🎭 [MASTER] Updated Costume Event – The Masquerade – FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

The Updated Masquerade (Costume Chamber Portal & Quest)

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

# Start Time End Time Duration Version
1 2022-09-05T07:00:00Z 2022-09-08T07:00:00Z 3 days Azar…
2 2022-10-31T07:00:00Z 2022-11-03T07:00:00Z 3 days Ishhtak…
3 2022-12-26T07:00:00Z 2022-12-29T07:00:00Z 3 days Jahangir…
4 2023-02-20T07:00:00Z 2023-02-23T07:00:00Z 3 days Azar…

:information_source: Changes in the Masquerade

The Quest now has got 15 stages instead of 6.

Secondary Costumes are added to the portal:

• If you pull a hero which contains secondary costume too, then you will get both costumes.

:dizzy: Featured Costumes

*Each month there are 2x Legendary Costumes which are featured.

Historical Tracking of Featured Costumes

@jinbatsu has been recording the previous featured heroes in this spreadsheet: EP Calendar Quest, Atlantis, Event Logs & Guess - Google Sheets

:world_map: @cap’s Guide to The Masquerade

Azar, Renfeld, Gan Ju, Kelile... Version

Ishhtak, Berden, Sonya, Version

Jahangir, Valen, Kailani Version

:world_map: @birksg ’s Guide to The Masquerade

Isshtak, Berden, Sonya version

:world_map: @Zartanis ’s Guide to The Masquerade

Ishhtak, Berden, Sonya, Version

Jahangir, Valen, Kailani Version

:man_singer: Costume Chamber Summons

:dollar: Summon Cosrt

• Single summon: 5 Costume Keys or 350 Gems
  • 10x Summon: 3000 Gems

After 10 pulls there is a bonus chest which can be opened.

:left_speech_bubble: Discussion

• Are Costumes worth Summoning for?

• Which Heroes and Costumes did you get, and how will you use them?

• What do you think of the Special Skills, stats, and design of Costumes?

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community . Please include some comments about what you think of Costumes and Heroes when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumes, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving those Costumes (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving the Costume you wanted), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Costumes.

:framed_picture: Odds Explained

A nice summary graphic showing the odds & what you can expect from the various summons portals in game by @Dorkus:

:money_mouth_face: Offers

Price shown is in USD before taxes

This image is from the previous version, which is might changed now as the event 1 day longer.

:question: Questions?

If you have questions about the Costume Portal, The Masquerade Costume Quest, or Costumes, please post them down below.

You may also find @Guvnor’s thorough FAQ about Costumes useful: Hero Costume FAQs! Please read for answers to most questions before posting new questions

Also by @Guvnor is a comparison of the Uncostumed Hero vs. the Costume version. Compares the skills, damage & his opinion on which is ‘better’: Costumes... Whats the Point? Which is Better?

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team for & Results for The Masquerade!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

• What items did you use, if any?

• Which Stages did you defeat?

• Would you do anything different next time?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: Related Threads

The Old Masquerade Event

Beta:

Discussion about difficulty and rewards:

20 Likes

The price is increased? Or do I remember wrong from previous time.

Happy gaming

You remember wrong, costume summon has always been 1x 350 / 10x 3000 gems as you can see in Summary of Summon Portal Statistics / Odds / Appearance Rates which is linked in the OP.

2 Likes

15 stages haha :joy: well is a extra day…
got over 100 keys … They still do the rewards chest for summons yeah? As see where i am and fill it …
Still missing Kiril want bad …tibs and chao still on my missing list of 4* any 5* will be nice… :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for clarification.

1 Like

Checking the data I have at hand and it seems they toned it a bit down. It’s still only 10 keys in total but the last level is advertised for only 5000 TP instead of 5500 TP during beta.
And if my calculations are correct, the last stage bosses’ should have the following stats:
- 6447 attack - 1851 defense - 5923 hp
Not a big nerf but still toned down a bit.
I also checked for the first level, the mob and boss’ stats are still correct and it’s advertised for 1300 TP.

Also, many of the XP, food, and iron figures on @birksg guide seem off. I don’t have the courage to do my own guide or to gather all the values myself, at least not tonight.

On the other hand, I checked for the four first levels and for the last level and we are indeed getting these bosses (same as in beta then). But next time we will have another variant of this quest with different bosses, just like it used to be before the rework of this event.

5 Likes

Yes, there is a bonus chest for 10 puls.

2 Likes

This tune down make sense as the costume bonus is nerfed, and the quest was very hard in Beta.

2 Likes

Thank you for the heads up. I can’t remember tone down during beta but I will check again once it’s live. I only create other language guide but I will provide update data to other contents creators :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pardon my forgetfulness. Does the chamber only allow you to use heroes once?

No you can re-use your heroes like regular quests.

Curious to see if they introduce all new costumes at once?

2 Likes

Thanks Leejow! I don’t imagine they’ll release them all at once. They like the slow trickle to get gems used on different times.

Silly question: will all the costumes be released at once or 2 per each time the quest comes?

No, they will just add those costumes which I have added topics with costume_secondary tag.

But I am unsure if the rest is available in HA10 or not.

Announcement about it:

4 Likes

No, the other ones shouldn’t be available in HA10 until they show up in the portal for their first time.

1 Like

I can already see my teams on all stages: Miki, and Lady of the lake… these will be my 2 most used heroes throughout.
I look forward to it, I don’t mind the extra stages, but I do hate the lack of additional keys for the effort, especially since now if I add correctly, it’s 71 WE total. Can anyone remember how much WE the older ones were?

1 Like

Thanks but like stated… and more to come! so those will arrive at a later point, so not all secondary costumes at once.

According to the guides in the old masquerade master thread (which is linked in the OP), it was only 40WE.

2 Likes

Thanks, so that is quite a big leap, so that is genuinely annoying. Almost double the WE for the same amount of keys and extra effort.

3 Likes

I hope they improved rewards before release out of beta like they improved Rhys. Because otherwise it’s a joke.

About portal, for me decision tree is easy:

• If 2C-Viv is featured, maybe pull;
  • If not, no pull.
2 Likes