:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Sand Empire Sand
Image Aether Power Description
counterattack Counterattack At the start of each battle, this Hero counterattacks with 60% of the damage received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Sand Storm
  • Deals 185% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies receive 402 damage over 3 turns.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -75% healing received for 2 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • Cures status ailments from the caster.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Sand Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Seasonal Event Legendary Hero?

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 4.9% chance of summoning a particular Seasonal Legendary Hero.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 39 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 598
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 919

Putting that in Perspective

• 61 out of every 100 people won’t get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 610,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 598th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 598 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads:

Other Sand Empire Hero Threads:

Old Rana Thoughts/ Discussion Threads:

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Rana (post release)

:question: Is Rana worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Rana would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Rana’s Primary Purpose is?

• Offence oriented Damage Dealer
  • Defence oriented Damage Dealer
  • Healing Inhibitor

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Rana compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Rana’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Rana worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Rana is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Rana is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Summoned her last year using a x10 pull. She is still stuck at 3/70, hesitant to ascend her since I prioritized others. I have maxed Drake Lee, Joon and costume, Onatel, Poseidon and Gazelle. Sitting on 16 darts (17th from the POV but soon) and I may ascend her as my 6th maxed holy legendary surely if I don’t get Roc. But even if I got the new SandEmpire hero, Rana would still be ascended, unless I changed my mind and ascend a second Joon + costume or second Gazelle or 3/70 Vivica (if I get her costume). I was also thinking of dividing them holy legendary heroes to 2 teams, all fast in one team (Drake, Joon and Poseidon), all average in another (Rana would fit in with Onatel and Gazelle). They will be accompanied by Lady Wool, Jackals, Gretel and other 4 star holy heroes.

Got her last year but just maxed her yesterday. I’m super pleased with DoT. Clarissa and Rana are super good together.

1 Like

Would you ascend Roc first over Rana? I kind of like Rana a bit better although Roc’s cleanse all is nice in this current Telly-Vela-GM meta. It’s a shame only average speed tho.

1 Like

Really hoping to get Rana. Only a few EHTs though. Just a few more days. I can’t wait to try! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Got her last year, and ascended her a couple months ago as my 3rd maxed Yellow 5*. I use her in a mono stack with costumed Joon, costumed Li Xiu, Inari and Lady Woolerton. Rana makes a great finisher; I usually leave healers for last (except if they’re Ariel) so her heal block and DoT are invaluable for me.

2 Likes

Unless they buff up Roc from what was reported in beta, I’d definitely go with Rana.

1 Like

If Roc is released as is, then I will ascend Rana. Until the new SandEmpire hero is released in the live game, I will have to see

1 Like

Today must be my lucky day…did 4 single summons today and got Yunan on one earlier and just got Rana on my third.

3 Likes

Annotation 2020-07-02 222000

Nature chest>casual one shot EHT>Rana>awkward happiness

2 Likes

What is the best path for Rana using emblems ? I have Vela, GN, Clarissa and want to do a quad status ailment combo , thanks in advancing

Sword path, of course. The higher the attack stat is, the higher the DoT would be.

1 Like

Mine is full attack. I use her only on offense, her DOT is no joke if you add the troops…
I really like her.

Thanked for the picture , I have the ninja troop so I definitely go ahead with attack, is she good on defense team ? What about dispell status ailments from nearby allies?

I think the normal Rana needs buff, do you agree?

2 Likes

Even the Costumed Rana needs a buff.
Same as Yunan

2 Likes

Rana, Roc…even some S1 heroes are better xD

2 Likes

Sand Empire is a joke compared to other seasonal events.

1 Like

That you say is sad…but true!
Hope this summer they will make some renovations, beyond the visual ones (taller heroes;), to the Sand Empire cards eg. Specials that can work together (and not be the same), add more colours than only two to 5* etc. Seeing season5, imho, they will probably add some juice to the next Summer Season Family!