Zocc – 5* Nature/ Green - August 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

New HOTM RELEASED for August 2020: Zocc

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Zocc, as well as your thoughts on him.

If you’d like to discuss whether Zocc is appropriately balanced, or possibly in need of a buff or nerf, please see this thread instead: ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Zocc

:bar_chart: Stats

Zocc

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Rogue
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 796 781 1456
4/90 911 894 1666
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2020
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resists: This Hero has an innate resistance against Water damage.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Keyknife Typhoon
  • Deals 320% damage to the target.
  • Increases the mana of the target by 50%.
  • The target automatically casts Mindless Attack on a random ally when mana is full during 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Nature Allies +30% defense against Special Skills for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2020 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% healing.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

August 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Zocc from his last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on the August 2020 HOTM (Zocc)

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Zocc?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Zocc.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Zocc and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Zocc worth summoning for?

• Would you use Zocc on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Zocc?

• What heroes would you take when facing Zocc as an opponent?

• Would you give Zocc Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Zocc’s special?

• What do you think of Zocc’s character design?

• If you Summoned Zocc and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Zocc, and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Zocc when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Zocc , you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Zocc (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Zocc), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

NOTE: If you’d like to discuss whether Zocc is appropriately balanced, or perhaps in need of a buff or nerf, please see this thread instead: ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Zocc

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

9 Likes

Feedback Poll - Zocc (post release)

:question: Is Zocc worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Zocc would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Zocc’s Primary Purpose is?

• Sniper (Primary Damage)
  • Support Damage Dealer
  • Mana Controller

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Zocc compared to other Heroes?

Note Discuss Balance issues more here: ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Zocc

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Zocc’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Zocc worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Zocc is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Zocc is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

3 Likes

@Guvnor, just as heads up, you should change “Noor” to “Zocc” at the beginning of the thread when you have time. Thanks for creating the thread.

4 Likes

He’s like the forced merger of Merlin, Kingston, and Teenage Yoda.

11 Likes

My first thought was, “That looks like Beast Boy!”

11 Likes

I really like Zocc. I know I won’t pull him (will only do a 10 pull at Vahalla) but I like his stats and special.

1 Like

I like him too. I like using Hansel and this just seems like a slightly slower and beefier version of Hansel with the added special skills defense from the elemental link. He wouldn’t replace my Lianna, but he might replace Lianna #2 on fights.

2 Likes

against grazul he’s suicidel

3 Likes

With thia hero, I can now justify ascending my 3/70 average mana Greg obtained in 2018 on his month of release as HOTM. Zocc’s deals measly damage and his Mindless Attack may not get hold on to emblemed monk class heroes. What a waste. Good thing I am still not pulling much this month.

1 Like

I think he’s a cool hero and fits the mold of the past few HotM, which I think is likely a trend for the somewhat foreseeable future.

I think SG found the cap of what they can make heroes do before breaking the game. They also realized they had enough “one man army heroes” and had to go back to making heroes that are great at certain things and fill a role, but need to be part of a team. They aren’t a team in and of themselves.

I think that’s how 3* and 4* teams work for the most part and originally 5* teams were intended to be until they got carried away. They’re still correcting.

I think Zocc himself fills somewhat of a void of no 5* being able to do what the Merlin-type heroes do at 4*. Most abilities have a 3*-4*-5* progression and he completes that.

I likely won’t get him as I am not planning to summon, but would be happy if I did. He’d be fun to throw onto raid/war teams and tinker with for sure :+1:

Although I missed what his innate ability is, just saw a water symbol. Can he not take water damage from Vela or something. I apologize if it was written and I missed it.

Good luck out there and good luck summoning :+1:

:beers:

11 Likes

Does his water resistance work during S2 Underwater stages? I mean, will he be damaged after end of Oxygen? This is “water damage” too, isn’t it?

1 Like

If Clarissa can resist poison dmg on poison mist stages, then Zocc should be able to resist water damage on underwater stages. (Not that its particularly helpful in either case)

3 Likes

I hate this artwork…ugh. Please SG don’t go this direction with the art! But the card is decent. 5* Merlin in green, not bad. I’d be happy if I got him, but not pulling for him.

3 Likes

I wish SG would have combined the “increase mana” and “mindless attack” together. If they did, then that would negate the possibility of Monk or Cleric classes only getting the mana bonus from Zocc.

4 Likes

Dear @Guvnor , it seems to me that it would be correct to close the topic with early information about Zokk. Otherwise, there is a scattering of messages, some people write on this topic with early information, some here. It is very inconvenient to read and track. :kissing_heart: :blush:

He’s also risky against Monks and Clerics. Clerics (for Monk healers there is MT and Tangled BT only I believe) are the ones I would like to use him the most so they won’t heal, but if their talent triggers then they will heal faster. Many monks have also annoying statuses (Wu with his Gambler Stance, Drake and his Blind …) so same problem. And of course HotM with innate resistance. Would use him against Alfrike though ;-).

1 Like

He’s looking good, maybe he even smells good, but he’s no fighter. Those hotm are disappointing lately and from what I see will be till at least November :fox_face:

1 Like

Foreseeable future?
Bao yang, purple tank zulag, glenda, and reuben.
All 4 are nice.

Far as Zocc. Hes totally average nothing special

1 Like