🕵 Xnolphod – S4 Hero – 5* Dark / Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Hero Released: Xnolphod

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Xnolphod , as well as your thoughts on him.

Xnolphod

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Sorcerer
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
Image Aether Power Description
special-armor Special Armor At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +40% defense against Special Skills for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Decrease Ailment Duration – Duration of the first 3 status ailments this hero receives from special skills is decreased by 1 turn.
:hourglass: Ability (if costume is available): Boost Health on Special Skill
When this characters casts their Special Skill, they boost the health of all their allies by 10%.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Ancient Enchantment
  • Recovers 40% health for all allies.
  • Alters the power of all Dark Shields on the board. When an attacking Hero casts the special, the enhanced shields give 37% more mana. When a defending Hero casts the special, the shields become weakened and give -30% less mana.
  • Increase the mana of all allies by 10%.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 16% / 19% / 22% / 25% / 28% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 50 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Sep 2022

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is decreased with 10 from 778 to 768
  • Defense is increased with 10 from 782 to 792
  • The wording on the second special skill is changed a bit, but the effect is the same

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 2 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v37]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Xnolphod ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Xnolphod .

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Xnolphod and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Xnolphod worth summoning for?

• Would you use Xnolphod on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Xnolphod ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Xnolphod as an opponent?

• Would you give Xnolphod Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Xnolphod 's character design?

• If you Summoned Xnolphod and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Xnolphod , and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Xnolphod when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Xnolphod , you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Xnolphod (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Xnolphod ), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Xnolphod .

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Xnolphod by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Xnolphod by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Xnolphod by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Xnolphod by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Xnolphod by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, *846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Xnolphod *

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Xnolphod by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, *49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Xnolphod *

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Xnolhpod (post release)

:question: Is Xnolhpod worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Xnolhpod would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Xnolhpod’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer (Immediate)
  • Tile Enhancer (Offense)
  • Tile Nerfer (Defense)
  • Mana Increaser

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Xnolhpod compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Xnolhpod’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Xnolhpod’s Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Xnolhpod worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Xnolhpod is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Xnolhpod is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

4 Likes

Just to clarify (on his ‘Is he worth giving [emblems] to’ section), Xnolphod is a Sorcerer and not a Cleric on his card. I don’t know if he was a Cleric in beta.

I also LOVE how his class lowers the opponent’s mana generation and his SS is completely focused on increasing your team’s mana. Haha. He looks very promising. He’d be unstoppable at fast mana, so average does temper him quite a bit.

OH AND HE HEALS.

11 Likes

Combined with seshat and Maliacna and have mana speed up galore

1 Like

This Lovecraftian hero seems like a mana fountain

2 Likes

Got this fella in just 1 ten pull! Now I’m regretting not pulling for Malicna :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Sorry, I have copied these polls from another hero who was Cleric, and I forgot to update the title of this question. It is fixed now.

3 Likes

At the end, there is X-start heroes in this game :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I have a question.

Does this mean he will get 20% after he use his skill ?

5 Likes

There’s absolutely no need to apologise. I simply wanted to point it out in order to avoid confusion for other readers. Haha. hopefully it didn’t come across as me being cross. If so, I’ll apologise. I actually would like to thank you for all that you do here at the forum, mostly for creating useful and informative threads, so MASSIVE THANKS to you, @PlayForFun !

9 Likes

Yes, he will have 20% mana after you fire him.

2 Likes

Well, then I have an idea. Use x4 Xnolphod and Odin or Khagan Costume.

If you charge x4 Xnolphod which have mana regen buff from Odin or Khagan Costume and fire all of them, the first Xnolphod will get 80% mana. That mean he need at least +25% mana regen to be able to charge again. With this team he can get

4% (20th talent) + 15% (Lv.29 mana troop) + 8%(Odin buff at no yellow tile on board) = 27%

However, if there is 1 or more yellow tile on board, Xnolphod don’t need the 20th talent.

15% (Lv.29 mana troop) + 10%(Odin buff at 1 yellow tile on board) = 25%

or with Khagan Costume, Xnolphod also don’t need the 20th talent.

15% (Lv.29 mana troop) + 12%(Khagan Costume buff) = 31%

That mean after you use 4th Xnolphod the 1st Xnolphod will charge and can charge Odin or Khagan Costume as many times as you want and you can win any battle within 1 turn.

6 Likes

Great idea, you only need to pull 4 Xnolphods, give them 24 Tabards and 6000 emblems to check if it really works as good as in theory :smiley:

Tested him in beta, glad they balanced him out. He felt like a decent upgrade to C Rigard. Still would compete with my Kunchen as the cleanse nowadays is invaluable. He’s decent mana gain oriented support, especially when used with slower heroes. The buff on tiles isn’t that great, so he’s basically a heal + 20% mana gain. Great hero, but not an instant winner. Consider to give him highest troop for purple mono in VF so all will charge with 6 tiles :slight_smile:

10 Likes

He should be slow. Im surprised he left beta in that state…

3 Likes

If it works,

I think it is worth for do that for top player if they have enough material. If fact, if there is 1 yellow tile one them board, you will not need 20th talent. (I forget to add this detail :sweat_smile:)

x4 Xnolphod+0 and Odin(with 1 or more yellow tile on board) or Khagan Costume will be enough.

I think this team can take down any challenge event with 0 turn (Just use some mana potion). Not sure if that will make score bug or not :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Is there any way we can make Alfrike and Boss Wolf even more dangerous? Sure! Put Malicna and Xnolphod on that team. Just don’t add Maeve…that would be overkill.

4 Likes

Does th +20mana increase benefit from increased mana buffs?

I wonder how this would work in defence with the BK/Krampus + Sif meta where Onyx is the only actual threat. Now you can charge your whole team faster and slow Onyx down in the process…

This guy sounds super awesome. Love his instant mana gain versus the mana boost provided by other heroes. A lot like instant healers vs healers that heal over time I prefer the instantaneous mana boost which is predictable and probably timely in terms of getting your other heroes specials boosted . Fire this guy off and hopefully one or more other heroes will get the mana bars full AND he starts off with 20% more mana with mana boosted tiles. I definitely want this guy

2 Likes

Am I the only person who calls him “Xylophone”? Lol.

4 Likes

I really like Xnolphod and think the 20% mana boost could get the whole team charged at the right time… love the idea, hope it works well for those who pulled him. I wrote a complete review here. Thank you!

7 Likes