🕵 Hulda – S4 Hero – 5* Dark / Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Hero Released: Hulda

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Hulda, as well as your thoughts on him.

Hulda

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Cleric
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
Image Aether Power Description
special-armor Special Armor At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +40% defense against Special Skills for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Increase Buff Duration – Duration of the first 3 buffs this hero receives from special skills is increased by 1 turn.
:hourglass: Ability (if costume is available): Health Boost on Special Skill
When this characters casts their Special Skill, they boost the health of all their allies by 10%.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Pet Larva
  • Summons a Larva Minion for each ally with 31% HP inherited from caster. The Minion recovers 11% health of its owner at the end of each turn.
  • The Larva minion gives +24% mana generation for its owner as long as the owner has Larva minions. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • The Larva minion gives +54% defense for its owner as long as the owner has Larva minions. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 25 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

May 2024

Jun 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Hulda from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on new Season 4 Hero - Hulda [Part of The Beta Beat v46]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Hulda ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Hulda.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Hulda and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Hulda worth summoning for?

• Would you use Hulda on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Hulda ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Hulda as an opponent?

• Would you give Hulda Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Hulda’s character design?

• If you Summoned Hulda and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Hulda, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Hulda when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Hulda, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Hulda (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Hulda), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Hulda.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Hulda by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Hulda by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Hulda by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Hulda by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Hulda by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Hulda

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Hulda by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Hulda

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Hulda (post release)

:question: Is Hulda worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Hulda would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Hulda’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Summoner
  • Healer (Over Time)
  • Mana Generation Increaser
  • Defense Increaser

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Hulda compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Hulda’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Hulda’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Hulda worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Hulda is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Hulda is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options
3 Likes

Interested to see how this hero works. Could be a massive pain on defense

1 Like

I know it’s a minor thing but she’s listed as S2 not S4 :grimacing:…. I’ll definitely be trying for her!

Thx, I have fixed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I held my pulls for her… Hopefully… Hopefully it will be enough. I’m not putting her on defense… I don’t want a Nerf to come because she is ubiquitous on defense.

4 Likes

Will only be doing a 10 pulls for her, if zekena is featured as well.

1 Like

Yeah, I would love to have Zekeena as well, but I am saving tokens for Xnolphod :slight_smile:

Just figured yesterday, that in some way, Zekeena and Jabberwock are similar, but Zekeena is superior version of it.

Some time ago, Jabber was top hero, who now falls behind even with costume (still great hero), but his 2x 300 dmg is alot lower than Zekeenas 300 + 450% (extra dmg if its dark).
Jabber then has some poison and mana debuff, while Zekeena 56% defense debuff.

So yeah, definately wish to grab Zekeena. Extra dmg to dark is also the only missing ‘‘extra dmg’’ in my roster :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She sounds incredible. I would love to have her however this portal has not been friendly to me. I have gotten some good heroes but never the one I have actually wanted. So if your listening up there …please can I have one! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Worst artwork ever? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

OP or worse artwork. Choose one

1 Like

Okay I also need phileas as well lol

My cGormek would say “worst artwork”

2 Likes

I got phinmeas trying to get hulda.

Dont want him…

1 Like

In French her name should be “Dame Holle” I think.

So minion removal just got even more mandatory

Also that sound in the background is Pengi laughing himself hoarse

5 Likes

Well, it’s the big question, will Hilda or Pengi get the next Nerf. In my opinion Hulda looks like the next big clusterfu** that will take over all the defenses of top alliances while it will be quite common in normal defenses as well.

Without a good anti Minion ready, this one will heal the whole team up to 100% before you can take down the minions and by the time you can take them down, the whole team will be ready to fire and the Hulda tank will fire again… Which is basically game over.

So ether you have a good anti Minion counter or this hero will fu** up big time, especially together with Pengi.

Which leads to the question, will they Nerf Hulda or Pengi or both…

4 Likes

I may even train a second Noor just for her. Hulda is too dangerous to be left alone

2 Likes

I pulled her today and Diaochan last portal. I am missing one tabard for an ascension. Who should get them?

SG announcement soon to be after hulda pulling frenzy is over:

We are apologize for not realizing that hulda is too strong and can make imbalance to the game system. therefore we need to nerf them with the following:

• aaa skill decreased to bbb
  • ccc ability will be removed
  • def and hp will be slightly lowered to eee

for the compensation we will give everyone free 1 dawa token that guaranteed to get dawa (obviously).

13 Likes