Grace – 5* Nature / Green - September 2022 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

New HOTM Released for 2022 September: Grace

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Grace, as well as your thoughts on Grace.

Grace

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Druid
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 819 830 1573
4/90 937 949 1800
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2022
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Mana on Taunt
Each time an enemy receives a Taunt status effect this character’s mana is increased by 10%.
:no_entry_sign: Resist: Resist Burn
Ths character has innate resistance against Burn.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Mailson of the Wildlands
  • Deals 335% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies cannot cast any new Taunt status effects for 3 turns.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -34% defense against Special Skills for 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies immunity to new Fiends for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2022 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Sep 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Grace from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early information on the September 2022 HOTM -- Grace [Part of The Beta Beat V49]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Grace ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Grace.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Grace and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Grace worth summoning for?

• Would you use Grace on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Grace ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Grace as an opponent?

• Would you give Grace Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Grace’s character design?

• If you Summoned Grace and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Grace, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Grace when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Grace, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Grace (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Grace), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

_Special thanks to @Garanwyn & @zephyr1 for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

7 Likes

Feedback Poll - Grace (post release)

:question: Is Grace worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Grace would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Grace’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Taunt Blocker
  • Defense Debuffer
  • Immuniser against Fiends (Elemental Link)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Grace compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Grace’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Grace’s Base Stats?

Note this means Grace’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Grace worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Grace is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Grace is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Grace worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Grace then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

3 Likes

If I get her… Ok… But as presently constituted, she is ok… Just ok. Her special actually fights against her passive… But i get it… Though i hate that costume sabina is better as a debuff/buff preventer.

4 Likes

This hero isnt great compared to the OP green heroes that have been released recently, and I love how it is pretty good counter to Krampus, who was nerfed prior to releasing C-BK who is much better, and this HOTM is not an ideal counter to BK due to being green. More nonsense from SG.

1 Like

Seems like a pretty good hitter for a Hotm? Can´t think of a better hit-3 Hotm anyway, definitely not in green. Plus some nice extras, so I am up for it, don´t have Quenell/Naddaha etc. She´d be top of my leveling queue for green 5 stars for sure, but I have to admit competition isn´t especially tough there…

3 Likes

Iris? 325% + minor to nearby + higher stats + increased dmg to fire + dispel-over-time.
for me she is at least comparable if not better. At least not limited to counter taunters, deals just as well with riposte.

2 Likes

Minor nearby as you said. I was talking about a stronger hit-3. Damage wise I´d say there is a lot more damage here than with Iris, but I do agree Iris extras are probably better.
Also Zagrog has a bigger hit (well and he´s only average), but it´s also minor nearby.
Now that I think of it how many other fast hit-3 Hotm are there at all?

5 Likes

You’re right, and even if we can disagree if she is #1 or #2, she is a really good HOTM.
And will make a good pair with Silvaria.

3 Likes

I thought almost the same thing. Her and Khufu will be good friends if I pull her. so far that taunt thing is the biggest hindrance I have when using him

Also, a nice pairing with Quenell. Imagine a 520% Quenell slamming down on an enemy with -34% damage from special skills. Maybe add a bit of Franz and/or Silvaria into the mix.

6 Likes

Devana, Clarissa, Gravemaker.

Devana is avg and hits much weaker, just like Elradir.
Fast Hit-3 HOTMs are:
Clarissa,
Gravemaker,
Drake Fong,
Evelyn,
Margaret,
Reuben,
Thoth-Amun
if counting “minor to nearby” we can add:
Musashi
Iris

3 Likes

Hear me out: if Legends 2022 is going to get the same bonus as the other HotM families next year (2+ heroes = link applies to all colors), then the synergy with Tahir (or another given 2022 HotM) is going to be massive. Grace alone will counter taunts (that are wildly prevalent) and ensure your entire team is immune to fiends (also wildly prevalent).

This one’s it.

9 Likes

Everyone needs grace in their world!
Good luck in the portals …
may they show you a Grace :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Zagrog also has a minor nearby hit

Anyways this hero can play well with what I have. silvaria will defense debuff 3, c. Francine hits 3 and debuffs ice, and Grace can hit 3… Really would make garjammal out of place on primary green team.

I think her special skill is Malison (archaic word for curse) and not Mailson (no definition I could find). The prelim card I have seen has the former. FYI.

1 Like

Who can do better ? 5 HotM.

24 Likes

Congrats! Now you can have mono Grace team. :grin:
Could you please share her full artwork here? (so that everybody could see how ugly she is?)

2 Likes

The picture is from a teammember who did a 30-pull. He only got 5 HotM and no other 5* heroes. His goal was Sekhmet. Eventually he got her. I didn’t ask after how many pulls.

6 Likes