🦅 Ilmarinen – 5* Fire / Red from Legends of Kalevala

New Legends of Kalevala hero is released: Ilmarinen

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Ilmarinen, as well as your thoughts on him.

Ilmarinen

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Fighter
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 825 894 1620
4/90 944 1023 1854
Origin Family
Legends of Kalevala Kalevala
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Power of Sisu
When this character starts a turn with low health for the first time during a battle, they recover 15% health and receive 15% mana.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Forged in Fire
  • Reduces the mana of all Ice enemies by 40%. Reduces the mana of all other enemies by 20%.
  • All enemies share received damage with each other for 4 turns This status effect is undispellable and lasts 2 turns longer on Ice characters.
  • All enemies get -56% defense for 4 turns Against Ice characters, this status effect becomes uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Kalevala family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

Receive -10% / -25% / -40% less damage from the Special Skills of the stronger element. (Ice)

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Ilmarinen from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Legends of Kalevala Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v49]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Ilmarinen ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Ilmarinen.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Ilmarinen and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Ilmarinen worth summoning for?

• Would you use Ilmarinen on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Ilmarinen ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Ilmarinen as an opponent?

• Would you give Ilmarinen Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Ilmarinen’s character design?

• If you Summoned Ilmarinen and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Ilmarinen, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Ilmarinen when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Ilmarinen, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Ilmarinen (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Ilmarinen), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - Ilmarinen (post release)

:question: Is Ilmarinen worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Ilmarinen would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Ilmarinen’s Primary Purpose is?

• Mana Cutter
  • Share Damage (Enemies)
  • Defense Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Ilmarinen compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Ilmarinen’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Ilmarinen’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Ilmarinen worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Ilmarinen is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Ilmarinen is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Ilmarinen worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Ilmarinen then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

4 Likes

in rush, this hero would be awesome.

2 Likes

Not really interested in this one

So a 5* version of Wilbur who also mana cuts? Yes please. I want this one.

4 Likes

This is a big one for events. 5* lacked shared damage for enemies until now (Mica and Aegir do it only for allies) and he throws a dig defense reduction on top (same as C-Santa). Especially since that shared damage is undispellable so you can’t accidentally dispel it. Arguably a bit niche but niche that is currently badly covered. Definitely would like to have one.

4 Likes

Slow but devastating when he fires. I hope I get him

1 Like

The more I look back at this guy the more I want him. Won’t get him as only have one pull as things stand but he would improve so much for me.

1 Like

Now curious does “ This status effect is uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer on Ice characters.”

mean

1. This status is uncleansable. Also, it lasts 2 turns longer on Ice.

or

1. On Ice, this status is uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer.
4 Likes

Just tested this using super mana pot on a world stage. When fired on non ICE enemies , there was no uncleansable/undispellable status. Those only appeared on ICE enemies. So I was say it’s #2

5 Likes

Thanks for the test and… that lends some perspective to how powerful Ilmarinen is generally, hrm

1 Like

i find him underwhelming. the mana cut isn’t much

his speed is slow but his special is more fitting for average speed.

out of all of them, he is the most in need of buffs

Wilbur is faster and protects his allies on top of it

10 Likes

I Finnish the special text reads quite differently. The second part is something like “if there are ice enemies, then this status effect cannot be cleansed and it lasts two turns longer”. (Normal reading of that would be: If there is even a single ice enemy, then all the enemies get uncleansable and longer status effect.)

I suppose that this might just be one case of bad translations and logically bad descriptions, which are plenty in various other places also.

I have a strong feeling that they forgot to add part of the ult to him, for example, with damage, or healing, or screwed up with speed) I don’t see any applications, except for events that are not interesting to me. I prefer titanium wilbur, although the reduction in defense is less, but protection for my team and saving consumables. disappointment.

3 Likes

I’ve gotten Ilmarinen and I am hugely lacking in 5* red so… I’m working on him regardless. But yeah, I’m hoping his extra DD is enough to make him worth it, even though he seems like a 5* not-quite-Wilbur.

I guess I’m not sure if his “anti-blue” tech would be enough to make him a significant tank (e.g. making would-be attackers lean toward, say, purple/yellow attacks rather than blue-led attacks)

That is interesting, so I looked to do an additional experiment along @Ragnar2’s lines: what if Ilmarinen fires against a mix of blue and non-blue heroes?

It seems the extended duration and uncleansable only hit blue enemies, not “everyone if any blue enemies are present.”

3 Likes

I got him and I’m looking forward to challenge events - although having him and Bobo seems a bit redundant - but at least it gives another option. I’m also looking forward to pairing him with Caitlin. Mwhaha.

2 Likes

I think that the special skills looks regular due is slow and he did not have damage in the special skill , as someothers comented with this skills is not useful at all Even wilbur have more opportunities than him, need to be buffed adding attack to his special skill or increase to speed to average to be more competitive with the new héroes otherwise Will be a 5* hero with low rate of use as others as BOSS Wolf, owl guardian that his special skill does not competive with the new 5* heroes

5 Likes

Got him.

If I didn’t have Sun I would be more exited and use him for titans.

Ok I won’t say he’s “useless” because he could be marginally better than whatever hero you are using for green titans.

Nevermind I’m sorry. He’s useless. He’s so bad, even if they changed his mana speed to average he’d barely make it as a four star hero. Four star li xiu does a similar mana cut at average speed. Four star Wilbur does a similar defense down at average speed. Combining those two skills must be so overpowering they needed to make him slow. Congrats, I suppose he does serve a purpose: diluting the pool of legendary heroes.

6 Likes