ℹ Costumed Athena – 5* Ice/Blue - Jul 2017 HotM Costume

New HOTM Costume is Released: Costumed Athena

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Athena, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Athena

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Barbarian
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Tavern of Legends Legends 2017
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Dispel on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, they dispel the newest status effect buff from all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Athena’s Arrow
  • Deals 290% damage to a single enemy and minor damage to nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -41% defense, and a further -4% decrease every time that they are hit for 3 turns.
  • All Fire enemies get -34% defense against Ice for 3 turns.
  • Elemental Link gives all Ice allies +15% attack and +15% defense for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2017 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +5% / +10% / +15% mana generation.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Sep 2023

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

This section will be updated after release.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of HoTM Costumes (Round 6 of costumes in general) [Part of The Beta Beat v42]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Athena ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Athena.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Athena and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Athena worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Athena on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Athena ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Athena as an opponent?

• Would you give Athena Ranger Emblems in order to have Costumed Athena emblemed ? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Athena’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Athena and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Athena, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Athena when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Athena, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Athena (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Athena), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Athena (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Athena worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Athena would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Athena’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Defense Debuffer
  • Elemental Defense Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Athena compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Athena’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Athena’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Athena is better ?

• Normal Athena
  • Costumed Athena

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Athena worth giving Ranger Emblems to the original hero ?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Athena is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Athena is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

3 Likes

I’d love the costume just to further boost her stats on regular, I have better EDD in Frida so the costume is redundant but if you’re relying on Nordri perhaps the costume is worthwhile to use on titans.

8 Likes

This hero can free up 1 slot in the titan attacking team as it gives defense and elemental defense down too, but yes @Shunt is right, there are better Ice defense down heroes.

8 Likes

I summoned her this morning @Shunt .

Now, I might be able to beat your Titan scores :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

This new costume hero is freaking amazing. I used to bring Frida (w/mana troops to make her fast), CMagni and a blue sniper but now I just need CAthena and 2 blue sniper. Yes her EDD is lower but the higher DD more then makes up for it and the most important part is the extra slot opening. Great in a blue raid team.

4 Likes

This exactly currently I’m using Bobo (3-70) and Nordri. She will replace both and then I can use a different 5* hero like Miki-c or Cathal both of which are maxed for me. She will greatly increase my titan damage

Not really too excited, if I get her in the future I won’t complain but I’ll stick with Bobo and Frida for now and save my tokens for a different set of heroes. She will be a nice upgrade for those that don’t have Frida or Arthur in their lineups.

Why wouldn’t you be using Miki now for Titans, I would love to have a Miki on my team

You can just bring Athena c, frida and 1 sniper with you. Works better than Athena c with 2 snipers.

Athena and frida both hit 3 targets so more damage than just with 2 snipers, or you can even element def down the whole team if necessary.

And for all those new with Athena, wait one turn and put a lot of stones into the target or best pair her either with minions or dot heroes to trigger max defense down much faster.

1 Like

I still use Miki, I mis-typed, I meant Magni-c. good catch

1 Like

I like Athena very much :blue_heart: I’ve been trying to get her since I started playing this game, but only if there’s a little bit higher chance of pulling her (when she’s is featured).

Today I attempted to summon her again. You can see who I got, if interested.

@SamMe, I wish I could get her as easily as I got Pixie :-)))

7 Likes

Merry Christmas to you all!
My gift today was Athena, I have always thought she was a sexy hero card… :joy:

:two_hearts:

5 Likes

@Jura Holy moly ^^ it’s still insane how many 4* you got!! :open_mouth: it’s impossible the rate. So many many 4*, I never had that. Congrats on yellow 5 though.

2 Likes

I don’t get it

Her costume seems significantly… Worse [to me]

1. Less SS damage
  2. No extra damage vs fire
  3. Defense down lasts three turns vs four
  4. Barbarian class vs ranger (so no pierce)
  5. & The worst EDD in the game, that not only works on purely fire heroes, as well as only lasting three turns vs most do at four, but also is 20% less than next lowest

So umm, idk, guess I don’t get all the hype? Sure, a great hero if you didn’t already have Athena prior, but if ya did, she’s a clear down-grade…

You’ll still need Frida/Arthur/Nordri to put out the highest scores [in ice], (so doesn’t even save a slot, which kinda seems like her #1 purpose was supposed to be)

Oh well, a stat boost is a stat boost, I guess… (and being able to swap the art is something I spose too). So shouldn’t be entirely bummed I pulled her, but… sigh definitely the worst HOTM costume [to date].

She sure is cute tho :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

I slightly disagree.

Athena is godly against titans, and her costume is more so because you have the ability to use items.

I understand she is dealing less up front damage but what makes the costume so good is you get to clear up another slot.

For Example Regular Athena:

Athena, Frida, Miki, Jott, Krampus costume

Here you have a nice mixture of everything you need, def down, elemental down, tile damage up, etc

If you run the costume though you can free an additional slot up and deal more damage

For Example Costume Athena:

Athena-C Miki Jott Krampus Costume Vela.

While you lose 20% elemental def down you are able to double your damage with crit, or with any other hero that has critical strike chance.

Okay so why don’t we just go:

Athena Frida Jott Vela Miki?

Because now you’re missing an additional 30% on your normal attack.

I think you could argue it’s better to just run:

Athena Frida Miki Alexandrine Krampus

But personally losing 64% attack on titles hurts.

2 Likes

The stat boost is the only reason I wanted the costume. My Athena is my only LB 5*, since she was 50 points or so below the rest of my main defense team and now she’s my strongest hero.

Didn’t get her though, but I did get Grazul.

1 Like

Thank you very much @Jaamiee :blush: To tell the truth, I didn’t even notice how many 4* heroes I got :-)) I got rid of all of them immediately :grimacing:

I agree with you 100%…I’ll just use the stat boost. Also, for mythic I WILL use costume Athena by herself and my Frida with say Morel for two different teams. Outside of mythic it’s normal Athena all day long.

4 Likes

Got her and since I didn’t have Athena at all and wanted her badly, of course I am incredibly happy (my probably most desired hero along with Alfrike):

Of course her debuff is super useful for titans: I have preview in Sun and she made my damage skyrocket with Zenobia, BT, Falcon and Miki in team. Athena is stronger and less squishy.

For Costume, I lack Frida or Arthur and have only Nordri, so even costume will be handy to me. For regular use regular Athena seems to be better deal though. Either way, costume bonus is handy.

And she’s pretty (though some additional modesty wouldn’t hurt).

9 Likes