🌴 Costumed Roc - 5* Holy/ Yellow Costume from Sand Empire

New Sand Empire costume is released: Costumed Roc

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Roc, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Roc

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Fighter
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Sand Empire Sand
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Beach Party
  • All enemies recieve 672 Sand damage over 4 turns.
  • All enemies get -44% defense for 3 turns.
  • Dispells buffs from all enemies.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Sand Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

The sand damage is increased to 660 from 495, and the duration is 4 turns instead of 3.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Roc (Sand Empire Hero) Costume [Part of The Beta Beat v48]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Roc ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Roc.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Roc and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Roc worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Roc on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Roc ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Roc as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Roc Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Roc’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Roc and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Roc, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Roc when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Roc, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Roc (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Roc), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Roc(post release)

:question: Is Costumed Roc worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Roc would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Roc’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Over Time)
  • Defense Debuffer
  • Dispeller

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Roc compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Roc’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Rana’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Roc is better ?

• Normal Roc
  • Costumed Roc

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Roc worth giving Barbarian Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Roc is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Roc is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Roc worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Roc then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

Polls are for Rana but it only matters in primary purpose

Sorry about it.
Thx for noticing it.

I have fixed it.
I have kept those polls which contains unchanged poll options.
So only the primary purpose and which version is better polls are reset.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

2 Likes

Is it just me or does his special skill look underwhelming?

7 Likes

No priority dispel, no burn damage to stack sand and water DOT. His DOT is also the weakest amongst the three now. Disappointing hero.

3 Likes

Besides missing a great opportunity to make his alt as Phoenix (and giving him burn instead of sand damage), he didn’t get any buff during latest balance and he’s very underwhelming. Note that I have him maxed, because I lacked options at that time, but I didn’t use him at all like 1 year. And his costume is meh. I have C-Viv who does almost the same thing (and with mana troop at almost the same speed even) but she heals, so she is superior by far. Pass.

3 Likes

Totally underwhelming, not wasting my coins on this portal like I have been doing each year. Saving up for Halloween.

6 Likes

Or Kalevala if you thing the heroes worth there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve said this before, but they make him have 2 ailments as his primary form of offensive pressure and decided the dispel should be placed as the last skill…
At least with a priority dispel, he will be different from c viv

2 Likes

I totally missed that one, thanks for the headsup! So inspired by Finnish folkore poetry.

@PlayForFun It seems they buffed his sand damage to 660. He’s slightly better now

1 Like

sand heroes are the worst

Thx, I have added this information to the OP.
I think this was because of the balance update of the other Sand Empire costumes.

Also I have noticed that the turn count is now 4 instead 3.

I have also noticed that the defense down ailment turn count is still 3, while for the Sand Empire costumes have the same turn count for their secondary effects as the Sand/Water damage turn count.

Is this intended @Petri ?

So is the Sand Damage turn count is increased accidently or defense down turn count increase is missed ?
Or is this intended ?

Answer from Petri:

1 Like

I really like this Costume, and was lucky enough to pull it. I wrote a full review here:

Thanks.

9 Likes

Thanks for the the review, but I am curious which hero you don’t like?

2 Likes

I’ve got a few here:

But on the whole, I review new heroes who (imo) are designed to be better than old heroes, and also pick the highlights because they’re often the most interesting. And, it takes a lot of time for me to write, so I don’t tend to review entire families (even more reason to pick the great ones). I also review the HotM, who are often considered lesser (as I believe they’re supposed to be).

4 Likes

He needs no priority dispell, because he makes no direct damage.
Priority dispell would have a slight advantage against taunters.

Dispell and 44% def down on average is huge, the DoT is just an nice add on. He is great paired with costumed Rana, same speed, no interference with the water damage.

All in all no great but a decent hero.

Happy gaming

3 Likes

Priority dispel would still be helpful against ailment blockers like Garnet who would otherwise completely shut him down.

4 Likes

This is exactly the reason why I suggest he has priority dispel, it’s specifically for ailment shielders, and also to separate his niche with c Viv.

3 Likes