This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the updates to Costumes after the hiatus.
Don’t get too attached
Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.
It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.
So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.
Related Build Notes
- Costume summon now includes the original hero, a chance for Hero of the Month and a Bonus Ascension Material Chest.
- New stages added to The Masquerade quests.
- Fixed how costume bonus and talents are calculated together.
- When entering a battle that has rarity/class/element requirements, eligible heroes are shown at the top of Hero Roster.
- Improved the usability of Class Quest team editing. You can change a heroes costume if the hero has a costume of the allowed class.
Costume Summon Changes
There have been several changes to the Costume Summons:
- Both the Hero and Costume are now included with One Summon
- There is now a Bonus Ascension Material Chest, just like Atlantis — when you Summon 10 Costumes, a Chest becomes available; testing indicates this is currently capped at 9 Chests per cycle, just like Atlantis
- A 1.3% chance for the Hero of the Month (HOTM) has been added, just like other Summon Portals
- The Appearance Rates have been modified:
- Legendary *non-featured:
- Legendary *featured:
- The Summon Costs have been modified:
- Keys: Unchanged, still 5 Costume Keys
- Single Gem Summon:
- 10x Gem Summon:
Costume Quest Changes
The Masquerade Costume Quest has been updated with additional Stages, and new intro dialogue screens/content.
The Stages are as follows:
|Stage||WE||Description||Recommended TP||Costume Keys||Bosses|
|4||7||Hard||3500||2||Boldtusk, Bane, Skittleskull|
|5||8||Very Hard||4000||2||Bane, Vivica, Skittleskull|
|6||10||Ultimate||4500||3||Isarnia, Elena, Vivica|
The Small Giant Staff have indicated that they are very close to release of this update to Costumes, and are primarily focusing on identifying bugs before release.
As such, it’s likely that these updates are close to the final version that will be released to the live game.
For a full list of items currently in Beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see: