🎭 [Jan 18, 2021] Costume Event – The Masquerade – FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

The Masquerade (Costume Chamber Portal & Quest)

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Start Time End Time Duration
2021-01-18T07:00:00Z 2021-01-20T07:00:00Z 2 days

NOTE: There WILL be new costumes in this chamber per this announcement from staff

:dizzy: Featured Costumes: Marjana & Khagan

NOTE: There WILL be new costumes in this chamber per this announcement from staff

Historical Tracking of Featured Costumes

:world_map: @cap’s Guide to The Masquerade

Previous Versions:

Bane, Boldtusk, Skittleskull, Isarnia, Elena Version

Used In: – February 2020; August 2020; Dec 2020

Tyrum, Li Xiu, Tiburtus, Joon & Richard Version

Used In: – January 2020; March 2020; June 2020; October 2020

Azar, Caedmon, Carver, Domitia, Azlar Version

Used in: – May 2020; September 2020

Isshtak, Little Johm Berden, Kadilen & Magni Version

Used in: – July 2020; Nov 2020

Jahangir, Gormek, Grimm, Justice, Marjana & Leonidas version.

Used in: – Jan 2021;

Source: 🎭 Mémento costumes quest: The masquerade

:man_singer: Costume Chamber Summons

• Are Costumes worth Summoning for?

• Which Heroes and Costumes did you get, and how will you use them?

• What do you think of the Special Skills, stats, and design of Costumes?

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community . Please include some comments about what you think of Costumes and Heroes when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumes, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving those Costumes (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving the Costume you wanted), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Costumes.

:framed_picture: Odds Explained

A nice summary graphic showing the odds & what you can expect from the various summons portals in game by @Dorkus:

:money_mouth_face: Offers

Price shown is in USD before taxes

:question: Questions?

If you have questions about the Costume Portal, The Masquerade Costume Quest, or Costumes, please post them down below.

You may also find @Guvnor’s thorough FAQ about Costumes useful: Hero Costume FAQs! Please read for answers to most questions before posting new questions

Also by @Guvnor is a comparison of the Uncostumed Hero vs. the Costume version. Compares the skills, damage & his opinion on which is ‘better’: Costumes... Whats the Point? Which is Better?

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team for & Results for The Masquerade!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

• What items did you use, if any?

• Which Stages did you defeat?

• Would you do anything different next time?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: Related Threads

Historical Costume Event Threads:

Click to expand list.

Announcements & Beta:

21 Likes

I have 49 costume keys saved up. I haven’t been collecting my training camps for the past month or so. So i’m ready to get something good from the Costume Chamber!

16 Likes

i have 27. And have enough gems for a 10x summon. i will buy the costume keys deal just for additional summons. Scarlett is what i want the most

7 Likes

150 hoarded keys since May here. Expecting 10 more from tomorrow quest completion. Hoping for something good as a price for long patience and self control :crossed_fingers:

24 Likes

This is the one I’ve been waiting for! I’ll be making around 40 pulls during this event. I’m
keeping my fingers crossed for C.Marjana!!

8 Likes

15 keys and gems for 10x pull stashed away.

Would like Leo’s costume. Not only because he was my first 5* from TC20, but because Jackal is kinda squishy against 11*+ titans lately and especially Chaos Spider likes to target him first every damn time. Also, I hope he’ll look like Leonidas from 300 in his costume. Now I would like his special would be renamed ‘Kick in Well’.

From acceptable milestones I would like to get Wu’s costume, solely for stat bonus. Would make possible to drop him to 9 tiles without giga-high Lv. mana troop. And Kelile’s, would make me level her up finally.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20210118_002651
A picture paints a thousand words :yum:

10 Likes

To all the key free-pull hoarders: Now that all the classic heroes has seen their first costume when would you pull from costumes chamber?

• As soon as the portal will open
  • When there will also be a nice HOTM

0 voters

2 Likes

Thorne will be amazing once his mana generation kicks in

Another option: when the costume you want is featured. =)

I’m hoping Costume Marjana is first featured, but if not, I’m willing to wait until next month…!

6 Likes

And another option: when non-Season 1 Heroes start being added to the Costume Chamber too.

5 Likes

I’ll invest 6000 gems and 12 keys. I hope I pull someone good…

3 Likes

Who gonna be featured? No way they gonna put maj and Leo the same time… Got to be on everyone’s list correct?
I’m going to do some pulls not sure how many as yet.

Really hoping that Marjana is featured, but it would be very much like Small Giant to feature two less desirable heroes, knowing that everybody’s going to pull a lot regardless.

1 Like

She is together Thorne is what I’ve read/saw. You still have to be lucky to pull a 5*, I’ve never gotten an 5* from this portal so far after almost a year playing.

2 Likes

I saw the same in the calendar. I think that I will wait until February, as I’m more interested in Leonidas’s costume rather than Marjana’s (as I 've got him maxed) and I’d like to get the HOTM from the next month.

Featured costumes are just a guess. I expect whatever costumes they consider most desirable to show up with the worst of hotm. So, whichever of Marj and Leo SGG thinks is least desirable in Jan, the more desirable one in Mar, and neither in Feb.

I do not get it
Today we have just one new costume hero as featured or all will be there

Each month two 5* get featured (higher draw chance). So probably the six new 5* costumes will get featured in jan/feb/mar. All six will be available to pull this month.

1 Like

@BraveGirl exactly what @DracoLovesRi said
All 5 star heroes (well, the 3* and 4* also) from S1 with their costumes will be available to summon in ~9 hours. But Khagan and Marjana will be the featured ones (the 1.3% chance), for the rest the chance will be even less friendly.

5 Likes