Return to Morlovia Hero RETURNING: Valeria!
Special Skill: Dusk of Sorrow
- Deals 235% damage to the target.
- The target receive 150 damage over 5 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased by 220, up to 580 damage in total.
- The caster steals 61% of any healing applied to the target for 3 turns.
What do you think of Valeria?
This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Valeria.
Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Valeria and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.
Some Popular Questions for Discussion
Is she worth summoning for?
Would you use her on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?
Would you give Valeria Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path would you choose?
What do you think of her special?
What do you think of her character design?
The theme of Return to Morlovia heroes is stackable DoT and stealing healing. What do you think of this sort of special skill?
Avoiding Overspending & Heartache
Or: How many summons are needed to get Valeria?
Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.
It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Event Hero.
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 27.8% chance of summoning Valeria.
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
- 50 times out of 100, you’ll get Valeria by pull 21 (5,500 gems)
- 96 times out of 100, you’ll get Valeria by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
- 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Valeria by pull 140 (36,400 gems)
Putting that in Perspective
- 50 out of every 100 people won’t get Valeria by the 21st pull
- If 1 Million players each summoned 21 times, 500,000 of those players wouldn’t get Valeria
- 4 out of every 100 people won’t get Valeria by the 100th pull
- If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 40,000 of those players wouldn’t get Valeria
- 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Valeria by the 140th pull
- If 1 Million players each summoned 140 times, 10,000 of those players wouldn’t get Valeria
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
- How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis
- What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about “unfair pulls”)
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning
The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.
Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.
That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.
Many people regard the Christmas heroes as superior to the Halloween heroes, and therefore prefer to save their Epic Hero Tokens for December. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?
You’ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.
Because Return to Morlovia 2019 is expected to run from the end of October until the beginning of November, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.
For information on the October and November HOTM, please see:
November HOTM: 🧪 Early Information on the November 2019 HOTM (Neith)
Wondering About Your Personal Situation?
Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.
If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.
Have an Insight on Valeria’s Game Mechanics?
Click for Info on Creating Player Guides
This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Valeria.
Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Valeria.
Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.
Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.
Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?
Do you already have Valeria from a previous Return to Morlovia?
- Yes, I have Valeria already from a past Return to Morlovia
- No, I tried to get Valeria previously, but didn’t succeed
- No, I was playing during Return to Morlovia last year, but didn’t try for Valeria
- No, I wasn’t playing during the last Return to Morlovia
Do you plan to Summon for Valeria this Return to Morlovia?
- Yes, I want to try to get Valeria this Return to Morlovia
- No, I already have Valeria, and don’t want to try for another
- No, I’m not interested in Valeria, or don’t think it’s worth trying with the Summoning odds
Overall, what do you think of Valeria’s usefulness?
- I think Valeria is one of the very best heroes
- I think Valeria is above average
- I think Valeria is very average
- I think Valeria is below average
- I think Valeria is one of the very worst heroes
Be sure to share your detailed thoughts in comments below!
What do you think of Valeria’s design?
- Valeria is one of my MOST favorite hero designs
- Valeria is one of my LEAST favorite hero designs
- I’m indifferent to Valeria’s design, I don’t have strong feelings either way