • Defense Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Heifeng Guai compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Heifeng Guai’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Heifeng Guai’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Heifeng Guai worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Heifeng Guai is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Heifeng Guai is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Heifeng Guai worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Heifeng Guai then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

Is that supposed to be cleansible status ailments?

1 Like

Yes. Resets ailments.

Good to buy some time. She’s better if she’s 3x but I guess she should be average then for 3*.

1 Like

Most likely. I have updated it.

1 Like

Oooo, nice. They’ll be good against Titans with that reset Ailments I think.

Wow i didnt expect to see any new W3K hero beeing this bad.

3 Likes

Doesn’t zhabog do the same thing with more skill damage and he also reset all enemies’ ailments on fast. This guy’s DD is also not the best. Feels like a dud

6 Likes

Very happy to see new heroes that are not 5*, but both seem weak. Will not get emblems from me if I get him…

Anyone test this guy out?

Just got him. A single target Zhabog. I don’t really see a use for him, since I can’t find a use for Zhabog either. There are two problems with ailment reset.

First, there is an original caster of the ailment who can reset the ailment himself. The only added value from ailment reset is if you can cast it faster than the original hero, which means you’ll want to pair this with slower heroes. And slow heroes suck.

Secondly, there are not many ailments in this game I would pick over direct damage. Maybe mindless attack, but for that your options are pretty limited. Alfrike, Merlin and 2C Quintus come to mind, and out of these Alfrike is useless outside of very fast wars. So playing tag with Merlin and Quintus? I just can’t think of anything else.

Xandrella waddles proteus that cat from mighty pets bubbles i think

Also the family bonus is 1/2/3 heros 50%/75%/100% not just 50%

This hero is situational…but in the right situations can be quite good. Defense Down at Fast is desirable and the Journey Family Bonus is great. The only leveled Journey hero I have is Xie Zi Jing (scorpion lady). Getting 75% chance to extend her poison by 2 turns is huge.

May not be the most useful hero for endgame players with deeper rosters but certainly has a place on my team for a while Im sure. Versus Titans is a bonus.

Disappointed to have just pulled this hero… for a second I thought I pulled scorpion lady lol… so dull for a 3 Kingdoms hero… I won’t level him