🐼 Yao– 3* Ice / Blue from War of the Three Kingdoms

New War of the Three Kingdoms hero is released: Yao

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Yao, as well as your thoughts on him.

Yao

Rarity Element Class
:star::star::star:
Rare
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Ranger
Mana Speed Attack Defense Health
A
Average
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
Origin Family
War of the Three Kingdoms Kingdom
:dizzy: Special Skill: Sword of Wei
  • Deals 215% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Summons a Wei Soldier Minion with 20% HP and 25% attack inherited from the caster.
  • Each hit from a Wei Soldier Minion dispells all dispellable buffs from the target.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Kingdom family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 3% / 6% / 10% mana each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.
  • 4% / 6% / 8% heal each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as heroes fighting alongside with them receive additional persk in War of the Three Kingdoms:
+10% attack, + 3% defense, +7% health

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

May 2022

Result:

• Defense is increased to 497 from 496.
  • HP is increased to 778 from 777.

June 2022

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to ao last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New War of the Three Kingdom Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v46]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Yao ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Yao.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Yao and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Yao worth summoning for?

• Would you use Yao on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Yao ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Yao as an opponent?

• Would you give Yao Ranger Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Yao’s character design?

• If you Summoned Yao and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Yao, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Yao when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Yao, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Yao (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Yao), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Rare Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Rare Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 33.2% chance of summoning Yao.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 55 times out of 100, you’ll get Yao by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Yao by pull 75 (19,700 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Yao by pull 115 (30,100 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 45 out of every 100 people won’t get Yao by the 20th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::zero: times, 446,630 of those players wouldn’t get Yao * 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Yao by the 75th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :seven::five: times, 48,675 of those players wouldn’t get Yao
  • 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Yao by the 115th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :one::one::five: times, 9,710 of those players wouldn’t get Yao

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Legedary heroes:

Epic heroes:

Rare heroes:

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Yao

:question: Is Yao worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Yao compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Yao is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does Yao’s Special Skill match Yao’s Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Yao’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Minion Summoner
  • Dispeller

0 voters

:question: Is Yao worth giving Ranger Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Yao is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Yao will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

I compared Yao to other Average Rare Blues.

Hero Attack Special % Targets Secondary Damage to target Damage to 3 targets
Yao 486 215% Target and nearby Minion who dispels 1045 3135
Nordri 483 245% Minor to nearby EDD 1198 2396
CB.Karil 508 260% Minor to nearby 1321 2642
C.Karil 527 240% Minor to nearby Burn 1265 2530
Chick Jr 523 180% Hit all -20% attack to self 941 2823

Yao’s attack stat isn’t particularly high compared to his peers. What make makes his damage different is hitting 3 equally compared to minor damage to nearby. I see a lot of C.Karil and Chick Jr in event teams to follow up C.Gunnar and Nordri. Since they do minor damage to nearby, they will be doing less total damage than Yao.

Does that mean We’ll see teams with three Yaos? Maybe. I’m guessing the minions are a net negative for challenge events. But I’ll let others expiriment to figure it out.

I do expect Yao to replace Karil in tournaments. Less damage to target, but more to nearby and a better secondary makes Yao a pretty good upgrade.

I don’t think the challenge event differentiator will matter for >90% of players (myself included). And the frequency of raid tournaments where I’d use Yao won’t come around often enough to “chase” Yao. But I’d definitely level him if I got him.

7 Likes

Bought two small offers and got him and Justice :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

He seems great for Bloody Tournaments (the minions are quite beefy) and also a possible replacement there for Tyrum

LE Seems he only gets one minion :frowning: So definitely under Tyrum and Mnesseus

Everybody seems to forget the dispelling of the minion. I will definitely use him in Buff tournaments as well.

Got him on +15 (have the emblems but currently out of food) now. He’s definitely on my list to LB. It’s a 3* version of Xiahou Dun, which I use a lot.

4 Likes

A n d… NERFED…
Whos surprised that recent Kingdom heros get nerfed around the time New heros become available?

Just started to bring him up, now use him as food himself i think. Chick jr hold his place in mono blue.

How much have his 3/50 stats changed?

1 Like

Heres how mine looks maxed.

Its nice when the Nerf one. They send you a “reset” token, but if you’ve Limit Broke them… whats the point… well other than adjusting your Talents for that Hero. Mats for the Limit Break are gone by that point.

Those are the base stats at 1/1.

How much did 3/50 stats change?

Staff says that the stats are changed with 1-7

I didn’t do a before and after for Yao, but my Xiahou Dun lost 2 ATK, 2 DEF, 7 HP

3 Likes

7 hp less? Monstrous! :wink:

2 Likes

I agree that after leveling it’s slightly weaker by a hair but why bother? To force us to buy more aethers and emblems?

I think they just visually wanted to fix the power creep. Those W3K 3s had the same starting power at 1/1 S1 4s.

The latest balance updates have practically no effect. I still use all my W3K heroes a lot. Stats have changed so marginally, I simply don’t understand what the fuzz is about. 2 points on def or HP less? Woohaa. Who cares. It really does not differ that much.
My Yao still has nice stats and is very strong.

4 Likes

I have adjusted the OP with May balance changes.

June balance updates are now also added to the OP.