🦅 Ukkonen – 5* Fire / Red from Legends of Kalevala

New Legends of Kalevala hero is released: Ukkonen

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Ukkonen, as well as your thoughts on Ukkonen.

Ukkonen

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Fighter
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 912 1007 1804
4/90 1043 1153 2065
Origin Family
Legends of Kalevala Kalevala
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Power of Sisu
When this character starts a turn with low health for the first time during a battle, they recover 15% health and receive 15% mana.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Chords of Distorion
  • Deals 230% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -40% attack for 3 turns. Against Ice characters, this status effect becomes uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer.
  • The caster and nearby allies recover 618 HP over 3 turns. The effect duration is reset if the status effect owner is hit with direct damage from a Special Skill.
  • The caster and nearby allies are immune to buff dispels for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Kalevala family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

Receive -10% / -25% / -40% less damage from the Special Skills of the stronger element.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased to 832 from 811.
  • Defense is increased to 920 from 900.
  • Health is increased to 1629 from 1577.
  • Damage is increased to 230% from 200%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Legends of Kalevala Heroes - Ukkonen [Part of The Beta Beat v59]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Ukkonen ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Ukkonen.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Ukkonen and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Ukkonen worth summoning for?

• Would you use Ukkonen on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Ukkonen ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Ukkonen as an opponent?

• Would you give Ukkonen Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Ukkonen’s character design?

• If you Summoned Ukkonen and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Ukkonen, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Ukkonen when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Ukkonen, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Ukkonen (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Ukkonen), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Ukkonen (post release)

:question: Is Ukkonen worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Ukkonen would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Ukkonen’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Attack Debuffer
  • Healer (Over Time)
  • Buff Dispell Immunizer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Ukkonen compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Ukkonen’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Ukkonen’s Base Stats?

Note this means Ukkonen’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Ukkonen worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Ukkonen is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Ukkonen is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Ukkonen worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Ukkonen then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
1 Like

Seems like pretty annoying tank. Though LNY bunny and Mistweaver will make short work of them. But still.

If this was buff immunity he would be so much more useful
But you use whatever the card offers. Immediately a mok arr combination will work well to infinite his healing

2 Likes

Used 49 coins and got 2 Kalevala 5* heroes plus 2 S1 and 1 HOTM. :star_struck:
He seems interesting, I’ll start working on him and see where the best he fits in my roster.

9 Likes

Looks like this guy got a slight buff in damage to 230% (from 200%), but I’m still undecided on how good he is - will have to wait for the polls :wink:

1 Like

The hero card is updated with the changes. Polls are enabled.

2 Likes

Just got him on my 14th EHT. I’m happy about it simply because Fire is one color I have less of than others. I don’t think he looks too bad.

Have to definitely be careful of who you put next to him because he would negate my Queen Gouwang and Tremor, as you want them being dispelled.

5 Likes

I think being a fighter will bring a huge advantage through his passive ability , revive himself for the first time,and then adding 15% health and 15 % mana!
Can’t wait to level him up!

4 Likes

Seems pretty underwhelming on paper. His damage is rather low, -attack is one of the weaker ailments and heal over time isn’t that great to begin with, especially since it’s only for nearby allies. I don’t expect to see him in any top defence teams and can’t really think of a use for him. It seems like his only gimmick is to prevent stacking ice against him as tank, but you can work around that by not bringing ice heroes.

4 Likes

Not impressed. Pulled him unfortunately instead of Kullervo, whom I use all the time. I’d rather have pulled the other 5* red. This guy’s damage is too low and I’ve always seen heal/buff for “self and allies” as weak compared to AOE. The attack down is the best part I think as it’ll make him harder to kill, but it won’t make him worth leveling for me.

2 Likes

He should fast. If still average speed. Damage should 300%.

• the all allies recover 618 HP over 3 turns. The effect duration is reset if the status effect owner is hit with direct damage from a Special Skill.
  • The all allies are immune to buff dispels for 3 turns.

this hero is really ridiculous!! @Petri

3 Likes

Ridiculous is him paired with Ludwig, this hero is completely OP and the duo will break the game. How will u dispell Ludwig Taunt after he goes off?

2 Likes

I agree, he is good with taunt heroes, especially with ludwig. and other with annoying buffs. On it’s in own he doesn’t seem very impressive, but in the right combination he can be great.

I wonder if The Hatter would work as a counter? He steals buffs, he doesn’t dispell.

all heroes will shine next to Ludwig (if Ludwig can turn on his skills, then the left and right heroes will shine).
than to keep him beside ludwig. I’d rather put a hero who shoots AOE with great damage. then the game will be 80% complete.

this hero (Ukkonen) is OP?? Come on buddy. For God Sake. Like as the beta tester said Laselle too OP in a bloody tournament. but in the top 100 defense bloody tournament. you can’t see the nose of the seahorse.

if you feel this skill * The caster and nearby allies are immune to buff dispels for 3 turns. he is good. you better use Brynhild at fast speed and heal your Ludwig

1 Like

I wondered if he might be a viable solution to enhance Thunderclap, whose buffs are easily dispelled. While he indeed „guards“ the damage part of Thunderclaps ability against dispell, his heal over time unfortunately overwrites Thunderclaps Overheal-Over-Time. So he is not the ideal companion for the ape…

He does quite a few things. AoE damage, AoE attack down, HoT to 3, dispel protection for 3. Sobek does 295% but essentially nothing else besides bypassing defensive debuffs.

He’s okay, especially as a red tank, especially with that passive that gets him restore HP and MP from critical health. Rarely see red tanks these days though (unless it’s Hathor).

1 Like

Use Ithar and take all the goodies to your team.

3 Likes

Interesting you brought this up because i have only seen him once so far in top 100 and he was tank with tremor as left flank. I agree with your statement so this confuses me.
Also if using as tank would you go shield path? I’m about to give him my fighter emblems and i want to choose correctly. Tyvm in advance.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know why anyone would put Tremor next to him. Makes no sense. As for path, I’m personally going a blended route with this one, once I get more emblems. My fighter emblems currently are going towards Waterpipe

2 Likes