🐼 Xiahou Dun – 4* Ice / Blue from War of the Three Kingdoms

New War of the Three Kingdoms hero is released: Xiahou Dun

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Xiahou Dun, as well as your thoughts on him.

Xiahou Dun

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Fighter
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 697 812 1281
4/80 808 942 1485
Origin Family
War of the Three Kingdoms Kingdom
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Quilin Blade
  • Deals 355% damage to the target.
  • Summons a Wei Soldier Minion for the caster and nearby allies with 20% HP and 25% attack inherited from the caster.
  • Each hit from a Wei Soldier Minion dispells all dispellable buffs from the target.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Kingdom family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 2% / 4% / 6% mana each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.
  • 3% / 5% / 7% heal each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as heroes fighting alongside with them receive additional persk in War of the Three Kingdoms:
+10% attack, + 3% defense, +7% health

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

May 2022

Result:

• Attack is increased to 641 from 640.
  • Defense is increased to 748 from 746.

June 2022

Sep 2022

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Xiahou Dun from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New War of the Three Kingdom Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v46]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Xiahou Dun ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Xiahou Dun.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Xiahou Dun and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Xiahou Dun worth summoning for?

• Would you use Xiahou Dun on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Xiahou Dun ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Xiahou Dun as an opponent?

• Would you give Xiahou Dun Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Xiahou Dun’s character design?

• If you Summoned Xiahou Dun and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Xiahou Dun, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Xiahou Dun when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Xiahou Dun, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Xiahou Dun (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Xiahou Dun), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Epic Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 17.5% chance of summoning Xiahou Dun.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 69 times out of 100, you’ll get Xiahou Dun by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Xiahou Dun by pull 156 (46,800 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Xiahou Dun by pull 240 (62,400 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 31 out of every 100 people won’t get Xiahou Dun by the 20th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::zero: times, 309,196 of those players wouldn’t get Xiahou Dun
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Xiahou Dun by the 156th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :one::five::zero: times, 56,280 of those players wouldn’t get Xiahou Dun
  • 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Xiahou Dun by the 240th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::four::zero: times, 10,013 of those players wouldn’t get Xiahou Dun

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Legedary heroes:

Epic heroes:

Rare heroes:

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Xiahou Dun (post release)

:question: Is Xiahou Dun worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Xiahou Dun would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Xiahou Dun’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Dispeller

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Xiahou Dun compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Xiahou Dun’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Xiahou Dun worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Xiahou Dun is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Xiahou Dun is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options
1 Like

Being able to dispel every turn is going to be game changing against certain defences

2 Likes

Dunno. Iris did similar thing and is not seen that game-changing. But anyway this will be good hero to have.

4 Likes

If the minion survives, it would mean dispels every turn.

-additional stuff-

Sorry let me also explain why xiahou dun is leagues ahead of iris as well. Iris needs to fire before the enemy buffs are applied because she is still subjected to dodge and taunt effects. But xiahou dun doesn’t. Because his dispel is from minions, it does not conform to dodge and taunt effects. And he’s just as fast as iris

(But also because this is a new hero with new mechanics, I may be wrong. I can only get him to see if this is true. But if it is, he’s leagues ahead of iris as a dispeller)

And I also think they made him too OP in the dispelling market. Potentially able to dispel every turn if the conditions are right and his minions can dispel every buff. But I’m not complaining. Never bothered to use to dispel before. But Xia makes me want to use dispellers because of how easy he can dispel the enemy

5 Likes

Elena from last costume chamber is already crying

9 Likes

I’ve just pulled him. Him and the 5* Dark that’s not a healer are my two wishes.
I’m finishing Ferrant now, next is this guy.

3 Likes

This starting power level is crazy
Edit: this “team” is nothing more than a “hey level us first!” team, not trying synergy or anything with them.

3 Likes

How a Limit Broken Xiahou Dun looks like. And a brief tournament / raid mashup:

18 Likes

The randomness of who the minion will hit and dispel prevents that I think. Sonya is still better if you want to be sure of dispelling everything. I haven’t started leveling him yet, but I expect a lot of frustration using him because of that :joy:

4 Likes

He is definitely better than the conventional dispeller. Sure it is random hits, but he makes it up with being able to dispel every turn if the minion survives, he does not need to time his dispels because of that. His minions can also bypass taunt to dispel, that’s the whole selling point of this hero to me, a dispeller that ignores taunt.
Even dodge should be useless against his minions. But I don’t know if c kad’s dodge will interact with the dispel. I am hoping no, since this is a minion effect and not from a skill.

10 Likes

I wonder if the minions belonging to his neighbors would dispel Mitsuko’s reflect. His own minion will not work I guess since the minion matches the color of the owner

6 Likes

This is a very good question :slight_smile:
I am curious about the answer too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

To answer the question: :slight_smile:

Kinda’ epic and I’ve got to be honest with you… didn’t even think about this scenario till I read it here after uploading my first video. It’s crazy good!! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Yeap, how he manages buff heavy teams is crazy good, one of the best. This guy does it effortlessly through those taunt and dodge buffs. And I think another minion spawner is great to pair with him in order to protect his own minions

4 Likes

Or does it? Although elemental shields can still block dispel, that dispel is not from a skill. Curious to see if even xia himself could dispel mitsuko’s shield

Our mate in another thread says he tested it and works against Mitsuko as well.

7 Likes

So this is what Frosth was made for. What a good thing I have both of them :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Omg this guy is the king of dispels. Even mitsuko can’t check him

5 Likes

Does anyone have a screenshot of the emblem path taken to achieve 796 869 1461?

I’m preparing to LB and emblem him.