⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Zocc

This thread is for discussing whether Zocc is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Zocc. For that, please see: Zocc – 5* Nature/ Green - August 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Zocc is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Zocc is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of her strength)
  • I think Zocc is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of her strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Zocc is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Zocc? Or are there specific reasons you think he should remain unchanged?

4 Likes

The first hero that crossed my mind to compare Zocc was Malosi. Both deal 300% dmg to one target, Malosi shuts down status ailments, while Zocc shuts down hero completely. So, basically, Zocc does a bit more, and has a nice element link and innate ability. I like going green when Vela is around.
Does this justifies him being avarage speed vs. Malosi being very fast? I don’t know. But it doesn’t look to me like imbalanced hero. If sth needs to be done with him it shouldn’t be anything major.

8 Likes

I have no idea. I haven’t played with her maxed, so similar to others in the same situation - I can’t accurately make a determination of her use. Everything is speculation from those who haven’t used her, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Im not sure yet because i dont have the hero.
I like the ability, the innate ability but i dislike to first sight the speed and the damage. 300% of dmg seems to be on the medium low range if we compare with snipers heroes. Im not saying zocc is a sniper hero, hes a mana controler like Hansel or Merlin .

Im slighty leaning towards the opinion that he is well balanced overall, though id love he were fast speed instead of average.

I have lots of tonics so if it happens to pull him i will max the hero asap

1 Like

He is basicly 5* green Merlin (and first green 5* mana cotrol, correct me if I’m wrong)

So average mana seems good, also ability to charge target mana by 50% for possibly instant mana reduce is pretty awesome, it makes big chance for using his debuff twice at one skill use

He is surely offensive hero and well ballanced (nit perfectly) IMO he should deals more damage ~360% as average sniper

8 Likes

He’s just right. Enough damage and cool effect that was yet to be seen on Nature. Mana speed just on point, no overpower BS. Just like it should be.

Also, @Guvnor I think the poll is using the wrong gender. Zoc is a male and it’s all written using “her”.

4 Likes

I think that is the main drawback with this hero.
The damage doesnt fit with the hero speed.

Lets see in further reviews and videos if its justified

Zocc seems pretty much in line with where what I expect from a HotM. Strong, but not oppressively so, and not universally good in every role. He reminds me a bit of Neith, in terms of power, which I mean in a good way. He should be fun on offense and decent on titans, especially for people who don’t have Miki. I do think he could have a bit more damage for being average speed without being any sort of broken, however.

Probably would make him fast. His skill can easily backfire with either Monk/Cleric talent or Status Debuff Resist, so at least he could be faster. When Malosi can be Very Fast …

5 Likes

Unfortunately can’t change it now.

it won’t make your work less awesome x

1 Like

Needs just a slight tweek IMO. Maybe minor damage to nearby heroes just to make up for the average speed otherwise make him fast. Hansel is fast and has a similar effect so I don’t feel it will OP him.

3 Likes

The dreaded Tell. Part of the reason that HotM feels a bit broken, damage, mana down, minons and heals… oh Tell is average, but if you don’t get rid of this tank quick, you really don’t get specials.

Mana down is something I have renewed respect for.

Zoc looks good and will be useful. I kind of agree a little more damage would help seal a place. Malosi gets in due to lack of yellow snipers as much as anything I don’t think he is as effective as Joon. I feel Zoc might not beat some pretty effective snipers in the green space.

Lady of the lake minions have a mana control I believe.

3 Likes

Hansel’s special is also a similar mana control.
(instead of damaging another enemy, the affected enemy gets the damage when the mana is full.)

1 Like

This thread is possibly more fun than the Zocc thread…

So - I don’t know yet, but I’ll find out! I intend to reserve my judgment until I have him at 3/70.

I wish he would reflect red, even at the expense of something else. Now that would be interesting!

Great thread, @Guvnor

1 Like

From first glance it appeared as though Zocc was underpowered and after much thought I still think so. Despite never having a character with a mindless attack ability, I’ve gone up against and seen the power it can wield, specifically against that dark cube Valhalla lady hero. I can see the use in Zocc’s speed being average because it would allow opponent’s mana to get higher, however, a speed boost would be nice. But in lieu of that how about something simple like 20% buff for attack or defense for the caster and heroes nearby?

2 Likes

Hansel, Fast, 699ATT, 255% Damage and a 74% defense boost
Merlin, Avg, 682ATT, 220-255% Damage and no other effect
Zocc, Avg, 739 ATT, 300%, 30% defense link.

I’d take Hansel every time as he stops, as well as kills the hero you want gone. Mindless attack while killing the mana stream of your target, doesn’t continually hurt your selected target like Hansel does. (he’s single-handedly beaten bosses and helped in certain raids as you can tile dump the target to 0 quick).
+8 or +10 Hansel and I’d run him all day over Zocc. Changing Zocc to fast would barely alter my opinion, but just my $0.02.

2 Likes

I think he should be fast when comparing to Hansel,Peters, Malosi etc - OR deal a lot more damage (comparing to Gregorion) OR get something in addition, like self healing, defense or attack up ect OR hit target and nearby enemies (looking at Proteus) - there are unlimited options.

Something like that is missing to make him more exciting to use. I’m also not afraid to face him in raids or wars.

This could be different for players who are new, for them Zocc is really good! However for more experienced players who have a green mono team up already, Zocc is not exciting enough to replace other heroes.

I rather keep Hansel cos he’s fast, Evelyn cos she’s fast + splash damage and defense effect, Morgan le fey cos she’s fast and powerful, Lianna cos she hits ultra hard and is fast, and telluria cos its telluria. So no way I would swap any of them for Zocc. I see many other green heroes like Gregorion, Zeline, Ratatoskr, Peters and so on much more more usable than Zocc.

So: He’s good for Newbies or players looking for a green 5* to complete a certain team - but he’s defo nothing special for more advanced players who collected a decent pool of green 4/5*s.

If Zocc gets improved only a little, this could change whatsoever and benefit all player levels.

Just my thoughts after pulling him without getting excited at all. I actually rather level up my duplicate Hansel or Brynhild.

3 Likes

Wasted potential is what I call this character. People have no idea now powerful of an effect giving 50% mana to the opposing target is. And what is it squandered away to? Mindless attack (MA) :unamused:
If I were to change the skill of zocc I would definitely remove MA. Instead I would introduce a new ailment (let’s call it the overcharged ailment. Icon is an electric bolt) that damages a fix percentage (say 24%) per turn whenever the target has full mana. Damage is applied like DOT. Immediately this effect pairs really well with heroes like Miki and peters who silences the target and keep them at 100% mana. It also forces the target to fire quickly. If you aim zocc at a blue or yellow enemy after firing mitsuko or ursena you hasten the deaths of those targets with the elemental shields up. In Def, zocc can build up pressure towards you. Sure he gives you the mana to fire, but if you’re using a team that depends on timing to fire. You have to make a decision, do you wait for everyone on your team to charge up, thus receiving addition damage every turn, or do you fire now and screw up your timing.
He works fine with what he has been given even though I hated that he was given MA for no reason