🩅 VĂ€inĂ€möinen – 5* Nature / Green from Legends of Kalevala

New Legends of Kalevala hero is released: VÀinÀmöinen

This thread is for discussing strategy related to VÀinÀmöinen, as well as your thoughts on him.

VÀinÀmöinen

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Sorcerer
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 861 870 1596
4/90 985 995 1826
Origin Family
Legends of Kalevala Kalevala
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Power of Sisu
When this character starts a turn with low health for the first time during a battle, they recover 15% health and receive 15% mana.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Song of Morass
  • Deals 270% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • All enemies get -30% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offisive Special Skills. Against Fire characters, this status effect becomes uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Kalevala family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

Receive -10% / -25% / -40% less damage from the Special Skills of the stronger element. (Fire)

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to VÀinÀmöinen from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Legends of Kalevala Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v49]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of VÀinÀmöinen ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on VÀinÀmöinen.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to VÀinÀmöinen and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is VĂ€inĂ€möinen worth summoning for?

• Would you use VĂ€inĂ€möinen on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with VĂ€inĂ€möinen ?

• What heroes would you take when facing VĂ€inĂ€möinen as an opponent?

• Would you give VĂ€inĂ€möinen Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of VĂ€inĂ€möinen’s character design?

• If you Summoned VĂ€inĂ€möinen and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned VĂ€inĂ€möinen, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of VĂ€inĂ€möinen when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about VĂ€inĂ€möinen, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving VĂ€inĂ€möinen (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving VĂ€inĂ€möinen), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - VÀinÀmöinen (post release)

:question: Is VÀinÀmöinen worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of VÀinÀmöinen would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think VĂ€inĂ€möinen’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Accuracy Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of VÀinÀmöinen compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does VĂ€inĂ€möinen’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match VĂ€inĂ€möinen’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is VÀinÀmöinen worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think VÀinÀmöinen is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think VÀinÀmöinen is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is VÀinÀmöinen worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem VÀinÀmöinen then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

4 Likes

Why are there two fast, hit three, green heroes in this portal? Then we have a fast, hit three, green HotM coming out in August. We had El Naddah in May, Silvaria in what? April
? Variety is key, but with nature heroes, there appears to be none.

9 Likes

Don’t forget average speed hit 3’s Guan Yu amd Liu Bei came out in the same time frame also!

1 Like

Got and maxed Guan Yu recently who is charged with 2 more tiles, but does 390% to three and defense down as well (though heavily dependent on minions). Not really impressed with this one.

2 Likes

He is easily the most boring one of the group. The one thing that sets him apart from heroes like peridot is his blind is always AOE.

Drake Fong → Dr. Moreau → VĂ€inĂ€möinen

Evolution without damage increase :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I can see this guy paired with C-Kadilen, fast blind+dodge

3 Likes

El Nada and future hit-3 HOTM is better.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ll ever say his name without mistakes. :face_with_spiral_eyes: Maybe I’ll practice when I catch him :grinning:

6 Likes

What if after you waste 3 green matches and cast your special, then you don’t get another 3 green matches within 3 turns? Opponents are still alive and then you’re dead.

Blind and dodge can help you survive a few rounds, but you need to kill them as a priority. You can’t always assume you’ll get the tiles you need each turn.

2 Likes

I’ve got him today.

Since I love Dr M certainly this guy will have a spot in my green team. But Guan Yu, C Kadilen and Ratatorsky are on the line for leveling

1 Like

This guy is much better than people give him credit for. A party wide accuracy decrease is great.

3 Likes

This hero needs a buff. Blind should be 44-50%

5 Likes

It’s just like regular Drake/Moreau
with less blind %. I guess he’s green? He’s pretty lackluster IMO.

2 Likes

He hits all instead of three with his minus accuracy, which at a mere 5% less isnt that noticeable and makes him better. In my playtesting, hes been solid. I expected less from him as well but after actually playing him, I just think hes getting a much worse rap than he deserves. In no way am I arguing against a buff though. He shouldnt be doing less damage than El Naddaha.

8 Likes

That’s a good callout, I missed that detail and thought it was only blind to 3 (not all) :thinking:

1 Like

I want to like this guy but feel his 270% to 3 is underwhelming, given how the strongest hit-3 green is already now up to 390% to three. The accuracy debuff is nice, but you can’t rely on it. I feel he should be doing 300% to three. 270% to three feels outdated.

4 Likes

Yeah, my mistake

I also thought that he does accuracy to 3 but to all he is alot better
 immediately went to pull from this portal again /beacuse of your post) and got him in 15 pulls from so thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Still think he needs some % up, either dmg or accuracy.

Kadilen has 45% and is basically same effect at same speed.