🐼 Guan Yu – 5* Nature / Green from War of the Three Kingdoms

New War of the Three Kingdoms hero is released: Guan Yu

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Guan Yu, as well as your thoughts on him.

Guan Yu

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Paladin
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 890 834 1578
4/90 1018 955 1805
Origin Family
War of the Three Kingdoms Kingdom
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Green Dragon Crescent Blade
  • Deals 390% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Damage bypasses target’s Minions.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -25% defense and a further -3 defense for each Minion owned by the enemies for 3 turns, up to -70% defense. This effect can’t be cleansed.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Kingdom family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 2% / 4% / 6% mana each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.
  • 3% / 5% / 7% heal each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as heroes fighting alongside with them receive additional persk in War of the Three Kingdoms:
+10% attack, + 3% defense, +7% health

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2022

Sep 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Guan Yu from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New War of the Three Kingdom Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v46]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Guan Yu ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Guan Yu.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Guan Yu and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Guan Yu worth summoning for?

• Would you use Guan Yu on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Guan Yu ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Guan Yu as an opponent?

• Would you give Guan Yu Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Guan Yu’s character design?

• If you Summoned Guan Yu and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Guan Yu, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Guan Yu when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Guan Yu, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Guan Yu (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Guan Yu), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Guan Yu.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Guan Yu by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Guan Yu by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Guan Yu by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Guan Yu by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Guan Yu by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Guan Yu

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Guan Yu by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Guan Yu

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Legedary heroes:

Epic heroes:

Rare heroes:

7 Likes

Feedback Poll - Guan Yu (post release)

:question: Is Guan Yu worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Guan Yu would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Guan Yu’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Defense Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Guan Yu compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Guan Yu’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Guan Yu’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Guan Yu worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Guan Yu is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Guan Yu is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options
3 Likes

Puh. Man this card…
Thinking back to the good old dynasty warrior days, Guan Yu was very strong. Too strong. He was so strong, that even when this character died in one game scenario, he did so while standing and he kept standing even when his heart already stopped beating.

Obviously he qualifies for being used against titans, but also raids of course.

So regarding the dynasty character the cards special skill is on point.
I’m curious how facing this hero in raids will turn out to feel like. Anyways I’m so looking forward letting this guy turn to stone by the hand of my marvellous :ninja:t6::ninja:t3: :ninja:t4::ninja:t3::ninja:t2: :wink:

5 Likes

granted he gives defense down, but the total increases for each minion owned. wouldn’t be useful, apart from the 25%

1 Like

I’d like to use guan with wilbur and maybe skadi. Seems like a decent option for synergy…

His hit 3 damage is higher than Khagan’s, and at average speed. The defense down is just an extra bonus on the top

Pair him with Almur or Evelyn and watch him squash 3 opponents

11 Likes

He’s got the highest scaling defense down in the game. I really want this hero.

4 Likes

dont release this hero as it is described otherwise it will get nerfed. definitely OP

2 Likes

This skill is quite confusing to read at first. The -70% DD can only be achieved when the enemy team maxes out on 15 minions. Use with grimble and you instantly turn the tides of battle

Minion owned by ‘the’ enemies should be rephrased to minion owned by ‘all’ enemies because originally I thought it was only for the hit targets and the -70% DD was impossible to reach.
But yeah, anything outside of raids and tourneys he won’t achieve that -70% DD

4 Likes

Should w3k not be online now?

The first Wo3k started at 12GMT, so 5 hours from now

1 Like

Looks like that is copy and paste mistake @PlayForFun . Here’s the official calendar

1 Like

Cool, thank you for the info

Managed to bag this guy too! Been waiting for a green def down like this that wasn’t just strictly nature def down! Looks like one I’m gonna fully ascend for sure, very happy with this grab! :smiley:

7 Likes

Congrats to anyone that pulls him, honestly he is the only one I want out of this portal, at least of the 5s. Sadly I pulled the one 5 hero I did not want, Zhuge Liang :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

4 Likes

My first power level, ran out of food bundles to finish the LB and the legendary tome helped greatly.

I like him

13 Likes

I did 30 shots and got it! It really’s worth all the badges and LB

4 Likes

Me, reading this after pulling my 3rd Justice:

8 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like