:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Sand Empire Sand
Image Aether Power Description
dodge Dodge At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% chance to dodge Special Skills that deal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Sand Cyclone
  • All enemies receive 306 damage over 3 turns.
  • All enemies get -50% decrease for any healing received for 2 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.
  • Dispels status ailments from all allies.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Sand Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Roc from the last-seen Beta stats, skill & design.

Beta Summary

From beta-beat thread:

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Roc?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Roc.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Roc and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Roc worth summoning for?

• Would you use Roc on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Roc?

• What heroes would you take when facing Roc as an opponent?

• Would you give Roc Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Rocā€™s special?

• What do you think of Rocā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Roc and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Roc, and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Roc when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Roc , you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Roc (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Roc), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Seasonal Event Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Seasonal Event Legendary Hero?

Itā€™s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 4.9% chance of summoning a particular Seasonal Legendary Hero.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 39 times out of 100, youā€™ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, youā€™ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 598
  • 99 times out of 100, youā€™ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 919

Putting that in Perspective

• 61 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 610,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 598th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 598 times, 50,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

• Hero Card Index Thread - coming soon

Other Sand Empire Heroes:

Sand Empire 2020 Threads:

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Roc (post release)

:question: Is Roc worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only if youā€™re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Roc would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Rocā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Offence oriented Damage Dealer
  • Defence oriented Damage Dealer
  • Healing Inhibitor
  • Cleanser

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Roc compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Rocā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match its Base Stats?

Note this means its Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Roc worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Roc is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Roc is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

IMHO, as he has been changed to average mana, his healing reduction should last longer.

2 rounds is OK for a fast heroe, but with average mana, you will need to decide whether you want the damage and the dispel or the health reduction. Otherwise you need to be very lucky to find a situation where you can use all of his skills useful

8 Likes

Super dissapointed he was changed to average. This hero needed to be fast to be viable in the age of Telly. Would have been perfect cleanser for yellow.

8 Likes

I hope they shock us and return him to fast. Everyone in beta screamed for thatā€¦guess we will see

3 Likes

Auron Bladeā€™s YouTube video puts Roc as a fast mana generating hero. We will only know when the mythical bird will be released in a couple of days. My 3/70 Rana is waiting for over a year.

Was good but then neutered. (Thanks Telly)

4 Likes

Donā€™t understand the average nerf at all. Damage is right in line with fast JF who is not really a world beater as is tbh.

3 Likes

Jean Francois has his other uses, especially to several Springvale heroes. You do not rely a heroā€™s strength based on his offensive skills alone, but to his/her other skills as well.

1 Like

I donā€™t get itā€¦at average speed Rana runs circles around this guy.

Why all the hype for a new shiny hero then remove its lustre ?

Turning every single thing on itā€™s head doesnt portray attentiveness, instead it shows incompetence.

8 Likes

Well thatā€™s kind of my point. JF is another hero with ~300ish DOT/all and useful secondary abilities, and they gave him fast mana. Iā€™m not trashing JF, but no one is really accusing him of breaking the game either, so I donā€™t know why you wouldnā€™t do the same with Roc.

In addition, the healing nerf becomes kind of useless on offense because most defensive healers are at tank, so it usually goes to waste at average speed.

4 Likes

He corrected the mistake in his video in the comments section. Donā€™t get your hopes up of Roc being released as fast speed lol.

Hmnnn. Interesting. Lemme check

seems to be something between Rana and Yunan. may also work on defense, i.e. as Ursena flank? The healing block can be a strong tool on offense though (of course depends on enemy team formation). Cleanse to all is nice. hero is not bad. Personally I would have been more interested in a fast cleanser, (no zimkitty hereā€¦) but anyhow, my holy queue is long enough alreadyā€¦

Looking this over, it seemsā€¦ super weak. I guess the goal is to keep activating the special just before a healer goes off each time, and hope to eventually work down the enemy teamā€™s health? But to me, that seems to signify a long, drawn-out battle, and I hate those.

And here I was hoping to try to get a better Yellow 5* than my 3-70 Ranvir; guess Iā€™m in no rush to get 6 darts.

Good gaming!

1 Like

Heā€™s so similar to Rana now he doesnā€™t add anything to the game. I wish he wasnā€™t holy.

Nothing to get excited about at average speed. What a bummer.

2 Likes

Well, seeing as how Vivica is currently the only yellow hero that dispels ailments, Roc will definitely have value on offense

2 Likes

Seems pretty meh. Hard passā€¦
If i snag him off some free eht somehow, Iā€™d max him just cause, but definitely not a hero Iā€™d consider chasing or advise anyone else to either

Better heroes coming, would save your gems folksā€¦

6 Likes

Looking at him in real game now, I am really not impressed.

Closest comparison is to JF who is 1) fast 2) dealing DOT across 2 turns not 3.

And still JF doesnā€™t even make it to my main red squad as heā€™s too weakā€¦ heck, nowadays I donā€™t even take him to finisher attacks on wars.

Average cleanse may help yellows, but is that a selling point over Vivicaā€™s slow cleanse but with almost everyone already having Vivica on max?

Healing block is situational, even on offense kinda difficult to time it correctly, on defense no impact.

So my take on thisā€¦ At the point where I am so desperate to max any yellow to help my stack that I consider maxing Owl, if I pull Roc, I would still max Owl first. At least I have some druid emblems to spare.

1 Like