ℹ Costumed Alasie – 5* Ice/Blue - May 2018 HOTM Costume

New HOTM Costume is Released: Costumed Alasie

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Alasie, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Alasie

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Rogue
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Tavern of Legends Legends 2018
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Cleanse on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, they cleanse the newest status ailment from all allies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Arrow of Nujalik
  • Deals 436% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies
  • Reduces the mana of the target and nearby enemies by 10%.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -24% mana generation for 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Ice allies +5% attack and +5% defense for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2018 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% defense.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Aug 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Sep 2023

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Alasie from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of HoTM Costumes (Round 6 of costumes in general) [Part of The Beta Beat v42]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Alasie ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Alasie.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Alasie and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Alasie worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Alasie on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Alasie ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Alasie as an opponent?

• Would you give Ranger Emblems to normal Alasie to have Costumed Alasie emblemed ? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Alasie’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Alasie and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Alasie, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Alasie when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Alasie, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Alasie (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Alasie), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Alasie (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Alasie worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Alasie would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Alasie’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Mana Cutter
  • Mana Generation Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Alasie compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Alasie’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Alasie’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Alasie is better ?

• Normal Alasie
  • Costumed Alasie

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Alasie worth giving Ranger Emblems to the orignal hero ?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Alasie is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Alasie is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

2 Likes

C- Alasie will be one of the best blue heroes in the game. You heard it here first! Hits a single target for a good amount. Does damage to nearby, Mana cuts and lowers mana generation for target and nearby! Plus, she is a rogue now? Awesome hero. I hope I get her.

10 Likes

I finished ToL and purchased the deal (5 pulls), had 8 coin pulls in total banked. Got her on the 4th coin pull, super happy she will be ascended once I finish Crystalis!

3 Likes

just got her, I am unsure if she fits my defence team. might be usefull stats are low

Stats are NOT low. She gets an automatic 10% defense boost due to the HOTM family she’s in. Juice her attack/defense with emblems and she’s on par with S4 full emblemed stats easily.

1 Like

Definitely op. No any word.

She is amazing in both defense and offense. I plan to limit break her.

2 Likes

Well, I guess we have a new meta #1 blue defender

1 Like

I got her and I have to decide between her and Mr. Pengi. Not sure which way to go.

1 Like

Didnt think i would pull her but i gave in and made a 10pull and got her!! Really happy… but now im thinking if i should ascend her or Milena… a good problem to have certainly.

2 Likes

Allasie with costume > Mr. Pengi.

Pengi requires minions to be OP, that means you need more tiles or a blue teammate that doesn’t do much. Lack of synergy if you want to restrict to 7-tiles team.

Alassie easily fits in a 3-2 team.

In addition, the most powerful status effects aside from killing the opponent are mana reduction and mana speed reduction. Alassie does both to three at fast speed.

8 Likes

@e-man i have the same problem, just ascended mr. pengi and krampus with costume, now i have one set of scopes left which i was about to give to milena for sure, now i got alasie costume and don’t know who to ascend with the last set… but i’m leaning towards milena

1 Like

Melina is a beast, 20 chars

1 Like

I think I would stick with Milena. She is fantastic. I will be doing Alasie and Costume next when I get scopes. Sitting at Zero as I just finished Gaillard. I definitely think the costume addition justifies the ascension 100%

1 Like

I just drew c Alassie, I also have Pengi and Passepartout, my maxed blues are Skadi. Lepus, Magni, Krampus, Miki Alexandrine, and Glenda also have c Isarnia at 3/70, I’m kind of thinking leave Passepartout at 3/70 and going Alassie first, any opinions ?

Im running blue mono and for me, ascension depends if the hero can improve my team. I currently run KirilCB-Magni-Frida-Athena-Lepus- they all charge in 9 tiles. I was thinking Milena could replace KirilCB as the faster heal/cleanse can keep me alive. But then cAlasie replacing Magni is also very awesome, kill one side with the athena/frida/lepus combo and disable the other side with alasie.

1 Like

C. Alasie did well in the recent war at 4th position. Wasted 9 flags from the opponent. They had 0 1-shot.

Full team: Ruby, Frigg, Bera, Alasie, Faline

2 Likes

This is just a PSA about these costumes.

What a lot of people miss when it comes to HoTM costumes such as Alasie, or Drake is that their HoTM bonus applies for just one hero.

Alasie fully emblemed on attack path is
Attk: 879
Def:791
HP: 1541

In comparison to newer heroes such as season 4 heroes it would appear she is squishier. This in fact not always true.

For example: Moreau on attack path ends up as

Attk:872
Def: 853
HP: 1554

Alaise gains an additional 79 defense from her bonus making her defense 870

That is an additional 17 def and 7 attack over Moreau once factored in. That is a reasonable compensation for her lower health by 13 points, after all, she is meant more as a utility sniper.

Her base stats I would argure are just as strong if not stronger than some current meta heroes. Her Elemental Link gives an additional 55 attack and 46 def as well. While the link appears minimal it’s actually enough to keep her base stats in line with new heroes that are coming out.

Just my opinion/thought.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve been saying this same thing for a while now…repeated it in the Drake vs Moreau thread. The HOTM bonus for defense/attack is awesome. Even better when using two of the same vintage.