ℹ Costumed Aegir – 5* Ice/Blue - October 2018 HotM Costume

New HOTM Costume Released: Costumed Aegir

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Aegir, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Aegir.

Costumed Aegir

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Monk
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Tavern of Legends Legens 2018
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-immunity Ailment Immunity At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Cleanse on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, they cleanse the newest status ailment from all allies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Glacial Resilience
  • All allies share received damage with each other for 3 turns.
  • All allies get +30% defense, and a further 5% increase every time they are hit during 3 tuns.
  • All allies regenerate 549 HP over 3 turns.
  • Elemental Link recovers 4% health for all all Ice allies for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2018 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% defense.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Sep 2023

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Aegir from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 3 of HoTM Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v54]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Aegir ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Aegir.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Aegir and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Aegir worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Aegir on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Aegir ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Aegir as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Aegir Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Aegir’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Aegir and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Aegir, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Aegir when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Aegir, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Aegir (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Aegir), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Aegir (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Aegir worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Aegir would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Aegir’s Primary Purpose is?

• Shared Damage Buffer (Allies)
  • Defense Buffer
  • Healer (Over Time)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Aegir compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Aegir’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Aegir’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Aegir’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Aegir is better ?

• Normal Aegir
  • Costumed Aegir

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Aegir worth giving Paladin Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Aegir is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Aegir is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Aegir worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Aegir then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

Only reason that I can think of that anyone would want cAegir that they would already have his original form leveled and emblemed. Even than he might not be worth it.

Additional healing is nice though.

FYI, I have him fully leveled, LB and emblemed.

I am sure you already guessed it, I am F2P

1 Like

This is ridicolous!

He will be the first buffer hero with average speed and 3 turns buff!
And he would be subpar or average in competing vs current buffers if he was 4 turns.

Buff before release please!

3 Likes

Had Aegir emblemed for years due to lack of other Paladins. If I remember correctly, the last time I used him anywhere was the first instances of a paladin emblem quest, so that my team has some kind of healing…

Stripped him now to give the emblems to Ludwig.

He needs a lot of buffing and this costume as well. Make him more dangerous, add to his special something like

• increases the mana of all allies by 10% or
  • all allies receive a moderate amount of mana over 4 turns or
  • copies the special skill of one of his nearby allies (random) or
  • copies the special skill of a random target or
  • turns the next enemy special into a mindless attack for the next 3 turns or
  • mimics the latest special skill that was cast or
  • unleashes all enemy team’s passives randomly on the enemy team
1 Like

This guy does three thing but any of them well:

• Shared damage has short duration, especially for average speed skill.
  • Defense increase is low (incremental, yes, but still).
  • Healing is low and it’s not even HP boost.

Compare him to Zircon, who has at 2x charge (~Average speed), lower healing but actual boost, slightly higher defense, and shared damage replaced by dispel block, on top of having better stats, much better family bonus, and possibility to fire sooner when for example negation of defense down is needed. Also same color.

No reason to try to pull for this guy.

1 Like

Not worth it. In some ways the classic is better healing.

Totally not worth pulling/ascending. And that’s great. We need more heroes like that, to preserve the very last pieces of sanity.

I’m genuinely gobsmacked by how bad the costume is.

• The original is a paladin - which works incredibly well in conjunction with his HOTM bonus (increased defence) and additional defence as part of his skill
  • The original ‘heal with tile damage’ is (from what I remember) a unique, and therefore interesting, skill.
  • The original at least looks half-decent

The costume’s heal is so poor, especially in this day and age. It would have been decent in 2018.
At least make it boosted health.
Or add a small amount of mana.
Or increase mana gain.
Or do what Aeron’s new skill does and remove the negative status effects.
Or block new status effects

Just awful.

Killhare’ll be happy she’s got a carrot buddy though.

If it was even 30% damage reduction then it would be a gamechanger.
I dig the costume though, it’s one of the better designed costumes because it actually looks like what a costume for a hero should be
These are quite old HOTMs, they should have higher quality effects. If they can do it to c Perseus, why not him?

1 Like

@PlayForFun

Might it be possible to adjust this poll as well as other polls with ‘hero design’ (awesome, refreshingly new, meh, fail,…)?

We used to go after heroes, collect them, loved them and tried to integrate them in a team.
Nowadays with the abundance of heroes, some of them never leave the bench because they are outdated, some of these are such gems you really have to admire them, keep them in your collection (and use them on easy Tavern-stages😋). The most evident example is Red Hood.

Therefore I think an additional question in your poll might be interesting in order to praise a hero for other reasons than gameplay.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Ok, I can adjust the poll of these new Tavern costumes with this question, and I will add this for any upcoming heroes.

1 Like

I say c aegir’s design is refreshingly new. It’s a costume that is not within the theme of the hero. In this case c aegir is given a farmer theme which is in contrast with the blue icy stature he has. He gets out of his battle armor and dons on farmer-wear, loose clothing with farming equipment. And he legit looks like he’s wearing a pair of sneakers due to the snow covering part of his shoes and making it look like shoelaces. The hat looks a little bit off though. He’s like a farmer frozen by an arctic spell
I say there’s some thought put into the design of this costume. It’s really nice and one of the better costumes.

1 Like

I prefer the original in an offensive off color stack. Use him with Ratatoskr and Tarlak and each tile heals for over 700+. Original copy definitely has its uses.

5 Likes

I’m using him on attack and he is great, like a big ice shield for everyone! But on def, that health needs to be boosted and definitely 4 turns.

Look at him and look at M&M… come on.

1 Like