🧪 Early Information on Season 2 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v43]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the costumes for Season 2 (Atlantis) heroes.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:performing_arts: Costumes!!!

There are a total of 4 new Costumes being tested in v43.

5 :star: — Legendary Costumes

• Poseidon – Slayer of Atlantis
  • Ursena – Deadly Reef Queen
  • Kageburado – Beetle Samurai
  • Ariel – Enchanter of Atlantis

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the costume bonus.

Poseidon — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Poseidon

Costume Poseidon — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 800

Attack: 757
Defense: 731
HP: 1473

Class: Ranger
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)
Family: Atlantis

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Tidal Slayer

• Deals 480% damage to the target.
  • All allies are immune to new status ailments for 3 turns.

Ursena — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Ursena

Costume Ursena — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 799

Attack: 771
Defense: 761
HP: 1370

Class: Druid

Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Reef Blast

• Deals 130% damage to all enemies.
  • Deals 260% damage if the target has more than 50% health remaining.
  • All allies reflect all status effects and 115% damage from enemies’ Holy Special Skills back to the attacker for 4 turns.
  • All Holy enemies get -54% defense against Dark for 4 turns.

Kageburado — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Kageburado

Costume Kageburado — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 796

Attack: 782
Defense: 750
HP: 1339

Class: Paladin
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Mana Speed: Very fast

Special Skill: Beetle Strike

• Dispels buffs from the target.
  • Deals 320% damage to the target.
  • The target is immune to new buffs for 2 turns.
  • The target gets -34% defense for 2 turns.

Ariel— Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Ariel

Costume Ariel — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 796

Attack: 765
Defense: 780
HP: 1325

Class: Sorcerer
Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Deep See Ritual

• Boosts health of all allies by 400 520. If health exceeds max HP, it is added as temporary HP.
  • All allies regenerate a small moderate amount of mana over 4 turns.
  • Cleases status ailments from all allies.

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the costume bonus.

:performing_arts: Costume Bonus

Changed in V36.2 of Beta, the Non-Season 1 Costumes impart a DIFFERENT costume bonus to what is applied to Season 1 Costumes.

Here we have difference costume bonus than the Summer Event Heroes.

Stat S1 CB Summer Event Hero CB
HoTM CB
Season 2 Hero CB
Halloween Event Hero CB
Santa’s Challange Event Hero CB
Attack 5% 3% 2%
Defence 5% 3% 2%
HP 10% 6% 4%
Mana 5% 1% 1%

Costume Bonus Progression:

Stat Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4 Max
Attack 0% 1% 2% 2% 3%
Defence 0% 1% 2% 2% 3%
HP 0% 2% 4% 5% 6%
Mana 0% 1% 1% 1% 1%

–
NOTE: All numbers are presented above are INCLUDING the costume bonus.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The costumes have the same family as the original hero.
The normal and the costume version of a hero is counted as two unique heroes.

Hero Academy

The new legendary heroes and costumes are added to Hero Academy 10 as a possible result.
So most likely they will be added in the live game too once the new costumes will go live.

:arrow_up: Beta Updates

25 October, 2021

New costumes arrived to Beta
Change to Poseidon costume.

:calendar: Release Date

Staff does not indicates when these costumes will arrive.

:link: Related Threads

Previous topic for Poseidon costume:

4 Likes

Four solid heroes are getting better
Poseidon: more damage and blocking all effects. You can switch depending on the enemy. Solid secondary at fast speed. Could be good for Alfrike tanks.

Ursena: I read the first three bullets and couldn’t tell the difference off of the top of my head. Then I looked at it is the exact same first three bullets. Adding in EDD. She’ll be great for titans. If you you see her at tank, I’m not sure why you’d bother using Holy heroes against her.

Kage: damage between his two situations. But throw in the target is immune to buffs and gets defense down, even if they’re for 2 turns, and I like this version better. Does remind me a bit of Victor where he does a lot of things, but not sure he does any one thing great.

Ariel: she’ll heal for less, but I’ll always go for the overheal. I prefer direct mana gain to the percent buff, although on defense this may not be as good.

No reason to summon in AR until these are released. These are all featured in separate months for now. I wonder if that will continue. I guess I want Ursena the most since I lack a Dark EDD.

11 Likes

Looks like everything I have collected over 18 months will have an upgraded version in 3-4 months… Oh well, I guess I will have to pull these with coins I find during Atlantis rising. Gonna wish for dupe Ursena, Kage and Ariel…:man_shrugging:t2: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does he have a passive as well? Poesidon is already good against Alfrike because he gives resistance to the mindless attack. But now the expanded ailment protection will help greatly against Frigg and others as well

1 Like

Oops I meant secondary effect. I’ll edit. Thank you.

1 Like

I like the special skill of costumed Poseidon, Ursena and Ariel. Not a big fan of costume Kage - still prefer his original version.

Even though I got Sergei and he’s helped my yellow titan scores immensely, I’d really love to bring in costume Ursena. I’d then keep Sergei but only focus on his second charge of attack up. Would be a really great team to me, and I wouldn’t need to try to get a second Sergei next event. Though I’m sure at this point I’ll pull panther finally lol (just like I pulled Ranvir after limit breaking and maxing Bertold)

Still nothing for inari? Sigh…

9 Likes

I would prefer if mok arr was the one with the EDD over ursena, it would make him be worth to pull

6 Likes

Poseidon, Ursena, Kageburado, Ariel. The 5* from Atlantis who clearly needed a costume way before any other 5* from Atlantis.
At least they could mix it a bit, two already nice heroes and two “oh, this was actually a s2 5*, i totally forgot he/she actually existed” hero.

7 Likes

Even when revisiting season 2 heroes, they still won’t give Inari anything… smh

1 Like

It seems more and more like SG/Zynga are moving to a pay-to-win model with this game. Their goal is not to balance the game by giving weaker heroes a buff. Their goal is to unbalance the game so whales will have pay to summon those particular heroes and not stop summoning until they get them if they want to keep up. No one is going to chase Inari or Mok-arr, but the whales will have to chase these costumes if they want to keep using these heroes.

10 Likes

More pay to pull content. Zzzz Atlantis coins aren’t even avaible anymore. Those seahorses doesn’t count. You need $100 in loot tickets to collect 1 pull. Lol.

People aren’t even commenting on those threads anymore. Guess we are all tired. Nothing to be said. Good luck for whales guess they’re the only ones addicted enough to continue this.

9 Likes

Ursena Costume - The very crux of creativity.

Take a hero and just add another bullet.

20 PATHETICS.

6 Likes

Almost.
The “Deals extra damage against Holy” is removed and this is added instead of it.
But yeah the change is not much…

1 Like

Payable balances change. No thanks. Won’t pull for that and will refrain from spending seing how this game is turning…

3 Likes

Beta Balance Update:

• Ariel costume:
    • She now boosts health with 520 instead of 400
    • She is now casts a buff of regenerating moderate amount of mana instead of small amount of mana over 4 turn.

The OP is updated.

9 Likes

Saw the S2 costumes today… Not a fan of the graphics… They are ugly imo… :scream:

1 Like

Ariel does more health boost than Heimdall on a faster speed. Great, i see the balancing efforts there. She has mana gain buff, Heim has a low attack buff. She cleanses, Heim MAY revive (doesnt really happen). Gj SG you just turned the best healer in the game into a god now.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. I don’t consider ressurection as a proper skill, so basically heimdall only has a 500 boosted health and a weak attack boost at slow speed