🐼 Lu Bu – 5* Dark / Purple from War of the Three Kingdoms

New War of the Three Kingdoms hero is released: Lu Bu

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Lu Bu, as well as your thoughts on him.

Lu Bu

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Barbarian
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 850 863 1622
4/90 972 988 1856
Origin Family
War of the Three Kingdoms Kingdom
Image Aether Power Description
fiend-resist Fiend Resist At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new Fiends for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Distrupting Charge
  • Deals 330% damage to all enemies.
  • Summons a Mercenary Fiend for all enemies. The Fiend damages its target with 56% attack every turn.
  • The Mercenary Fiend absorbs healing. It disappears after absorbing a healing amount equal to 38% of its target’s max health.
  • The Mercenary Fiend’s target is immune to new buffs as long as the target has Mercenary Fiends. This effect can’t be cleansed.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Kingdom family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 2% / 4% / 6% mana each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.
  • 3% / 5% / 7% heal each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as heroes fighting alongside with them receive additional persk in War of the Three Kingdoms:
+10% attack, + 3% defense, +7% health

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2022

Sep 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Lu Bu from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New War of the Three Kingdom Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v46]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Lu Bu ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Lu Bu.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Lu Bu and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Lu Bu worth summoning for?

• Would you use Lu Bu on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Lu Bu ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Lu Bu as an opponent?

• Would you give Lu Bu Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Lu Bu’s character design?

• If you Summoned Lu Bu and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Lu Bu, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Lu Bu when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Lu Bu, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Lu Bu (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Lu Bu), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Lu Bu.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Lu Bu by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Lu Bu by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Lu Bu by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Lu Bu by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Lu Bu by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Lu Bu

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Lu Bu by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Lu Bu

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Legedary heroes:

Epic heroes:

Rare heroes:

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Lu Bu (post release)

:question: Is Lu Bu worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Lu Bu would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Lu Bu’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Fiend Summoner
  • Buff Immuniser

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Lu Bu compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Lu Bu’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Lu Bu’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Lu Bu worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Lu Bu is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Lu Bu is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

The buff immunity sounds useful…

2 Likes

Managed to snag him! Curious to know if he’d have potential as a tank maybe? :thinking: Gonna crush it in very fast tourneys / raids for sure!

4 Likes

Being slow and dark, This guy is the fusion of viscaro (fiends) and chakky (buff immunity)

2 Likes

Congratulations! I pulled him and 4* holy. I should be happy but…feeling just meh :confused:

4 Likes

Same pulls and same thoughts, really wanted the purple healer the most.

2 Likes

Lu Bu seems to be a better version of Viscaro Sir or Senan Sir and that’s not bad let’s say and I’m really talking from a deep roster perspective, I know, but…

I must also admit that I did in fact expect someone borderline op, since this character per definition or legend is pretty much not beatable (or almost since caocao Sir did so).

Don’t get me wrong op heroes aren’t healthy or even needed, since what we want for our fights is strategy, choice, synergy and so on, so no 700% hit all very fast god.

That been said, a slow hero that hits fairly hard, with fairly evil effects … pffff man that’s not too exciting. Think about wolf family or ninjas. There are demons out there for sure. The artwork though is dope, expect for the fingernails I mean WHAT ARE THOOOSE?

Even pairing him with other heroes to get that little bit of extra mana feels like too less of a push. In general the synergy within W3K family is a good attempt but barely noticeable I think. But that’s an other topic.

At the end, if I would need to decide whom to ascend Lu Bu Sir or let’s say Onyx Sir, I’ll definitely go for the :ninja:t2: since I don’t invest in niche heroes first but all time favourites.

Freaking frog SG, you messed up this beloved legend to a mediocre “meeeh ok I didn’t get Diaochan, so I guess I’ll go with him “ kind of hero, where he should have been THE #1 worth chasing for hero.

Disappointed because unrealistic expectations and deep roster thingy I guess. But still disappointed.

To all who got him and love him, all my best, have fun, feel lucky you are. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Perhaps my comments did not come across as intended allow me to clarify. I am not feeling just meh over whom I pulled, actually I think he’s cool (didn’t notice the fingernails thing) the last thing i need is another slow hero but I really appreciate pulling a 5* and I did get the 4* (even though she’s slow) that i really wanted.(yes my avatars little sister) My whole meh feeling is the portal in general, the lower than expected odds, holding back certain heros to entice us to spend again, I know, I know it’s a business here to make money and yes I know the odds are stated. I don’t know what exactly it is but this portal for me is just blahs

5 Likes

When I heard they were basing an aspect of the game on The War of the 3 Kingdoms I was really excited to see what they would do with one of the most feared warriors of his time. He seems a bit underwhelming. Quite disappointed. The art is great but what he does is very meh for me and my playstyle… Actually, that’s the same for most of these heroes for me :unamused:

Happy Gaming :sunglasses:

1 Like

I saw on Reddit someone saying that Lu Bu can fire at functional fast (9 tiles). I tried it and it seemed to work. My team was Motega, Zhou yu, wang Yuanji, Anastasia and Lu Bu (level 17 mana troop) and no emblems. You need a few minions to boost him up but it’s not that hard as Motega and Anastasia fire in 5 tiles.

Yap having a lot of minion summoners around Lu Bu will benefit him or maybe even make him functionally fast. true story and good story.

Just a thought, not trying too weaken your point, maybe adding one. I’m not sure if having a lot of summoner heroes will mostly deliver let’s say the best possible synergy. Too many defensiv heroes might not be able to push through hard defences and so on.

So in other words, maximising the utility of one hero could possibly lead to a lack of utility for 4 heroes. Over emphasising one particular element. More over for my teams I’m always trying to create teams with multiple synergies regarding passives, talents and specials.

Totally agree Remus. I thought it was interesting that a slow hero could be fast. Without to much trouble. That is the best team I could field to test the theory. But if someone had Bera and Freya and 3 of the 3 kingdom hero. That might start to be an awesome team

1 Like

Did you really try that out ?

I have Zhang Fei max. He is a fast speed sniper. Even with a mana 30 troop on him, I was not able to charge him in 6 tiles after lauching Anastasia and Motega before him

In this team, I also have Wang Yuanji (2 heroes of the 3 kingdoms family = 4% mana bonus)

Yes I’m pretty sure it works. You do need 3 heroes from the 3 kingdoms to get the 6% mana and I use 3 minion summoners. Which probably all need to fire to get it to work

Viscaro got called up to the big leagues in January. Now he’s being sent right back down to AAA. Thank goodness I have extra tabards lying around.

I ended up pulling him hoping for Diaochan. Also feel kinda meh like when I pulled Viscaro. If they cut his attack down and made him average I would be much higher on him. Still have Lepiota to decide on but I don’t know if I need another slow hero since I have Ludwig but I do see some synergy between them. Decisions decisions.

The single 5* I pulled from this event. I was initially a bit “meh” as I was hoping for the 4* dispeller or if all the starts aligned the buff stealing 5*.

But pairing him with Xnol and vs a buff-heavy team with no healers/fiend removers ( Or If there is a healer then I can throw Viscaro in with him)… 9 purple tiles will give you the ability to perma block all enemy buffs. That is pretty big and well worth his ascension.

4 Likes

Exactly my thoughts, was also a bit dissapointed but let’s try him out. Will level him and give him some emblems to pair him with Xnol or next to Ludwig. Will shine in a very fast without yellow for sure.

Worth the tabs?