šŸŒ“ Costumed Roc - 5* Holy/ Yellow Costume from Sand Empire

Not sure why all the hate. Bid defense down to all and dispel to all in addition to what, 900 damage over 4 turns with troops? Decent enough.

3 Likes

Not only. It is important when fighting against any debuff/DOT blocker. If you donā€™t dispell first, the target will not get sand DOT.

Actually I donā€™t even know why they make him have DD. Because sand empire is not really about direct damage. Should have given him +30% damage amplifier for 4 turns so the DOT hurts more

The other advantage with sand DOT heroes is the gargoyles have no immunity to them where as they can evade poison/water/burn damage. Gives them a bit of an edge there.

9 Likes

I was seeking more 5 star heroes for Soul Exchange and just pulled this hero with my EHT stash. I dont get all the negativity with quite a few of the posts here - I think this is a fine hero - not amazing but still decent and good for various aspects of the game.

I donā€™t think we can expect the seasonal heroes to fully match up to the event portal heroes given E&Pā€™s recent standards since they can be summoned with EHTsā€¦ but he is not bad at all.

He is obviously an attack hero and will be good for raids and titans.

His forte is the defence down and there are not that many yellow defence down heroes. His 44% defence down at average speed is pretty awesome since it matches better with many attacking yellow heroes which are at fast to average speed. Sure he isnā€™t quite as good as costume Viv overall but the speed makes him more suited to an aggressive approach.

The dispel all is also excellent coupled with the defence down means when he fires he can potentially turn the whole raid around in your favour.

Sure the sand damage aint amazing but if you add the damage to the damage forthcoming from your other heroes / tiles after the defence down has been applied it all adds up.

11 Likes

I have maximized c. roc and the truth is that I think itā€™s very good, Iā€™m FTP so I donā€™t have a wide variety of yellow heroes, I have no doubts about breaking the limit and make his sand damage stronger

6 Likes

What path do you recommend for costumed Roc? Attack or rather defence and life? I would opt for attack but yet quite a few people recommend doing most heroes under defence and life: Empires and Puzzles Talent Grid Guide + Attack or Defense? ā€¢ OLD CYNIC

What do you think?

1 Like

If you will use him for def down on titans, I would go attack, for higher tile damage. If heā€™s for raid/war attacks ā€¦ I could make an argument both ways. Higher attack = higher sand damage, but also he doesnā€™t get as much use from his attack stat as someone whose special deals direct damage. More survivability means better chance of applying that def down (which I guess is true if using for titan, also).

Maybe also attack is better if you will use him in a mono attack team or on the majority side of 4-1, 3-2, 3-1-1, while on the short side, def/health might be better

2 Likes

Here is my Roc-c. I went all out on attack. And he has been a gamechanger in both offense, and in the defense. Believe it or not, fighter class and dispellā€¦ i have him with a 23 mana troop, and he does around 248 sand damage each turn, so if the attacks you throw dont kill them, his sand damage does.

5 Likes

Traditionally, defense down to all is a highly valued special skill, and dispel buffs from all is also a highly valued skill. This leads me to conclude that those that have reservations about him do so based on the fact that he does no direct damage.

Perhaps they consider ā€œdealing damageā€ as integral to his value, and he is one of the few heroes in the game that derives a significant part of his value from dealing damage but at the same time he only does DOT and no direct damage. I think in general most heroes like this are precluded from being elite, perhaps because DOT is too easily countered.

IMO, i weigh things slightly differently. I agree dealing 800 damage all at once is better than dealing 800 damage over time. However, the amount of DOT damage he does is so high that even if it doesnā€™t last for all possible turns, it still does a fair amount of damage. Just lasting 1 or 2 turns and that can amount to 200+ to 400+ damage. Thus in my mind, I expect the DOT to be truncated early but over many battles to average around 1-2 turns.

Viewing him through this lens (average speed hero that does 200-400+ damage, defense down of 44% to all, and dispel buffs) I think of him as an elite hero.

1 Like

This is with a 23 mana troop, charged in 9 tiles. In 2 rounds he has made almost 500 damageā€¦ you got to bring a cleanser against him or you are screwed if he goes of. He can do more dot over 2 turns then some top heroes do on their first charge at averageā€¦ like said above, i think people underestimate him A LOT.

5 Likes

Try firing Kara - C. Roc - C. Leonidas in that order. They are all average speed. After that each yellow tiles on board will hit for about 400-500 damage (3-2 formation). Add that to C.Rocā€™s DOT. That is just sick

Given this poll and how often I see him on opposing teams I have to conclude C. Roc is maybe the best kept secret in the game.

I pair him with C. Rana.
They both fire after 9 tiles with lvl. 23 and lvl17 mana troops.
Two rounds after they fired its usually over: three opponents dead, two seriously maimed.

Happy gaming

2 Likes

I have him maxed +20 and will LB him after next yellow omega quest, he is a real killer.
In raids I use often this team:

I win with this team against the best defenses in the game in 3 out of four attacks, here are two examples:

Roc is essential for these victories: His massive defdown softens the opponents, so cost. Joon can oneshot the most dangerous opponent, his DoT combined with cost. Ranas DoT kills a whole wing plus center in three turns. Rhys and his overheal is tasked to keep the team alive to ā€žoutsufferā€œ the opponent.
Cost. Roc is the centerpiece of this team.

Happy gaming

3 Likes

I was a bit bummed when I pulled him last summer based on the early reviews. Granted Iā€™m FTP but he is great! On my war defense, PVE team, and love attacking with him.

1 Like

Heā€™s probably great for clearing hordes in Monster Island. :thinking:

Wouldnā€™t mind getting him now, since ages ago I maxed him because of lack of better options and yellow dispellers got increase in stocks because of omnipresent LB2 Ludwigs. And his Costume got a stat buff, so he now has +5% mana.

3 Likes

I still to this day use him every war and almost every raid. Even more now since all the new heroes and lb2.

5 Likes

Me too, one of my 5 best heroesā€¦

Happy gaming

3 Likes